IC

In the years after the oceans drank Atlantis, and long before the brothers Romulus and Remus founded their great city, there was the age of Hyboria. A time lost to history, a time of savage swords and strange sorcery...

Moderator: Cotton

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: IC

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

If there is a chance, Anakunaisi shoots a second arrow into the advancing highwayman.

Bow 50%
[dice]0[/dice]
Damage + Bonus damage
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

OOC:   Short Sword 60%[dice]0[/dice]  
Fenn swiftly parries the blow and strikes again.
OOC:   Short Sword 60%[dice]1[/dice]  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Having no compunction about striking an enemy when he's down, Claudius points the blade of his great sword downwards and drives it into the crossbowman's chest with all his might, penetrating his foe's armor.
OOC,Damage to crossowman: [dice]0[/dice]+[dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Cotton »

The bandit's shield is too slow, and Anakunaisi's arrow catches him in chest. He takes another couple steps before slumping to the ground dead.
Spoiler:
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]-shield  
Claudius drives his great sword into the torso of the prone crossbowman. The man struggles briefly, coughing up flecks of deep red into his orange beard before expiring.

The bandit leaps backwards to avoid Fenn's slash. Looking to Fenn's side the man grows pale, and drops his short sword and shield and raises his hands in surrender. Looking over Fenn sees that Arethus and the other Brythunian have handily dispatched the other ambusher and were in the process of rounding on this last foe.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Before Arethus reaches them Fenn steps forward and presses the point of his sword to the man's throat, speaking in a low voice. "Who are you? Why did you attack us?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius lets Fenn do the talking, settling for glaring menacingly at the prisoner while hefting his bloody sword.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

If there are no more active ambushers, Anakunaisi walks over to the dead body and searches it.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

The young bandit begins to babble in Brythunian: “Please sir don’t kill me. I can not speak that tongue but you an’ he look like my countrymen. Please sir! They say the gods are kind to the merciful. Times are hard sir. My brother, he said that this was the only way we could make enough coin. Please, if you let me leave this clearing I’ll never make this mistake again.”

Looking around Fenn, Claudius, Arethus, and the other Brythunian mercenary see that, with the exception of a only a couple, the ambushers were mostly young and scrawny. In fact, the surrendering outlaw and his deceased brother, who looked close enough to him to perhaps be his twin, are barely old enough to be called men.

Surveying the carnage, Anakunaisi sees that fully a dozen of the marauders lay dead, and that three of the Nemedian footmen, the Corinthian, and the Hyrkanian were slain as well. While picking through the bodies looking for what little coins were hidden on them, he spots one of the men he shot earlier attempting to crawl away with bright splotches of blood trailing him.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

"Pah! Nothing but a rabble of beggar children and thieves." Fenn lowers his sword and turns away to tend to his injuries.
OOC:   First Aid 30%[dice]0[/dice]  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Unable to understand Brythunian, Claudius goes to do what he can to help the wounded, though Fenn's injury is beyond his meager skills in making battlefield dressings. He is much better at inflicting damage than at repairing it. "That was a good fight," he says. "I killed three of them, two with a single arrow each. Even I didn't know I was such a good shot. Mitra must have blessed me."
OOC,First Aid roll (30% base skill) trying to treat [b]Fenn[/b]'s wound: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi

Anakunaisi unsheathes his knife, walks up to the wounded marauder, and puts his feet on his back, pinning him to the ground.

"Speak, dog. Who is your leader?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Paulus approaches Fen and Claudius, and says: "You boys handled yourselves well enough in that fight. That's good, we might just live through this yet." He takes a swig from his flask. "I can take a look at that wound if you like. You don't get as far as I have not knowing how to bandage yourself up."

The man grunts in pain, but doesn't try to struggle free from Anakunaisi. "We followed a man named Carnas Ealtach. He said he'd make us all rich. He said we'd be the new lords. I saw the son of a whore fleeing." He makes a wheezing sound that might be a laugh. "I heard there's a bounty on his head in the civilized parts. Hope you bastards are here to kill him."
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

"It is but a small knock," Fenn replies to Paulus but subjects himself to be bandaged anyway.
OOC:   I still have 10 HP remaining so it's not too bad.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," Claudius says to Paulus. "I'll see if the arrows I fired are still intact, and salvage what I can from the enemy." He goes over to the bodies of the men he shot to examine his handiwork and get whatever arrows he can.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Cotton wrote:The man grunts in pain, but doesn't try to struggle free from Anakunaisi. "We followed a man named Carnas Ealtach. He said he'd make us all rich. He said we'd be the new lords. I saw the son of a whore fleeing." He makes a wheezing sound that might be a laugh. "I heard there's a bounty on his head in the civilized parts. Hope you bastards are here to kill him."
Anakunaisi pushes his feet stronger against the man's back.

"I'm no interested in the bounty's of those civilized parts... But I am gonna kill that dog all right. Carnas Ealtach. Tell me more, who is he? Where is his place?"
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Paulus cleans and bandages Fenn's wound with more ease and deftness than Fenn would have expected from the older man. "There you are son, now I've got others to look after," Paulus says before departing.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]-Paulus First Aid 60%
[dice]1[/dice]
Claudius finds and is able to retrieve a couple of his arrows as well as grab some from the quivers of the enemy archers. He finds that the weapons of these outlaws are of good quality and are almost certainly stolen.
Spoiler:
You can give me a spot hidden roll while looting the bodies.
As Anakunaisi presses harder into the marauder's back, he is forced to take a moment to catch his breath before he can answer. "I know that Carnas is from a tiny village around here, but not much else. He planned the attacks on merchant caravans, and was charming and mean enough to keep all us cutthroats from killing each other. Why would I ask more when the money was good and kept coming? I know he hates that would-be-king though, thats why he had us do up all the trees in this area with the skulls. Keep that lot out. As for our camp, well we kept moving around, wouldn't do to have the merchants get wise as to what roads to avoid."
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Anakunaisi continues the interrogation.
"Are there any more ambushes set up along the road?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius finds something else of interest in his search.
OOC,Spot Hidden roll (55% skill) searching the bodies: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cotton »

Anakunaisi:
The man responds, "Not from us. Not enough of us left for that. First the night raids, now you lot. By the gods this hurts. Either kill me and get it over with or let me crawl off into the woods to lick my wounds or die."

Claudius finds a talisman that looks to be very old and very expensive. It is inscribed with a creature whose top half is a bearded, helmet wearing man, and whose bottom half resembles that of a fish.
Spoiler:
OOC:   Mr. Handy, you can give me an occult role to see if Claudius recognizes this.  
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Listening to Anakunaisi's interrogation of the man, Fenn interjects. "Wait, who is this 'would-be king' you mention that Carnas hates?"

Return to “Expedition into the Border Kingdom”