Page 1 of 1

Utilities Manager's Office

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:27 pm
by leestriter
The prefabricated trailer suffices as a base from which sorties can be planned and communications secured. The trailer is isolated, private, and heated. City Utilities is too busy to bother the Agents unless specifically forced to, and the room is equipped with a few foldout tables, a desk, and a computer. If it weren’t for the weird smell and cheesy Seventies wood-grain interior, it would be perfect.

Re: Utilities Manager's Office

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike follows Tanya Cambria into the trailer. "Sounds like the guy may be in seriously bad shape for him not to report in," says Mike. "Has anyone swung by his place to check on his welfare? Where does he live? We could do it."

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:55 pm
by leestriter
"I've never been to his place myself, but I think he left some of his mail in the office that has his address. Its so thoughtful of you guys to worry about him, he gave me the most awful pained stares whenever I brought him something before he went home. I hope he's ok."

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:34 pm
by Zeppo
"I know it's a personal question," says Sarah. "Do you have any idea what Skip was ill with? It might be that we need to deliver medical supplies to him when we visit."

While she talks, Sarah looks around for the office for anything that can be pressed into service as a weapon. Even a sharp pair of scissors would be better than nothing - who knows what mental state this Skip Mills might be in, if he's even still alive.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:42 pm
by Mr. Handy

"So do I," says Mike in response to Tanya. "It's no problem." He looks on Skip's desk for any mail with his address on it.

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:45 pm
by leestriter
"Maybe some kind of eczema? He was always scratching but otherwise he didn't move from that computer all day. Is there anything else I can help you with" She seems uncomfortable talking about Mills. Mike easily finds mail with Skip Mills address, it is a short drive or an hour or two's walk.
Spoiler:
Zeppo make a search roll, Mr. Handy do a alertness

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:44 pm
by Zeppo
"We should take a car from the motor pool and get going," says Sarah.

In her haste she quickly gets distracted from her search.
Search,Search 30: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/538466]Search[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]73[/b]

Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 pm
by leestriter
Sarah does find some ordinary scissors, and amongst a flood of requests for situation reports, Mills sent out a hastily typed memo listing a number of addresses where lines were down. Minutes later, he sent out a second memo urging everyone to ignore a certain address in the previous message. Research shows this is the address to Earl’s Rent-a-Space.

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:42 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yeah, let's take a car," says Mike, too distracted to notice much else. "I'll drive."
OOC,Alertness roll (70% skill) in the trailer: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:11 am
by leestriter
Mike hears a disgusting squelch and feels his foot stick to the floor. A puddle of some sort of white stuff, like mucus....You think this is a puddle of old semen. Skip Mills left his mark on the room before he went home.
Spoiler:
It is going to take some convincing to get them to let you take on of the vehicles, you can either ride along with someone else to somewhere close (potentially having to walk back/wait for someone to be in the area, or persuade someone. Feel free to have some freedom roleplaying that out, but a private vehicle with snow support will take a successful roll of some sort

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Ugh, gross!" groans Mike, wiping his shoe off the best he can on the ground when he gets outside. He tries to requisition a car, but he doesn't have much luck. Unless one of the others can manage it, they may need to hitch a ride with someone else going near Skip's place.
OOC,Persuade roll (70% skill) to try to requisition a ride: [dice]0[/dice] Can I try a Bureaucracy roll, or do I only get to try to roll against one thing?

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:05 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
You can try bureaucracy since there is no time limit. Just come from a bureaucratic standpoint making an official request as a FEMA official

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:53 am
by Zeppo
Sarah looks out at the hive of activity outside the trailer.

"I wouldn't even know where to begin requisitioning a vehicle," she mutters to herself.

"Tanya, any chance someone else is heading in that direction?" Sarah asks.

Bureaucracy,Bureaucracy 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/538574]Bureaucracy[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]72[/b]

Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:24 pm
by Mr. Handy

Mike points out various regulations that say that a welfare check on an employee who does not report in is required, and that too much time has been allowed to go by already, emergency or no emergency. He stresses that it's vital that they get there as soon as possible, rather than taking the extra time to walk, especially if there is a chance that Skip Mills's life is in danger.
OOC,Bureaucracy roll (60% skill) to try to requisition a ride: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:37 am
by leestriter
The agents are given a pickup truck with snow tires. Tanya wishes you the best of luck.

The agents arrive in Skip Mills neighborhood. Nearly all the residences on the block are foreclosed, and those that aren’t are busy recovering from the storm. It a one story home with a car in the driveway. You see a man out of his house across the street working on something.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:28 am
by Zeppo
Sarah hops down from the truck. She tries to covertly see what the man is working on as she approaches.

"Hello, sir," she calls out. "We're looking for a Mr. Mills."

The ranger keeps one hand on the scissors inside her coat pocket as she goes.

Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:03 am
by leestriter
The man seems to be preparing a chainsaw to cut a tree that is blocking his driveway.

"He lives right there" They say pointing at Mill's house. "I'm glad someone's checking on him, haven't seen him or his mom out today or yesterday"

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"When's the last time you saw them?" asks Mike. "Did either of them look sick?"

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:11 am
by leestriter
"Skip looked like he'd been really scratching at his face, but I haven't seen his mother since the storm."

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:45 am
by Zeppo
Sarah thanks the neighbour, walks across the snow to Skip's house and knocks loudly.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:51 pm
by leestriter
A man with terrible scratches down his face comes to the door. Heat floods out the door when he opens it, it has to be at least 90 degrees in there. A rotting smell can be detected faintly as well.

He just cracks the door and looks out. "Yes, yes, is there anything I can do for you? I'm not feeling very well so please make it quick" He scratches at the scabs on his face. The chain is on the door and the man is wearing a robe.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 pm
by Zeppo
"Hello, Mr. Mills. We're here from the TSA. We've been notified that the alarm was triggered at Earl’s Rent-A-Space, unit 0171. When were you last at the facility? And did you notice anything unusual when you were last there?"

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 pm
by leestriter
"I-I-III've never been to the Rent-A-Space, I just monitor-tor the alarm and call if anything happens, but I've been sick since the storm. Please, give me a minute to get dressed."

He disappears back into the house, closing the door behind him.

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:22 pm
by leestriter
Agent Scoot sent a picture of a footprint to Mike's cellphone with instructions to try and match it to any of Mill's footwear, and to interview Mills or search his place before coming to the storage unit.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:06 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

Upon seeing the biohazard symbol, Brian calls Mike.

Mills might have been exposed to something toxic if he was here. If he shows signs of some kind of infection, he needs to stay sequestered. I don’t think it’s contagious, but exercise utmost caution.”

