IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:53 am

Image

Claudius has no idea what the talisman is for, so he brings it over to where the prisoner is being interrogated. "Do any of you know anything about this?" he asks. "Ask the captive, he may know."

Spoiler:
Occult roll (5% base skill) about the talisman:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
48
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi too takes a look at the peculiar amulet.

Occult 25%
evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
17
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:51 am

The wounded man looks at Fenn with disgust, "Some vain warlord who wants to be more than he is. I never met him but Carnas and some of the others talked about him. Just another scofflaw with delusions of greatness."

Anakunaisi recognizes the amulet in Claudius' hand immediately. He has seen sailors and fishermen from Shem wear it for protection while out on the water, and knows that the image on it is of one of the Shemitish gods, Dagon.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Anakunaisi

"That's Dagon, petty god of the Shem," he says to Claudius. "Worn mostly by sailors. Or by marauders who kill sailors."

"And what about the night raids you talked about? Who attacked you?" Anakunaisi keeps pressuring the captive. The others might notice that the Turanian (Anakunaisi, that is) takes some bitter satisfaction in this act of interrogation and torture.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:54 am

Image

"Or by mercenaries who kill marauders who kill sailors," says Claudius, examining the amulet. "This one looks ancient, though, and very valuable. I wonder if it has magic in it?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:11 am

The captive scowls at Anakunaisi, but says nothing. Evidently he has grown tired of answering questions.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 am

Anakunaisi

"If you answer, I give you quick death. If you don't - well, you can enjoy the sensation of the coyotes eating you alive."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Wruter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:53 pm

"I say we let him go to carry word that we are not to be trifled with," Fenn puts in. "The sooner we reach the keep and its treasures the better."
User avatar
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Anakunaisi

"The state he is in, he can carry the word to the closest hyena den. Or the nest of the vultures," Anakunaisi snarls. He is clearly fixated on the local wildlife.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:26 am

Image

"He may have useful knowledge of the local area," says Claudius. "If he will not talk, however, then he is of no further use, save to feed the scavengers."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Anakunaisi

"I'm asking for the last time: who attacked your gang?"

If the captive doesn't answer, Anakunaisi kicks him in the ribs and leaves him on the groung. He then searches any unlooted bodies and gathers his stuff, gets ready to continue their journey.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 am

OOC:   Make either a fast talk or persuade roll for me.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Anakunaisi
Fast Talk 40%

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
53
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:08 am

The captive refuses to respond once again. If left alone he will crawl off away from the clearing as he is too weak to walk on his own.

OOC:   Anakunaisi and Fenn can both give me a spot hidden roll if they choose to loot bodies before the scouting party moves on.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:22 am

Anakunaisi
Spot Hidden 50%

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
82


Out of spite for not getting any more useful information, Anakunaisi cuts the man's tendons.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Wruter » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:20 pm

OOC:   Spot Hidden 50%
Wruter rolled 1d100:
97
 


Fenn is too distracted to glean anything further from the bandits and prepares to continue traveling.
User avatar
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:14 am

Arethus has the young ambusher that Fenn spoke with bound, gagged, and put on his horse. The one Anakunaisi injured is left to die. Arethus orders everyone to ready up, and the scouting party moves on. A couple hours pass and the skull ornamented trees become less and less frequent. A short while after passing the last gruesomely decorated plant, the group spots what appears to be an abandoned village. The handful of huts are cold and weather beaten, but at least the foliage is not as thick here and the ground is mostly dry. Arethus calls the mercenaries together and says, "The sun will set soon, and I have no wish to continue slogging through this wretched marsh in the dark. It seems to me this could be a good place to set up camp if we are cautious, but its a poor leader that doesn't at least take the ideas of his men into account. What do you all think? Check it out or keep moving?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:23 am

Image

"I think we should investigate the village," says Claudius. "There could be another band of raiders holed up there with the same idea, and we don't want to risk leaving an enemy at our backs."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29876
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 am

Anakunaisi

"We need to look for a defensible spot, and survey access and exit points."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Wruter » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Fenn pulls the gag off the captive ambusher. "Know anything about this place, dog?"
User avatar
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm
Location: MCR

PreviousNext

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest