Utilities Manager's Office

Lafontaine, Missouri, is paralyzed by an ice storm. Delta Green has received a silent alarm from a storage unit in the city and needs eyes on the ground. (Content warning: body horror and sexual violence.)

Moderator: leestriter

leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Re: Utilities Manager's Office

Post by leestriter »

Image The results of the xray are a San check (1/1d4) for anyone who sees them. Some kind of fetus appears to be gestating inside of Mike's abdomen near one of the stab wounds. It has grown a tremendous amount since he was stabbed. In a day or so the size of it will crush his internal organs, if the constant drain on his body to grow this thing doesn't kill him first. The tissue of the creature is different and easier to see on the xray, Agent Scott can make out a connection between the fetus and Mike's spinal cord.

Deputy Filagree is shocked, "Now, things have gone too far here Agent Scott. If you don't tell me how you ended up operating on a pregnant man in the dead of night I swear to god I'll have the sheriff in here."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott
SAN,Sanity 46: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/546110]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]45[/b] Lose 1 SAN now 45.
Brian looks at the x-ray in horror. How must Mike feel having that growing inside him?

"There's some kind of outbreak going on. A parasite, a worm, bites and this thing develops inside a person. It grows and develops into some weird ape-like creature. One attacked us on the way here. I need to remove this thing at once, so please get Dr. Beller for me."

Brian pauses. "Tell your chief about this, in fact I want him here. This thing is going to spiral out of control unless we use every resource to combat it. You'd better get moving Fillagree."
Last edited by HoneyDog on Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Get this damn thing outta me!" says Mike through gritted teeth. "When Sarah gets here, have her put those...specimens on ice as soon as possible. We don't want them getting loose."
OOC,You only lose 1D4 Sanity if you fail the Sanity roll, which you never actually rolled. If you pass it, you just lose 1 Sanity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott

"I'm afraid there's enough of them on the loose already, but I take your point. Let's get you ready."

He begins to prep for surgery.
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Deputy Filagree goes ahead and calls the sheriff, at first he thinks it is some sort of joke until he hears how many people are injured and that this is what killed the John Doe. The sheriff wants to meet with Agent Scott. The John Doe case is assigned additional personnel, the plan right now is to go door to door in the area the body was found, but the sheriff wants to check with Agent Scott before he puts his men at risk.

Dr. Beller attempts to assist Agent Scott operating on Mike.
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]Medicine at 60, success lends 10 point bonus to Agent Scott's medicine for this surgery  
Dr. Beller gathers together anesthetic, gloves, and other surgical tools for Agent Scott. He assist as a nurse.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thanks, Doc," says Mike before he is put under anesthetic. "If I don't make it...tell my wife and daughter I love them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Brian gets to work. Unfortunately, removing the creature from Mike might prove too difficult...
Medicine,Medicine 60: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/546214]Medicine[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]70[/b]
Zeppo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by Zeppo »

OOC:   With the bonus from Doctor Beller that's just enough to pass.  
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Agent Scott has managed to open up the chest cavity and expose the creature beneath. He now has to decide about the connection between the creature and Mike's spinal cord. If he removes it close to the creature he could remove it now, but if he wants to totally remove it from the spinal cord it will be a more advanced procedure where any problems could leave Mike crippled for life.
OOC:   Another roll if you want to remove close to the spine, if you leave the part attached to the spine the surgery is a success without another roll  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Brian decides to try to remove the whole of the creature. There's no telling what may happen if anything is left.
Medicine,Medicine 60:[url=http://orokos.com/roll/546833]Medicine[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]85[/b]
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

OOC:   [dice]0[/dice] Damage to Mike, make another roll to try to fix the mistake. Mr. Handy make the Con x5 roll to avoid permanent injury  
Things are going well, but a slip of the hand at a critical moment risks permanent injury if Agent Scott can't repair the damage in time.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Fortunately, Mike is very resilient and a fast healer.
OOC,CON x 5 roll (55% stat) to avoid permanent injury: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC,Brian has to make another Medicine roll?
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

OOC:   You can try again to get the piece near the spine or close him up  
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Brian does his best to remove everything, but it's just too difficult.
Medicine,Medicine 60: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/546946]Medicine[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]70[/b]
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

OOC:   You made it with the 10 bonus from Dr. Beller actually  
Brian has to work quickly to prevent lasting damage to Mike's spine but Mike's fortitude along with Dr. Beller's advice at a key moment help Brian successfully remove all trace of contamination from Mike.

Mike is still unconscious but can be treated. The sheriff is here to speak to Agent Scott. There is also a call requesting a FEMA administrator to help move people out of the impromptu shelter at Truman Memorial High School.

The fetal creature seems to be squirming, still alive.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Brian is exhausted now but tries to keep on. He confides in Dr. Beller.

"The injured paramedic we brought in still need operating on. He was attacked by the same creature.I can't trust myself to perform an operation like we just did. Is there anyone else who can help?"

He rubs his face. "We need to dissect this parasite too. We have to find a way to combat this infestation. Can you help?"
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

An xray reveals that the paramedic and Skip Mills do not have fetal creatures inside of them.

Analysis of the seeder or phallus creature, made by analyzing the host (More could be learned if he had the creatures from Sarah). The phallus ends in four serrated hypodermic needles made of bone, ringed around a black gill that operates like a stand-in esophagus, piping air and food to the host.Each bone needle is attached to a vein that runs down the length of the wriggling-grayish tube. Two veins suck blood from the victim while the other two inject an orange, recombinant fluid. An alien biological process housed in the blub-like pustule at the base of the phallus rearranges the orange fluid on a cellular level from human blood. This bulb also contains nerve tendrils that integrate with the host’s limbic system.

Dr. Beller theorizes that it is the connection to the limbic system may be the key to waking them up, He tries a cocktail of drugs on Skip Mills.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Dr. Beller Medicine at 60
Skip Mills is starting to flex his hands and look around. If he had one of the creatures to analyze he could improve the formula.

Mike is also slowly waking up,
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott

"We need to find a way to kill these things." he tells Beller.

He goes off to find Fillagree, and to find out what's happened to Sarah.
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Deputy Filagree is talking to the sheriff, a large black man whose uniform identified him as Sheriff Daniels.

"I've got everyone I can spare but I honestly have no idea what we're fighting here. Using Skip Mills address we were able to narrow our search for the John Doe, we have two homes with heat only a few blocks away connected by wooden areas within walking distance of where we found the body. Do you know how we can tell if people are infected?"

Sarah pulled up outside the school earlier.

Return to “Lover in the Ice”