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike answers the phone. "Thanks, we'll make sure he stays home," he says. "And his mother. Apparently, he lives with her. If she's even still alive. There's some sort of rotting smell." He fills in the others and shows them the footprint.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:24 am
by Zeppo
OOC,If we're waiting for more than a few minutes then I'll knock on the door agin

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 pm
by leestriter
There is no response at the door.
Spoiler:
Alertness Checks

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:30 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah stops knocking.

"Do you hear that?" She asks Mike.
Alertness,Alertness 20: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/539580]Alertness[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]2[/b]

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:57 am
by leestriter
For Sarah:
Spoiler:
Sarah hears someone opening the window at the side of the house by the driveway and the thud of them hitting the ground after presumably climbing out

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike nods.
OOC,Alertness roll (70% skill) outside the house: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:02 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah sprints round to the side of the house, ready to tackle the person if they're fleeing.

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 pm
by leestriter
Sarah sees Skip Mills trying to get into his car.
Spoiler:
Would tackling be an unarmed combat roll? I feel like it would

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:06 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah lunges for skip but slips on the ice as she does so.
Unarmed Combat,Unarmed Combat 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/539810]Unarmed Combat[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]90[/b]

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 pm
by leestriter
Sarah cuts her face on a bit of glass lying around. Skip stops what he's doing, just staring at the cut. He gets visibly aroused, rubbing his crotch. Suddenly, he sprays vomit and four needles made of bone are sticking out from his open mouth, attached to some sort of wriggling mass of flesh within his bulging throat. He goes at Sarah like some sort of deranged woodpecker trying to stab her with his face.

[Spoiler-Button]Seeder Stab at 40%[dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:35 pm
by leestriter
Skip Mills misses, also tripping on the ice.
Spoiler:
Anyone seeing Skip in this new form do a San Check 1/1d4 Unnatural.

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:22 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah screams hysterically at Mike for help and stabs at the... creature that was Skip Mills, but fails to land a significant blow.
Sanity,Sanity 48: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/539838]Sanity[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]73[/b]
Sanity Loss,Sanity Loss: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/539839]Sanity Loss[/url]: [u]1d4[/u] [b]4[/b]
Unarmed Combat,Unarmed Combat 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/539840]Unarmed Combat[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]82[/b]

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy

Wishing he had a gun, Mike comes barreling into the creature, using the slippery ice to add to his momentum. His self-defense training comes back, and he delivers a hefty belt to the thing. "It's a damned strigoi!" he exclaims.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 70) for seeing the creature: [dice]2[/dice] Sanity loss for seeing the creature: [dice]3[/dice] Unarmed Combat roll (80% skill) attacking the creature: [dice]0[/dice] Damage to creature: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:04 am
by leestriter
Skip Mills tries to grab onto Mike to keep his balance and attempts to woodpecker stab him.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] 40 seeder stab

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:08 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
Damage to Mike[dice]0[/dice] Do a San Check against Violence 0/d4 for being stabbed.
Mike feels light-headed and a stinging sensation as a cold liquid enters his body where Skip Mills stabbed him.

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:28 am
by Zeppo
Sarah stabs wildly at the thing but misses again.
Unarmed Combat,Unarmed Combat 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/539952]Unarmed Combat[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]91[/b]
Sanity,Sanity 48: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/539953]Sanity[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]45[/b]

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike howls in agony. "Get to the truck!" he yells, delivering a mean right cross straight to the monster's head.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 66) for being stabbed: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss for being stabbed: [dice]2[/dice] Unarmed Combat roll (80% skill) attacking the creature, round 2: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to creature from Unarmed Combat: [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:09 am
by leestriter
The pain only seems to increase Skip Mills determination. He goes in for another peck at Mike, draining and injecting fluid. The man across the street is screaming.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Skill at 40

Damage [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:32 am
by Zeppo
Sarah dashes across the street and grabs the chainsaw from the gawping neighour.

"I'm going to need this, sir," Sarah says. "Park Ranger business."

She rushes back, struggling to get the motor started.
Chainsaw,Melee Combat of 30,http://orokos.com/roll/540108 Rolls 80
"Help me with this, Mike," she screams.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:34 am
by Zeppo
While she struggles with the weapon, Sarah notices something about the creature's strange physiology that might be useful in combat.
Zoology,zoology at 60, http://orokos.com/roll/540109 rolls 28

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:00 pm
by leestriter
Sarah notices that the wormlike creature in Skip's neck might be weaker then the rest of him, it could be pulled out or maybe a hit to the neck would stun it. Mike is unconscious on the ground, Skip is leaning down next to him with those needles sticking inside of him. He is ignoring Sarah for now.

Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:23 pm
by Zeppo
Trying to stay calm despite her revulsion, Sarah reaches down and tries to pull the wormlike creature from Skip's neck.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:50 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Sarah has unarmed at 40.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:51 am
by leestriter
Sarah comes up from behind the distracted Skip Mills, then grabs at two of the four prongs and yanks with all her might. A footlong worm is now writhing in her hands, desperately trying to fling itself into her mouth. Skip Mills falls to the side, unconscious but alive.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:01 am
by HoneyDog
Brian jumps out of the cruiser and runs to Sarah. Grabbing the worm too, he shouts “Get it on the ground!”

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:59 am
by Zeppo
Sarah does her best to wrestle the worm to the ground with Brian.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:51 pm
by leestriter
With the strength of two people you easily wrestle the worm to the ground.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:21 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah throws a pile of snow on top of the worm.

"I don't think this thing likes the cold," she says. She looks over at the doctor. "I'll make sure it doesn't get away, go and help Mike!"

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 pm
by leestriter
The seeder (worm) struggles for a bit but slowly becomes more lethargic in the snow. As it calms, a shrill pained yelp seems to rise up from the distance, growing so loud you can barely hear anything else. Agent Scott may recognize the clicking insect noises mixed with the calls of some ape.

Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:22 pm
by leestriter
Spoiler:
Scott needs to make san checks for seeing the seeder 0/1d4 unnatural and 0/1d4 helplessness for Mike getting serious injured. Sarah needs to do the helplessness one for Mike. Sarah also has to make a roll to see if she has an episode of her disorder, paranoia. All three of you make the San check to see if you establish bonds with each other. Failure means bonding with teammates at half CHA and 1d4 damage to a non delta green bond. Mike must make a 0/1d6 San check(Violence) for almost dying
Everyone read

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike looks remarkably at peace, having accepted whatever fate has in store for him.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 63) for almost dying: [dice]0[/dice] Since I've survived after all, it might not be necessary for me to create a new character, so I'll hold off on that (at least for now). I should get some HP back from medical treatment.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:28 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

Having read about the worm previously, its appearance does not shock Brian too much.
SAN,SAN for seeing the worm: SAN 47: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/540534]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]31[/b]
Mike looks like he's in a bad way though. He needs help.
SAN,SAN for seeing Mike: SAN 47: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/540535]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]44[/b]
He's deathly worried though about the team and the rest of the town. There's bound to be more of these things. They need to find a way to defeat them.
SAN,SAN for team bonding: SAN 47: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/540536]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]46[/b]
“Don’t let that thing out of your sight” he commands Sarah. “We need to find something to put it in.”

He goes to help Mike.
Medicine,Medicine 60: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/540539]Medicine[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]19[/b]

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:28 am
by Zeppo
Sanity rolls,rolls Helplessness - 97 http://orokos.com/roll/540554 Sanity Loss = 4 http://orokos.com/roll/540557 Paranoia Roll = 10 http://orokos.com/roll/540558 Bonding Roll = 62 http://orokos.com/roll/540559 Loses 3 bond with Esther Thomas http://orokos.com/roll/540560

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
Agent Scott would be performing first aid, not medicine, but you have the same stat for each so it doesn't really matter [dice]0[/dice] added to Mike's 1 hp. Also I need the bonding san check for Mike. Also Con x5 check for mike to see if there is permanent injury
Agent Scott has Mike patched up and he seems to have stopped the bleeding, but he should seek care at a hospital sooner rather then later. The wounds from Skip Mills burn and feel like they're expanding.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:30 am
by HoneyDog
Brian looks around for a suitable container for the worm, but can’t see anything.
Search,Search 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/540566]Search[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]70[/b]
He goes back to where Sarah has the worm.

Mike will be okay but we need to get him to a hospital. Go look for something to put this damn thing in, and make sure it’s strong!”

He gets on the radio and calls Deputy Fillagree to request an ambulance.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:37 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
What did Agent Scott do with the stuff from the green box, I'm assuming he closed the box back up and left it there?
Deputy Filagree answers, "Somebody already called about a violent assault out there and there are officers and medical personnel en route. Now, what the hell is going on here Agent Scott? How'd you manage to get yourself involved in an assault case? Does this have to do with our John Doe in the freezer here?"

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:46 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,He left it there I guess after closing it up again. I've no idea about how big the dimensions of the box are and whether all the stuff is easily transportable - it seemed like too much for one person.
Brian knows they need Fillagree’s help.

“Yes it does. I’ll explain more when I see you. What’s the situation there?”

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:05 pm
by Zeppo
"What have you managed to find out so far?" Sarah asks. "I hope you've had more luck than us. Mills turned into that thing before we managed to question him. I think Mike called it a 'Strogoi', if that means anything to you? Do you think it's worth searching the house?"
OOC:   OOC, I don't mind if you want to fill me in on what's happened in character or point me towards some reading in the other thread.  

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:17 pm
by leestriter
Spoiler:
The box was just a standard storage unit, the containers just normal plastic tubs and nothing was too large, possible for one person to move but not easily
Scott

"There hasn't been much action with the stiff. Heard some sort of animal outside, and I can tell you I've never heard anything like that before. What's really going on, Agent Scott? I feel like I could be more useful doing something other then guarding a dead guy."

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike gradually comes to his senses. "Thanks, Doc," he mumbles. "Thought I was a goner. Still hurts like hell where that thing bit me...I'm not gonna turn into one of them, am I? We need to make sure I'm not infected or something. Sarah, are you okay?" He collects his thoughts. "It wasn't really a strigoi. It just reminded me of the TV show The Strain, that Guillermo del Toro project. It features vampire-like creatures called strigoi that have giant worm-things come out of their mouths and bite people. They're not real ...unless del Toro knows something he shouldn't."
OOC,Bonding Sanity roll (current level 63) to bond with teammates: [dice]0[/dice] CON x 5 roll (55% stat) to avoid permanent injury: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:33 am
by Zeppo
"Fine, I think," says Sarah. She touches the cut on her cheek tentatively. She looks visibly relieved to see Mike talk.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

“I want to take that worm apart and see how it works. Get a damn container for it before it wakes up!”
he shouts at Sarah.

On the radio with Fillagree, he says “We’ll be bringing in two casualties. They need to be kept isolated – do you think you can get the university to help out again? I need their facilities. You can meet us there.”

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:41 pm
by Zeppo
Taking the chainsaw with her, Sarah makes her way into Skip's house and looks for a sturdy container for the worm and anything that might serve as a weapon, such as a kitchen knife.

"I wonder what it is Scott doesn't want me to know," Sarah mutters to herself as she searches.

Posted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:04 pm
by leestriter
Sarah:

Those entering find that Mills has turned his home into a sickening tribute to the flesh. The walls are plastered with pornography of every shade, some printed from the Internet and some from purchased magazines. The TVs and computer screens are all transmitting filth. The home reeks of organic decay, and the heat is set as high as it will go. She finds a toolbox in the garage, and the hammer or screwdriver might be usable as a weapon. (She could go to the kitchen and get a knife if you prefer)

Scott:

"The good doctor didn't seem to mind before, I think I can convince him again. You'd better explain what's going on when we get there."

Agent Scott can hear sirens in the distance.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:03 am
by Mr. Handy

"Did you find out anything?" Mike asks Brian.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:23 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

“It’s going to have to wait until we get to the university, the ambulance will be here soon. But suffice to say, you’ve had first-hand experience of what we’re up against. I don’t know exactly what it is, but I fear there might be a lot more of them.”

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:27 am
by Zeppo
Fighting down her impulse to gag, Sarah takes a small kitchen knife, wraps it in a tea towel and pockets it. She picks up the tool box and upends it.

Stepping back outside she places the subdued worm into the toolbox, surrounds it with snow then shuts the lid firmly.

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:50 am
by HoneyDog
Brian breathes a sigh of relief.

“Good work Sarah. We’ll head to the university once the ambulance arrives. I’ll explain what I found on the way.”

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:12 pm
by leestriter
An ambulance and a police cruiser both arrive at the scene. The cop gets out of the cruiser. "What happened to this man? Is anyone else hurt, and who did this to them?" He is indicating to the unconscious Skip Mills and the badly injured Mike. Paramedics are on the scene ready to treat or take people to the hospital.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 am
by HoneyDog
Brian flashes his ID at the cop. “I’m Senior Special Agent Scott of the FBI. The situation is under control and these two are being taken for treatment at the university. If you have any questions check with Deputy Fillagree. I don’t have time to explain things to you.”

