IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:19 am

The young would-be bandit is quick to reply. Shaking his head he says, "Just another abandoned village. There's a lot of them around here, don't think I've ever been to this one."
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Wruter » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:06 am

"I agree with the others, it would make sense to investigate the village though with caution," Fenn replies to Arethus.
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi pulls his knife, and starts exploring the village. Are all the buildings more or less similar, or is there a more important or rich looking one?
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Cotton » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:16 am

There are five buildings in total in the village. They are all of varying size and quality of construction, but it appears they all simply served as houses for the people that once lived here.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Postby evil_scientist » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:24 am

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi goes to the first building, and walks around in it. If there are windows, he looks inside.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Wruter » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:21 am

Fenn joins in making a search of the buildings, keeping his sword drawn.
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 am

Claudius also approaches the buildings to aid in the search, his great sword in his hands.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Cotton » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 am

The five huts have symbols carved into the roughly made doors, those who are familiar with the worship of Mitra recognize them as protective wards. Inside of them are crude furniture, and in the hut that is more or less in the middle of the cluster of buildings there is another one of these wards crafted from string and fish bones lying on the tiny table. It looks like it was intended to be worn as a necklace. Behind this hut is a small graveyard with wooden headstones, they lack any kind of writing however since the villagers were most likely illiterate.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:39 am

"The villagers show a distinct lack of faith," says Claudius. "They had protective wards here, yet they abandoned them. Why did they not believe Mitra would protect them?" He picks up the ward on the table and puts it around his neck.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:44 am

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi snorts at Claudius' comment.

"Well, perhaps they had faith a plenty, but these symbols were not enough to protect them from... whatever it was that came here."

Anakunaisi checks the graves. How old they are? Are there any new ones?
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Previous

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom