Page 1 of 1

Lafontaine University

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 pm
by leestriter
Sarah Thomas and Michael Kowalski are here at the University, trying to rest to heal some of the physical and mental damage when they get the call from the new agents.

Re: Lafontaine University

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:32 am
by Mr. Handy

"I'm not in the best of shape," says Mike, "but I'll do what I can. I want revenge on these things more than anyone. I want a weapon this time, though." He is reluctant to trust Sarah after her earlier craziness, but he knows he has to work with her. There is nobody else, and maybe her madness will be useful.

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:24 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah asks one of the hospital staff for directions to the dorm room.

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:14 am
by leestriter
"It is a short walk across the campus, past the other academic buildings and the student center. Its hard to miss, the brick eyesore. You'd normally need a keycard linked to the dorm but lots of kids just knock on the door and the poor bastards who live next to it let them in" says Dr. Beller.

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:39 am
by Mr. Handy

"Can I get a gun somewhere?" asks Mike. "I don't care to tangle with one of those things unarmed again, not after what happened last time."

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:42 am
by Zeppo
Sarah nods and heads off across the campus in the direction indicated, her chainsaw, smattered with dried blood, dangling by her side. When she reaches the dorm building she gives the door a heavy shove in case it's been left ajar.

Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:43 pm
by leestriter
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]Luck at 50, door ajar
Sarah isn't so lucky, the door is locked. She can hear music from inside.

Dr. Beller hands Mike a scalpel. "I'm afraid that's all I have, the campus security should at least have a taser and pepper spray, I can call the officer on duty."

Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks," says Mike, taking the scalpel, which is better than nothing. "Have the officer meet us there." He hurries after Sarah.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:04 am
by leestriter
Mike catches up to Sarah. The door is locked, but you could probably force the doors apart.

Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:44 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah revs her chainsaw and attempts to cut the door from its hinges.
"Stand back, Mike," she mutters.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy

While Mike thinks there are better ways to force the doors open, he's not going to argue with her. He stays back.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:40 am
by leestriter
The glass shatters on contact with the chainsaw, and one half of the glass door is now gone. The agents can easily enter and exit. Someone is yelling, "What was that?" from a nearby room.

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:40 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah runs down the corridor to the room given and (assuming she finds it) hammers on the door with her fist.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike hurries after Sarah, though he stays out of chainsaw range in case of wild swings.

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:19 pm
by leestriter
Room 515 is on the fifth floor of the dorm. The staircase has a few students who are too shocked at Sarah's bloody chainsaw to do anything. The fifth floor is a sight to behold. A Caligulaesque party is taking place. Men take shots off of naked women, there are people screwing all around. The smell of burning tobacco and weed is in the air, and some people are doing lines. The music is deafening, all surrounding. Most of the kids who see Sarah panic and run, except those who are too inebriated or unconscious. There is pandemonium, some of the people on the ground are getting trampled as all the intoxicated students try to flee into the other unsuspecting party goers who couldn't hear the screams over the music. At least one person looks absolutely mangled, a naked body with limbs bent in freakish unnatural ways, his face blank. Blood is all on the floor.

Even with all this most people can't hear over that deafening club music, so no one has left the rooms. The targets should still be inside.
OOC:   San Check: Violence 0/1d3 for Mike, 1/1d6 for Sarah (extra for causing the panic)  

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:44 am
by Mr. Handy

"I haven't been to college in a long time," says Mike, "but it was nothing like this when I did." He examines the body to see if there are any signs of infection.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 63) for seeing the corpse: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:47 am
by leestriter
There's no yellow liquid or any signs of a seeder organ in his throat.

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:52 pm
by Zeppo
Spoiler:
Dice Rolls,
Sanity of 35, rolled 60
http://orokos.com/roll/573211

Sanity loss 3
http://orokos.com/roll/573212

Sanity check for paranoia
Rolled 47
http://orokos.com/roll/573213
"They all fled from here in a hurry. In fact they couldn't get out fast enough," says Sarah as she turns of the stereo.
She gestures towards some of the revellers passed out drunk in a heap. "Some of them are probably infected, we'd better finish them off to make sure.".

Sarah readies her chainsaw.

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"Don't do that!" says Mike quickly. "It's easy enough to check. Someone who's infected would have yellow liquid, and you'd be able to see the seeder in their throats. Look at the dead guy. He doesn't have any traces of infection. You can't just carve everyone up or...you'll run out of fuel!"

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah eyes Mike suspiciously.
"Ok", she says, eventually.

She tries the handle of the first of the rooms.

Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:36 am
by leestriter
The door would normally lock automatically, but the students have filled the hole with tissue so the door never latches. The couple in the common room scream at the sight of Sarah, the man brandishes a nearby lamp while the woman simply covers herself. They're screaming bloody murder, and the door suddenly flings open to room 515. It swung out toward Sarah so she and Mike cannot see inside, but someone is on the way out of the room.

Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Who's there?" calls Mike.

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 pm
by leestriter
"Please, I'm Tilda and my friend Melody is here, please just let us leave, I don't know whats going on we're just a couple of kids"

There is another sound in the background, like someone gagging.

Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"Nobody's going anywhere," says Mike. "Something's wrong with Chad in there, and we need to help him. Now back up into the room. My friend here is a little high-strung, and you don't want to get on her bad side."

Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:35 am
by leestriter
"Noth-nothing's wrong. Just come in and see, please just keep her away from us"

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:15 am
by Mr. Handy

"Hey, I can't control her," says Mike. "If I were you, I'd back well away from the door."

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 am
by Zeppo
Sarah glares impatiently at the girls to move aside.

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:41 pm
by leestriter
The agents still can't see into the room unless they move further into the hall past the door, or grab the door and open it the rest of the way.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike glances at Sarah. "Be ready for anything," he whispers. Then he pulls the door open the rest of the way, his scalpel behind his back in his free hand.

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 am
by leestriter
Through the doorway you can see one of the girls, Tilda Hastings, standing there nude near the wall. She rushes at Mike when she sees him, the four pronged worm erupting out of her face. She tries to jab her head into Mike but he steps out of the way.

A man is bent over at the other side of the room, he seems to be gagging and choking and coughing up a yellow liquid.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]Seeder Stab 40

Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike knows what to expect. While he's terrified, his instincts operate perfectly. No sooner has he dodged the Seeder than he has grabbed hold of it and pulled it out of Tilda's mouth while keeping it at bay.
OOC,Unarmed Combat roll (80% skill) to grab the Seeder: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:23 am
by leestriter
Tilda falls to the ground unconscious. Melody comes barreling out of the room, seeder coming from her mouth. She attempts to stab Sarah, but trips and falls face first into the ground.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] seeder stab at 40

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:35 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Can I try to grab the other seeder while still holding this one? If not, can I simply kill the one I'm holding?

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:18 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
You can kill the one you are holding without using an action, I'd say it would be difficult to grab the new seeder while everything is going on, the last one was a crit so it happened but you'd need one of you to restrain her while you pull it out

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:18 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike kills the seeder he holds effortlessly and then restrains Melody from behind. "Grab that thing out of her mouth!" he calls to Sarah.
OOC,Unarmed Combat roll (80% skill) to restrain [b]Melody[/b]: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:53 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah gropes for the squirming creature
Spoiler:
Unarmed Combat
Skill 40, rolled 63
http://orokos.com/roll/579722

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:46 am
by leestriter
Melody attempts to escape Mike's grasp, but he has a firm hold on her.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Unarmed combat 40

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike maintains his hold. "Keep trying!" he calls. "Pull it out and then kill it!"

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:00 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah grabs for the creature again but if anything she's just choking the girl while trying to help her.
Spoiler:
Unarmed combat,
Skill 40 rolled 97
http://orokos.com/roll/580274

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:47 am
by leestriter
Melody suddenly switches tactics. Instead of trying to escape, she attempts to turn so she is facing Mike but he has too strong a hold.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] 50 Dex check

Posted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:14 am
by Mr. Handy

"Again!" calls Mike, maintaining his hold.

Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 am
by Zeppo
Sarah continues to bang ineffectually on the back of Melody's head
Spoiler:
Unarmed combat,
Skill of 40 rolled 88
http://orokos.com/roll/580582

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
Zeppo 88 is a crit fail in delta green
Sarah slipped in the yellow blood from the dead seeder worm and falls head first next to Melody. She has only a moment to think before Melody's eyes roll back and the whole worm comes squirming out of her with a surprising agility, but the engorged monstrosity has trouble fitting its whole bulk in quickly.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]Dex 30

The campus security guard arrives on the scene. He is a large and out of breath man, wielding a taser. He sees the half of the worm still sticking out of Sarah and seems terrified.

Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy

"Quick, grab that thing!" calls Mike to the guard as he lunges for the seeder, but he is a little too slow. "Get it out of her!"
OOC,Unarmed Combat roll (80% skill) trying to grab the seeder: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:25 am
by Zeppo
Finally Sarah manages to get a firm grasp on the creature
Spoiler:
Unarmed combat,
Skill of 40 rolled 22
http://orokos.com/roll/585918

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:27 am
by leestriter
Sarah manages to grab the back end of the squirming worm and pin the creature down. It struggles but isn't strong enough to get free. The campus security guard looks frightened and his taser at the ready.

"What happened here, what the hell is that, did you do this to them, why did you break in with a chainsaw?" the guard is speaking rapidly, full of questions. He is freaking out. Mike's phone begins to ring, it's Rosa.

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:24 am
by Mr. Handy

"Calm down," says Mike, "everything's under control now." He answers the phone and is glad to hear Rosa's voice. "Two parasites have been eliminated, but there's someone in the room who may need help." He peeks into the dorm room.

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:57 pm
by leestriter
Chad is laying there unconscious, but you can see movement inside his throat.

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:02 pm
by Zeppo
OOC:   Is the parasite Sarah is holding dead now? If not is there somewhere it can be contained?  

Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:25 pm
by Mr. Handy

"One of them must be in his throat!" calls Mike. He hurries over to Chad and applies the Heimlich maneuver to try to dislodge it.

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:38 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
Make a strength x5 check

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike squeezes with all his might.
OOC,STR x 5 roll (50% stat) to do the Heimlich maneuver: [dice]0[/dice]