He supervises the loading of the two casualties into the ambulance and instructs the paramedics to go to the university.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike says nothing as he is loaded into the ambulance.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:31 am
by leestriter
The cop mutters something to himself but he does what he's told, the paramedics load up Mike and Skip Mills and administer first aid [dice]0[/dice]. You can still smell something rotting inside Skip Mills house.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

“There might be another body in there” says Brian to Sarah. “Let’s quickly check it out and then head to the university”.

“Please wait here” he tells the Deputy.

Before entering the house, he puts the toolbox in the trunk of his borrowed cruiser.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:54 pm
by leestriter
Mills’ mother can be found by localizing the stench wafting through the house. She lies in the bedroom where she was killed. Her remains are barely recognizable, reduced to a hollowed-out husk burst messily all over the room. Even cursory Forensics on the scene recognize the impossibility of the mother’s wounds. The lacerations that splayed out Mrs. Mills appear to have come from inside her. The egg-like hardening of her dermis is also highly unnatural, almost as if she was completely exsanguinated before she exploded. Those with strong stomachs can discover the four-pronged puncture wounds of the Seeder’s needles. Bloody hand prints—they look vaguely primate but are not human—and claw marks track up the walls of Mrs. Mill’s bed, ending in a hole torn through the ceiling. The attic is empty, but the exterior fan has been ripped out and more claw marks lead outside.

Posted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:53 pm
by Zeppo
"If we're lucky we'll be able to find some prints in the snow," says Sarah, heading outside again.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:25 am
by leestriter
Sarah finds prints in the snow, large primatelike prints, but it seems to be dragging something behind it as it moves in leaps, but the tracks stop once it reaches the tree line.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:25 am
by leestriter
Sarah finds prints in the snow, large primatelike prints, but it seems to be dragging something behind it as it moves in leaps, but the tracks stop once it reaches the tree line.
Spoiler:
A quick drive check and Sarah ans Brian will be at the school

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:41 am
by HoneyDog
Brian is appalled by the state of the body. His worst fears are being confirmed.

Sarah, wait a minute” he says as he follows her.

“The worm came from the green box. Skip Mills must have opened it. The murder victim I was ordered to investigate was also killed by the creature. As it bites, it injects a fluid which alters DNA. It’s hard to explain – there’s nothing else like this in nature. The doctor at the university helped with the analysis, which is why I want his help with dissecting this worm. We’ll have to let him and the deputy who’s been helping me in on what’s happening. We don’t have to tell them about Delta Green or who we really are, but I’m afraid there are more of those things out there and we won’t get any help until tomorrow.”

“I think that whatever killed Mrs. Mills is a result of being bitten by the worm. It’s possibly reproducing itself in this way. This is going to spiral out of control unless we find a means to stop it. I really need to get that worm to the university, and I’m worried that about Mike, he was bitten a lot.”

The strain shows in his face.

“If you want to keep hunting this thing here, I won’t stop you, but I have to go”.

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:58 am
by Zeppo
"Okay," says Sarah. "Let's go and talk to the deputy."

Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:05 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

They return to his borrowed cruiser.

"Okay, but you drive. I'm shaking too badly".

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:32 am
by leestriter
Spoiler:
Roll drive

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 am
by Zeppo
Sarah shrugs and gets behind the wheel. But before she's gone fifty yards it's clear that she's in no better shape to drive after her run in with the monster.
Spoiler:
Drive of 20, 1D100 = 98
http://orokos.com/roll/541697

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 am
by HoneyDog
Brian tries to help Sarah with the wheel but the road is too icy.
Drive,Drive 20: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/541491]Drive[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]72[/b]

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:52 pm
by leestriter
Sarah manages to get the cruiser a bit further down the road before it eventually ends up in a ditch on a empty stretch of highway. Luckily the ambulance had stayed close, and is pulled up alongside, and one of the paramedics gets out to evaluate the situation with the vehicle and check for wounds.

Suddenly, Sarah and Brian hear something thrashing against the metal toolbox, and another of those shrill shrieks from the seeder. But this time, there is a deafening high-pitched whine that comes from the woods by the road.
Spoiler:
Con x 5 to see if you are temporarily rendered deaf, if you fail it will be 1d6 number of rounds

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:04 am
by Mr. Handy

The sound is extremely disturbing to Mike, but not deafening.
OOC,CON x 5 roll (55% stat) to not go deaf: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:33 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

The pain in his ears is excruciating. Brian falls to his knees and cries out. He can't hear a thing now.
CON,CON x5 64: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/541883]Constitution[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]93[/b]

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:06 am
by Zeppo
Sarah winces, but the sound doesn't overwhelm her. She picks up the chainsaw in readiness.
Conx5,Con x 5 = 55 1D100 = 49 http://orokos.com/roll/541893

Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:20 am
by Zeppo
OOC:   Is the cop still with us? If so I'll ask them to draw their gun.  

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:31 am
by leestriter
OOC:   He is not. he went on to other calls. Just the agents and the paramedics  
A flash of movement in the trees is all you notice before the beast is on the paramedic. Mike cannot see it from inside the ambulance but Sarah and Agent Scott can see the creature at 1/1d6 san. It stands about as tall as an orangutan but is hairless, covered instead with pallid, leathery grey skin. The head is dominated by a huge circular orifice with concentric rows of teeth used for hooking and sucking in prey. The creature has the basic upper shape of a primate but has no legs. It can only move by loping across the ground on its gorilla-sized arms or swinging from limb to limb in the tree canopy. The lower half of the body is made up solely by what appears to be a re-curved tail. Those unfortunate enough to be attacked by the Amantè will find that this tail
is actually a phallus.

The Amantè has the paramedic pinned, and as the creature rips the phallus from itself with a sound of snapping tendons and a spray of orange fluid. Now detached, you recognize the seeder, just like the one in the toolbox. It is headed for the mouth of the paramedic.

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:55 am
by HoneyDog
Scott
SAN,SAN 47: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/542215]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]37[/b] SAN loss 1
The sight of the creature sickens Brian but he is galvanized into action. He runs up to the creature, drawing his sidearm, and opens fire.
Firearms,Firearms 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/542217]Firearms[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]43[/b]
Unfortunately his balance is shot from his deafness, and the shot goes narrowly wide.

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:19 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah looks at the horrific creature.

"How did it know we were here?" She demands of Brian. "Did you lead it to us?"
She points the chainsaw in the doctor's general direction and gives it a threatening rev.
Dice Rolls,Sanity Check SAN 40 1d100 = 60 http://orokos.com/roll/542335 Sanity Loss 1d6 = 6 http://orokos.com/roll/542337 Paranoia Check SAN 34 1d100 = 68 http://orokos.com/roll/542338 Melee Weapon 30 1d100 = 98 http://orokos.com/roll/542340 OOC: Christ on a bike can I not pass a single roll?

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:24 pm
by Zeppo
OOC:   That's my sanity breaking point by the way. Don't know if you want to pick the new disorder leestriter?  

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:59 pm
by leestriter
OOC:   I think phallophobia, fear of phalluses and more broadly anything masculine. Coupled with the acute paranoia episode and temporary insanity (fight, flee, submit, pick one)  

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:07 pm
by Zeppo
OOC:   Obviously fight, can I make an attack roll against the worm?  

Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:11 pm
by leestriter
OOC:   You rolled for a melee attack and missed this round, Mr. Handy will go, then the monster followed by the agents again.You can talk with Honeydog or Mr.Handy but combat will be round by round for the most part (At least that's my thought on it for now). But yes you will be able to attack the worm in the monster's hand or the one in the toolbox  

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike desperately looks around for something that could be used as a weapon.

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:12 pm
by leestriter
Mike finds a hacksaw.

The paramedic begins to scream, and the worm quickly slithers into his open mouth. The creature releases the now unconscious paramedic and heads over to the cruiser with Agent Scott and Sarah . It is trying to break through the back windshield.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] out of 60

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Now armed, Mike drags himself to his feet and climbs out of the ambulance, hoping he can do something to help.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:17 am
by leestriter
The remaining paramedic is yelling, "What the fuck is going on? What is that?" And trying to tend to the downed paramedic.

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 am
by Zeppo
Sarah yells back, "you need to grab that worm out and bury it in the snow!"

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:32 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

Controlling his breathing, Brian ignores the events around him as he trains his CZ 99 on the creature. He fires again, and this time scores a hit.
Firearms,Firearms 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/542885]Firearms[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]29[/b]
Damage,Damage from 9mm bullet 1d10: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/542886]Firearms damage[/url]: [u]1d10[/u] [b]9[/b]

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:58 pm
by Zeppo
OOC:   I'm a bit confused as to whether I'm in the cruiser or not.  

Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:44 pm
by leestriter
OOC:   That's up to you, but I was thinking you'd have to have gotten out to wield the chainsaw  

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike hears Sarah's advice and runs as fast as his injuries allow to grab the worm and press it into the snow. He's an excellent martial artist, and he'd rather not put the others at risk. He's already been bitten by one of those things, so he doesn't have as much to lose if their bite turns out to be infectious.
OOC,Unarmed Combat roll (80% skill) to grab the worm and bury it in the snow: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:31 am
by HoneyDog
OOC:   I'm guessing the creature is trying to break into the cruiser to get the worm in the toolbox.  

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:25 am
by Zeppo
"Die, you son of a bitch," Sarah screams with rage as she turns the chainsaw on the creature
Chainsaw,Melee at 30, rolls [b]21[/b] http://orokos.com/roll/543252 I don't know the damage for a chainsaw, leestriter could you roll it?

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:55 pm
by leestriter
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]  

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:48 pm
by leestriter
Orange fluid and bits of grey flesh fly everywhere as the chainsaw goes through the creature's arm with ease. It lets out another ear-piercing shriek.
OOC:   Con x 5 checks again, except Agent Scott who is currently deafened.  

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:03 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah doesn't even seem to notice the noise as she tears through the beast.
Spoiler:
Con,
Con x 5 = 55
Rolled 27
http://orokos.com/roll/543351

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:07 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC:   What happened when Scott shot the creature?  

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:40 pm
by leestriter
Scott:

Th bullet went through the creatures head, and while the mouth hangs loosely it is still alive.

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:06 am
by HoneyDog
OOC:   Can Scott fire again?  

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:14 am
by leestriter
Mike:

It's a struggle but you are able to wrestle the worm from the paramedics mouth.

Scott:
OOC:   Yes, it is another round  

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:47 am
by HoneyDog
Brian fires again but the monster is moving around too much.
Firearms,Firearms 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/543473]Firearms[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]57[/b]

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:08 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike plunges the worm into the snow and tries to hold it there.

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:58 am
by Zeppo
Seeing the creature howling in pain, Sarah aims a heavy kick at the wounded beast in hopes of finishing it off.
Unarmed combat,Unarmed combat of 40 Rolls [b]40[/b] http://orokos.com/roll/543520

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:09 am
by leestriter
Mike:
The fresher seeder writhes in Mike's hands and eventually lets out a shrill cry. Mike feels a kick inside his stomach in response.

Sarah:
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] -1 unarmed damage
The kick doesn't seem to affect to the creature.

All:

The Amante attempts to hurl itself toward the tree line on its remaining arm.
OOC:   [dice]1[/dice] Athletics 80 20 penalty for losing an arm so 60  
But it hasn't reached the trees yet, it is too slow with only one arm to move around with.

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:57 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike presses the creature deeper into the snow. "There's something moving in my stomach that's responding to this thing!" he calls. "If we ever get me to the hospital, you need to put me in a tub full of ice, lower my body temperature, and get this thing outta me!"

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:25 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

Cursing under his breath, Brian fires off another round at the retreating creature, but it goes well wide.
Firearms,Firearms 40: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/544186]Firearms[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]78[/b]
He runs back to Mike and lifts him up to get him back into the ambulance.

"Get that other man in too" he shouts, indicating the injured paramedic.

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah grabs the toolbox from the back of the cruiser and places the second worm inside before firmly closing the lid down.

Sarah drags the injured paramedic through the snow and hauls him into the back of the ambulance.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"Pack snow in with them!" calls Mike, fighting back panic as he climbs into the back of the ambulance. "Maybe there's cold packs or something in here." He looks around.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:33 am
by leestriter
Mike:

There is a medical refrigerator on the ambulance with select medications inside, and also cold packs. Suddenly, Mike feels something strange...a sort of gnawing hunger, followed by loss of feeling in his right arm. He can move it, but not feel it.

Sarah:
OOC:   Sarah's temporary insanity/paranoia/fear of men can be resolved by someone making a psychotherapy, projecting onto a bond or use of willpower  
Sarah tries to pick up the man, but she becomes nauseous the moment she touches him. She can't help but remember the look on Skip Mills face when he attacked, the ecstasy of it. The horror of the creature that had to be killed at any cost, that half ape half phallus. And she can't help but wonder, with all these infected men and the mystery of what has happened with Agent Scott...maybe everyone else has been turned. If the others have been compromised, those disgusting unreliable MEN....well, the infection must be destroyed.

