IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:53 am

Image

Claudius has no idea what the talisman is for, so he brings it over to where the prisoner is being interrogated. "Do any of you know anything about this?" he asks. "Ask the captive, he may know."

Spoiler:
Occult roll (5% base skill) about the talisman:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
48
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi too takes a look at the peculiar amulet.

Occult 25%
evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
17
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:51 am

The wounded man looks at Fenn with disgust, "Some vain warlord who wants to be more than he is. I never met him but Carnas and some of the others talked about him. Just another scofflaw with delusions of greatness."

Anakunaisi recognizes the amulet in Claudius' hand immediately. He has seen sailors and fishermen from Shem wear it for protection while out on the water, and knows that the image on it is of one of the Shemitish gods, Dagon.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:15 pm

Anakunaisi

"That's Dagon, petty god of the Shem," he says to Claudius. "Worn mostly by sailors. Or by marauders who kill sailors."

"And what about the night raids you talked about? Who attacked you?" Anakunaisi keeps pressuring the captive. The others might notice that the Turanian (Anakunaisi, that is) takes some bitter satisfaction in this act of interrogation and torture.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:54 am

Image

"Or by mercenaries who kill marauders who kill sailors," says Claudius, examining the amulet. "This one looks ancient, though, and very valuable. I wonder if it has magic in it?"
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:11 am

The captive scowls at Anakunaisi, but says nothing. Evidently he has grown tired of answering questions.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:57 am

Anakunaisi

"If you answer, I give you quick death. If you don't - well, you can enjoy the sensation of the coyotes eating you alive."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Wruter » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:53 pm

"I say we let him go to carry word that we are not to be trifled with," Fenn puts in. "The sooner we reach the keep and its treasures the better."
Wruter
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 882
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Anakunaisi

"The state he is in, he can carry the word to the closest hyena den. Or the nest of the vultures," Anakunaisi snarls. He is clearly fixated on the local wildlife.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:26 am

Image

"He may have useful knowledge of the local area," says Claudius. "If he will not talk, however, then he is of no further use, save to feed the scavengers."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
User avatar
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 29613
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:44 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Anakunaisi

"I'm asking for the last time: who attacked your gang?"

If the captive doesn't answer, Anakunaisi kicks him in the ribs and leaves him on the groung. He then searches any unlooted bodies and gathers his stuff, gets ready to continue their journey.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: IC

Postby Cotton » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 am

OOC:   Make either a fast talk or persuade roll for me.  
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:18 am

Re: IC

Postby evil_scientist » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Anakunaisi
Fast Talk 40%

evil_scientist rolled 1d100:
53
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
User avatar
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:13 pm

Previous

Return to Expedition into the Border Kingdom

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest