Utilities Manager's Office

Lafontaine, Missouri, is paralyzed by an ice storm. Delta Green has received a silent alarm from a storage unit in the city and needs eyes on the ground. (Content warning: body horror and sexual violence.)

Moderator: leestriter

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Utilities Manager's Office

Post by HoneyDog »

Brian shakes hands with the Sheriif.

"It's not good news Sheriff. Those infected are violent and will attack others. There is a sexual element to it. The violence seems to make the infected sexually excited. Skip Mills was like this. But the tragedy is the infected can't help themselves. So we need to find some way of neutralizing these worms."

He rubs his eyes. "I think we should try to congregate everyone in the city in selected areas which can be protected. You should mobilize the National Guard to help with this."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Is it out of me?" asks Mike groggily.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

Mike:

Dr. Beller is there near Mike, he was tending to Skip Mills.

"Thanks to Agent Scott and I, the surgery was a success. We got the devil out."

He holds up the fetal creature, and it lets out a small shriek. Skip Mills makes an identical noise at the same time.

Brian:

The sheriff begins making calls, luckily a large portion of the population is already in shelters. He gets through to the National Guard but is early into explaining what is going on when the phones drop out. Agent Scott receives a call. It's Patrick Hill.

"Half of the job is containing the threat, the other half is keeping people from knowing things they don't need to know. Now, I don't care what you do in the city so long as you clean up any potential liabilities but I can't have people outside Lafontaine knowing about this. The secondary squad will be arriving in a few hours, hold tight until then. Gather intel and keep this contained. Hopefully the people upstairs will overlook this considering it is a biothreat but A-Cell wants to keep outsiders out of this unless absolutely necessary"
Zeppo
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by Zeppo »

The door to Mike's hospital room opens and Sarah steps in.

"I've been looking all over for you, Mike," she says gently. "I'm so sorry this has happened to you."

She drops the coat she was holding, revealing the bloody chainsaw beneath.

"Don't worry, though. I'll get it out of you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mike's eyes go wide when he sees the bloody chainsaw. "Whoa, there, Sarah!" he says. "The doctors already got it out of me. Look!" He points at the small creature that Dr. Beller had removed from within him. She ain't right in the head, he thinks. Even if she were a qualified surgeon, you can't perform surgery with a chainsaw!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Brian is furious.

"I can't believe you people were so sloppy as to leave something like this just lying around for so many years” he says in a harsh whisper. “So don’t fucking lecture me Hill. I’ll do whatever it takes to clean this mess up. But after that I’m done with you and your cowboy agency.”

He hangs up.
Zeppo
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zeppo »

Sarah looks at the creature and recoils visibly.

"How do I know that's not the one from Skip Mills?" She asks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ask the doctor, he'll tell you," says Mike reasonably. "You can see my surgical scar if you like."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

"Yes, yes, Agent Scott removed it from him" stammers the panicked Doctor Beller.
Zeppo
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zeppo »

Sarah looks at the horrific creature in the doctor's hands.

"It needs to die", she says.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It will, when the doctors dissect it in the lab," says Mike, also disgusted by the thing that had been inside him. "They need to find out what makes it tick so that we can kill every last one of them."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Agent Scott:

The Sheriff is confused about Agent Scott's phone call but he and Deputy Filagree have more pressing matters, "We have a potential lead on the John Doe case, once we expanded the search we found out he was Jonah Washington, a member of the National Guard. I can only spare two officers including Deputy Filagree here, but I was hoping you could lead them since you've had experience with these things."

Mike/Sarah

Dr. Beller still seems nervous at the sight of the bloody chainsaw.

"I have everything ready for the dissection already, if" He gulps, "You could assist me mam? I don't think Mike is any condition and I don't think I can do this on my own"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott

Sheriff, Washington was killed by one of those parasites, which we need to hunt down and destroy. You’d best put your men on that”.

He stops and thinks for a moment. Washington did appear to have fled his house though. We can check out his address quickly and then concentrate on controlling the infestation. Let me have Fillagree, get your other officers to evacuating residents. There is going to be another team of agents arriving soon to help.”
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Deputy Fillagree and Agent Scott head back to the cruiser. "If I make it out of this nightmare at least the Sheriff might make me a detective" He grimly jokes.
Spoiler:
Drive at 50 [dice]0[/dice]
Deputy Fillagree is more panicked then he was letting on, he hits the gas too hard and hits the car behind him in the parking lot. The car alarm goes off and he looks like he's going to snap. He pulls it together and you drive off the 1824 West Ambrosia Street.
Zeppo
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zeppo »

Sarah eyes Doctor Beller suspiciously.

"Let's get on with it then," she says. "But try anything funny and you'll end up dissected as well."
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Doctor Beller dons a new pair of gloves and straps down the squirming infant creature. He attempts to use an anesthetic to knock out the creature.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] out of 50 medicine
However, it is still struggling when he makes the first incision, and it begins letting out a terrible shriek that reminds you of the deafening call the parents made on a much quieter scale.Orange fluid leaks out of the wound. The creature might appear human but appears to have a vastly different anatomy, the only recognizable organ resembling a heart to pump the orange fluid through the body.
Spoiler:
Zoology or something like that and you can try to get more information or see if it has a weak point
Zeppo
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Zeppo »

Sarah leans in to examine the creature. The alien physiology is similar to makeups she's theorised about before.
Spoiler:
Zoology,
Zoology at 60
Rolled 14
http://orokos.com/roll/551345
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

The body is unlike any creature on earth. Each organ seems to serve multiple interlinked functions and most organs have a redundant system. The only exceptions are the heart (which does look like a human heart) and a network of fibers in the abdomen surrounded by different bone clusters that you theorize to be the brain. There is an additional organ attached to its "skull", that almost reminds you of an antenna. A man had written about a sentient species he believed was living in the ocean, though most laughed it off. They were supposed to communicate with a fusion of sonar and direct thought transmission. The organ looks like the one in his diagrams.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Gavric recognises the man in the bed from his file photo. He looks weak and has obviously been through a lot of trauma.

“Agent Wiley”? he asks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mike Kowalski manages to sit up in bed. "Yeah, that's me," he says. "Are you our backup?"

"Yes," said Rosa Vazquez. "I'm Julieta, and this is James"

"Well, I'm glad to see you two. We're in way over our heads here."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Lover in the Ice”