The uninjured paramedic attempts to throw a stone at the Amante
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]40 percent  
The Amante attempts again to retreat into the trees
OOC:   [dice]1[/dice] 80 percent chance 20 percent penalty  
The creature leaps into the trees and is now partially obscured but not gone.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:15 am
by Mr. Handy

"I can't feel my right arm!" Mike calls. He opens up the fridge to let the cold wash over him and straps the cold packs around his stomach where he had felt the movement earlier.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:31 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

"Things are falling apart" thinks Brian .

"Get in this fucking ambulance and drive!" he bellows at the uninjured paramedic. He rarely swears but he needs to take command.

"Sarah! Follow us as best you can. These men can't wait any longer."

He jumps out to get the injured man who is with Sarah.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:27 pm
by Zeppo
Seeing Brian rushing towards her, shouting, Sarah instinctively lashes out, swinging her fists wildly at him in a threatening, if ineffectual, manner.
Dice Rolls,Willpower x 5 = 60 Rolled [b]65[/b] http://orokos.com/roll/544603 Unarmed combat = 40 Rolled [b]98[/b] http://orokos.com/roll/544604

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:18 pm
by leestriter
The Amante disappears into the woods.
The paramedic listens to Agent Scott and gets into the driver's seat, he yells back at Mike to close the doors at the back. Mike is slowly regaining feeling in his arm, but he is extremely cold and can only handle for Con x 3 minutes before having to use willpower/risk hurting himself.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:18 pm
by HoneyDog
Scott

"What the hell is wrong with her?" wonders Brian, as Sarah flails her arms at him.

"Stop fucking around Sarah and get in the fucking car" he tells her.

He picks up the injured man and shouts at the ambulance.

"We have injured here you stupid asshole. Wait for us!"

He staggers over with his burden.

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:58 pm
by Zeppo
Sarah takes the driver's seat of the cruiser and locks the doors.

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"The cold's helping!" calls Mike as he slams the doors shut before returning to the open fridge, his teeth chattering. "I can feel my arm again, but hurry! I don't know how long I can stand this!"

Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:13 pm
by HoneyDog
Brian gets the injured paramedic on board and shuts the doors.

"Get us moving!" he shouts.

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:06 am
by leestriter
The ambulance heads to Lafontaine University. The original parts of the University are built in a neogothic style, with the newer dorm nearby is a more recent utilitarian design. Deputy Eli Filagree is waiting outside. Doctor Beller is also here. The doors are unlocked and the Biology Department has a room set aside for medical treatment and several sanitized tools.

Deputy Filagree, upon seeing two unconscious and one badly injured man, looks to the Agents. "Now. I need to know what is going on. I've got the sheriff at my neck and it'll end up being my job if I don't make some kind of report soon."

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:42 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

Brian addresses the Doctor.

"Doctor get these men to the treatment rooms, the Deputy will help you. I'll answer all questions as soon as I can. You need to make the rooms as cold as possible. I will treat this man." He indicates Mike.

"Another FEMA agent is arriving soon. See that she gets to me."

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:55 pm
by leestriter
Doctor Beller and Deputy Filagree grab Skip Mills and the paramedic and take them to the treatment rooms. They will also assist Mike in getting there if he needs it. They turn off the heat and open windows in adjacent rooms, but do not open the ones in the treatment rooms to keep them sanitary.

Mike is shivering and seems to be in the initial stages of hypothermia but whatever was wrong with his arm seems like it has gone away.
OOC:   Enough time has passed that Sarah is no longer dominated by the fight reflex, though paranoia androphobia are still in effect  

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:31 pm
by Zeppo
The cruiser pulls up at the hospital and Sarah steps out. Her eyes dart from side to side wildly. Her coat, bundled up in her arms, conceals the bloody chainsaw.

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:41 pm
by HoneyDog
Scott

Brian leads Mike to a treatment room.

"Mike, I need to x-Ray you, and then we'll fix you. I'll do my best to get you right. You've got to hang in there."

Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:57 pm
by leestriter
Image The results of the xray are a San check (1/1d4) for anyone who sees them. Some kind of fetus appears to be gestating inside of Mike's abdomen near one of the stab wounds. It has grown a tremendous amount since he was stabbed. In a day or so the size of it will crush his internal organs, if the constant drain on his body to grow this thing doesn't kill him first. The tissue of the creature is different and easier to see on the xray, Agent Scott can make out a connection between the fetus and Mike's spinal cord.

Deputy Filagree is shocked, "Now, things have gone too far here Agent Scott. If you don't tell me how you ended up operating on a pregnant man in the dead of night I swear to god I'll have the sheriff in here."

Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:50 pm
by HoneyDog
Scott
SAN,Sanity 46: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/546110]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]45[/b] Lose 1 SAN now 45.
Brian looks at the x-ray in horror. How must Mike feel having that growing inside him?

"There's some kind of outbreak going on. A parasite, a worm, bites and this thing develops inside a person. It grows and develops into some weird ape-like creature. One attacked us on the way here. I need to remove this thing at once, so please get Dr. Beller for me."

Brian pauses. "Tell your chief about this, in fact I want him here. This thing is going to spiral out of control unless we use every resource to combat it. You'd better get moving Fillagree."

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy

"Get this damn thing outta me!" says Mike through gritted teeth. "When Sarah gets here, have her put those...specimens on ice as soon as possible. We don't want them getting loose."
OOC,You only lose 1D4 Sanity if you fail the Sanity roll, which you never actually rolled. If you pass it, you just lose 1 Sanity.

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:38 pm
by HoneyDog
Scott

"I'm afraid there's enough of them on the loose already, but I take your point. Let's get you ready."

He begins to prep for surgery.

Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:38 pm
by leestriter
Deputy Filagree goes ahead and calls the sheriff, at first he thinks it is some sort of joke until he hears how many people are injured and that this is what killed the John Doe. The sheriff wants to meet with Agent Scott. The John Doe case is assigned additional personnel, the plan right now is to go door to door in the area the body was found, but the sheriff wants to check with Agent Scott before he puts his men at risk.

Dr. Beller attempts to assist Agent Scott operating on Mike.
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice]Medicine at 60, success lends 10 point bonus to Agent Scott's medicine for this surgery  
Dr. Beller gathers together anesthetic, gloves, and other surgical tools for Agent Scott. He assist as a nurse.

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy

"Thanks, Doc," says Mike before he is put under anesthetic. "If I don't make it...tell my wife and daughter I love them."

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:35 pm
by HoneyDog
Brian gets to work. Unfortunately, removing the creature from Mike might prove too difficult...
Medicine,Medicine 60: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/546214]Medicine[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]70[/b]

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:28 pm
by Zeppo
OOC:   With the bonus from Doctor Beller that's just enough to pass.  

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:35 am
by leestriter
Agent Scott has managed to open up the chest cavity and expose the creature beneath. He now has to decide about the connection between the creature and Mike's spinal cord. If he removes it close to the creature he could remove it now, but if he wants to totally remove it from the spinal cord it will be a more advanced procedure where any problems could leave Mike crippled for life.
OOC:   Another roll if you want to remove close to the spine, if you leave the part attached to the spine the surgery is a success without another roll  

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 am
by HoneyDog
Brian decides to try to remove the whole of the creature. There's no telling what may happen if anything is left.
Medicine,Medicine 60:[url=http://orokos.com/roll/546833]Medicine[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]85[/b]

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:44 pm
by leestriter
OOC:   [dice]0[/dice] Damage to Mike, make another roll to try to fix the mistake. Mr. Handy make the Con x5 roll to avoid permanent injury  
Things are going well, but a slip of the hand at a critical moment risks permanent injury if Agent Scott can't repair the damage in time.

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:47 pm
by Mr. Handy

Fortunately, Mike is very resilient and a fast healer.
OOC,CON x 5 roll (55% stat) to avoid permanent injury: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:10 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC,Brian has to make another Medicine roll?

Posted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 pm
by leestriter
OOC:   You can try again to get the piece near the spine or close him up  

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 pm
by HoneyDog
Brian does his best to remove everything, but it's just too difficult.
Medicine,Medicine 60: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/546946]Medicine[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]70[/b]

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:19 pm
by leestriter
OOC:   You made it with the 10 bonus from Dr. Beller actually  
Brian has to work quickly to prevent lasting damage to Mike's spine but Mike's fortitude along with Dr. Beller's advice at a key moment help Brian successfully remove all trace of contamination from Mike.

Mike is still unconscious but can be treated. The sheriff is here to speak to Agent Scott. There is also a call requesting a FEMA administrator to help move people out of the impromptu shelter at Truman Memorial High School.

The fetal creature seems to be squirming, still alive.

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:54 pm
by HoneyDog
Brian is exhausted now but tries to keep on. He confides in Dr. Beller.

"The injured paramedic we brought in still need operating on. He was attacked by the same creature.I can't trust myself to perform an operation like we just did. Is there anyone else who can help?"

He rubs his face. "We need to dissect this parasite too. We have to find a way to combat this infestation. Can you help?"

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:22 am
by leestriter
An xray reveals that the paramedic and Skip Mills do not have fetal creatures inside of them.

Analysis of the seeder or phallus creature, made by analyzing the host (More could be learned if he had the creatures from Sarah). The phallus ends in four serrated hypodermic needles made of bone, ringed around a black gill that operates like a stand-in esophagus, piping air and food to the host.Each bone needle is attached to a vein that runs down the length of the wriggling-grayish tube. Two veins suck blood from the victim while the other two inject an orange, recombinant fluid. An alien biological process housed in the blub-like pustule at the base of the phallus rearranges the orange fluid on a cellular level from human blood. This bulb also contains nerve tendrils that integrate with the host’s limbic system.

Dr. Beller theorizes that it is the connection to the limbic system may be the key to waking them up, He tries a cocktail of drugs on Skip Mills.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Dr. Beller Medicine at 60
Skip Mills is starting to flex his hands and look around. If he had one of the creatures to analyze he could improve the formula.

Mike is also slowly waking up,

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:21 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

"We need to find a way to kill these things." he tells Beller.

He goes off to find Fillagree, and to find out what's happened to Sarah.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:36 pm
by leestriter
Deputy Filagree is talking to the sheriff, a large black man whose uniform identified him as Sheriff Daniels.

"I've got everyone I can spare but I honestly have no idea what we're fighting here. Using Skip Mills address we were able to narrow our search for the John Doe, we have two homes with heat only a few blocks away connected by wooden areas within walking distance of where we found the body. Do you know how we can tell if people are infected?"

Sarah pulled up outside the school earlier.

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:31 pm
by HoneyDog
Brian shakes hands with the Sheriif.

"It's not good news Sheriff. Those infected are violent and will attack others. There is a sexual element to it. The violence seems to make the infected sexually excited. Skip Mills was like this. But the tragedy is the infected can't help themselves. So we need to find some way of neutralizing these worms."

He rubs his eyes. "I think we should try to congregate everyone in the city in selected areas which can be protected. You should mobilize the National Guard to help with this."

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Is it out of me?" asks Mike groggily.

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:17 pm
by leestriter
Mike:

Dr. Beller is there near Mike, he was tending to Skip Mills.

"Thanks to Agent Scott and I, the surgery was a success. We got the devil out."

He holds up the fetal creature, and it lets out a small shriek. Skip Mills makes an identical noise at the same time.

Brian:

The sheriff begins making calls, luckily a large portion of the population is already in shelters. He gets through to the National Guard but is early into explaining what is going on when the phones drop out. Agent Scott receives a call. It's Patrick Hill.

"Half of the job is containing the threat, the other half is keeping people from knowing things they don't need to know. Now, I don't care what you do in the city so long as you clean up any potential liabilities but I can't have people outside Lafontaine knowing about this. The secondary squad will be arriving in a few hours, hold tight until then. Gather intel and keep this contained. Hopefully the people upstairs will overlook this considering it is a biothreat but A-Cell wants to keep outsiders out of this unless absolutely necessary"

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:26 pm
by Zeppo
The door to Mike's hospital room opens and Sarah steps in.

"I've been looking all over for you, Mike," she says gently. "I'm so sorry this has happened to you."

She drops the coat she was holding, revealing the bloody chainsaw beneath.

"Don't worry, though. I'll get it out of you."

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:45 am
by Mr. Handy

Mike's eyes go wide when he sees the bloody chainsaw. "Whoa, there, Sarah!" he says. "The doctors already got it out of me. Look!" He points at the small creature that Dr. Beller had removed from within him. She ain't right in the head, he thinks. Even if she were a qualified surgeon, you can't perform surgery with a chainsaw!

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:48 am
by HoneyDog
Brian is furious.

"I can't believe you people were so sloppy as to leave something like this just lying around for so many years” he says in a harsh whisper. “So don’t fucking lecture me Hill. I’ll do whatever it takes to clean this mess up. But after that I’m done with you and your cowboy agency.”

He hangs up.

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 am
by Zeppo
Sarah looks at the creature and recoils visibly.

"How do I know that's not the one from Skip Mills?" She asks.

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy

"Ask the doctor, he'll tell you," says Mike reasonably. "You can see my surgical scar if you like."

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:53 am
by leestriter
"Yes, yes, Agent Scott removed it from him" stammers the panicked Doctor Beller.

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:35 am
by Zeppo
Sarah looks at the horrific creature in the doctor's hands.

"It needs to die", she says.

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:18 pm
by Mr. Handy

"It will, when the doctors dissect it in the lab," says Mike, also disgusted by the thing that had been inside him. "They need to find out what makes it tick so that we can kill every last one of them."

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:15 pm
by leestriter
Agent Scott:

The Sheriff is confused about Agent Scott's phone call but he and Deputy Filagree have more pressing matters, "We have a potential lead on the John Doe case, once we expanded the search we found out he was Jonah Washington, a member of the National Guard. I can only spare two officers including Deputy Filagree here, but I was hoping you could lead them since you've had experience with these things."

Mike/Sarah

Dr. Beller still seems nervous at the sight of the bloody chainsaw.

"I have everything ready for the dissection already, if" He gulps, "You could assist me mam? I don't think Mike is any condition and I don't think I can do this on my own"

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:26 am
by HoneyDog
Scott

Sheriff, Washington was killed by one of those parasites, which we need to hunt down and destroy. You’d best put your men on that”.

He stops and thinks for a moment. Washington did appear to have fled his house though. We can check out his address quickly and then concentrate on controlling the infestation. Let me have Fillagree, get your other officers to evacuating residents. There is going to be another team of agents arriving soon to help.”

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:41 am
by leestriter
Deputy Fillagree and Agent Scott head back to the cruiser. "If I make it out of this nightmare at least the Sheriff might make me a detective" He grimly jokes.
Spoiler:
Drive at 50 [dice]0[/dice]
Deputy Fillagree is more panicked then he was letting on, he hits the gas too hard and hits the car behind him in the parking lot. The car alarm goes off and he looks like he's going to snap. He pulls it together and you drive off the 1824 West Ambrosia Street.

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:23 am
by Zeppo
Sarah eyes Doctor Beller suspiciously.

"Let's get on with it then," she says. "But try anything funny and you'll end up dissected as well."

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:09 am
by leestriter
Doctor Beller dons a new pair of gloves and straps down the squirming infant creature. He attempts to use an anesthetic to knock out the creature.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] out of 50 medicine
However, it is still struggling when he makes the first incision, and it begins letting out a terrible shriek that reminds you of the deafening call the parents made on a much quieter scale.Orange fluid leaks out of the wound. The creature might appear human but appears to have a vastly different anatomy, the only recognizable organ resembling a heart to pump the orange fluid through the body.
Spoiler:
Zoology or something like that and you can try to get more information or see if it has a weak point

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:09 am
by Zeppo
Sarah leans in to examine the creature. The alien physiology is similar to makeups she's theorised about before.
Spoiler:
Zoology,
Zoology at 60
Rolled 14
http://orokos.com/roll/551345

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:56 pm
by leestriter
The body is unlike any creature on earth. Each organ seems to serve multiple interlinked functions and most organs have a redundant system. The only exceptions are the heart (which does look like a human heart) and a network of fibers in the abdomen surrounded by different bone clusters that you theorize to be the brain. There is an additional organ attached to its "skull", that almost reminds you of an antenna. A man had written about a sentient species he believed was living in the ocean, though most laughed it off. They were supposed to communicate with a fusion of sonar and direct thought transmission. The organ looks like the one in his diagrams.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:39 pm
by HoneyDog
Gavric recognises the man in the bed from his file photo. He looks weak and has obviously been through a lot of trauma.

“Agent Wiley”? he asks.

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:33 pm
by Mr. Handy

Mike Kowalski manages to sit up in bed. "Yeah, that's me," he says. "Are you our backup?"

"Yes," said Rosa Vazquez. "I'm Julieta, and this is James"

"Well, I'm glad to see you two. We're in way over our heads here."

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:05 am
by HoneyDog
Gavric sits down on the end of the bed.

“What happened to you Mike? Where’s the rest of your team?”
OOC,Do you want to play the conversation Mr. Handy, or should we assume that Mike fills them in with all the details that he knows? We would save time that way, but you might want to play Mike a little more.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:28 am
by Mr. Handy

"One of those creatures happened to me," says Mike with a shudder. "It injected me with...stuff, and it implanted a tiny abomination in me. Dr. Scott and Dr. Beller got it out, thank God. I'm not sure where Dr. Scott is, but Sarah went to the lab with Dr. Beller to dissect that thing. I was protecting her from the creature earlier when it got me, but she ain't right in the head now. She came in her a little while ago, not realizing that the docs had already gotten it out, wanting to perform surgery with a chainsaw."

"Oo-kay..." says Rosa. "We'll be careful with her. What have you found out about the creatures?"

"Well, they don't like the cold, for one thing. It causes them pain and slows them down."
OOC,I'm fine with assuming [b]Mike[/b] tells everything if you are.

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,Let’s assume then that Mike fills them in with everything he knows.
Gavric stands up. “We’d better go and find the others then. Get some rest Mike, we’ll check back in with you later.”

'What a thing to happen to someone" he thinks. "I'll have to find a good counsellor for him. Assuming we survive this."

Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Yes, feel better," says Rosa, also disturbed, as she heads out with Michael Gavric. He'll probably welcome the memory-erasing drugs when this is all over, she thinks.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:25 am
by leestriter
Sheriff Daniels enters the room and addresses Mike, "Agent Scott went out with one of my deputies to check out a house we thought might be involved in all this. I'm concerned the suspicions were correct as there's no answer to either of them. My guys are evacuating residents and honestly I don't wanna risk their lives sending them into something way over our heads."

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 am
by Mr. Handy

"Our backup team arrived," says Mike. "They just left a minute ago. You might want to catch up with them and let them know. They could head out there."

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:14 pm
by HoneyDog
OOC,Careful Mr. H! The sheriff doesn't know about your secret identity!

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:56 pm
by leestriter
"You mean more FEMA guys? No offense but we are beyond FEMA at this point." says Sheriff Daniels.

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:52 am
by Mr. Handy

"They're all we got," says Mike.
OOC,Whoops! Still groggy from the anesthetic. ;)

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:02 am
by HoneyDog
OOC,So is the Sheriff it seems!

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:04 pm
by leestriter
Sheriff Daniels approaches Micheal and Rosa, asking them to go to 1824 West Ambrosia Street to locate Agent Scott and Deputy Filagree.

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy

"Okay," says Rosa. "Can we please get some directions?"

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:29 pm
by leestriter
"You won't need directions because I'm coming along," says Sheriff Daniels.

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:40 am
by Mr. Handy

"Great, let's go, Sheriff," says Rosa.

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:06 am
by leestriter
Go to 1824 West Ambrosia Street (Jonah Washington's Home) thread, J-Cell.