Lover In The Ice: Troop Transport

Lafontaine, Missouri, is paralyzed by an ice storm. Delta Green has received a silent alarm from a storage unit in the city and needs eyes on the ground. (Content warning: body horror and sexual violence.)

Moderator: leestriter

leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Re: Lover In The Ice: Troop Transport

Post by leestriter »

Scott:

"I've run a basic criminal check with no results. The other guys didn't think it was worth expanding the search, but I'm sure you have access to the full database"

He begins loading up the corpse into a body bag, and the two of you load it into the back of the cruiser.
Spoiler:
Deputy Filagree has a Drive of 50 [dice]0[/dice]
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Scott:

The two of you arrive at the University without incident. A few students wander around though most of them are closer to the dorms, the state-of-the-art Lafontaine University dormitory is
located across the bridge on the Southside and only a short distance from the Biology Lab.

"Well, I suppose we'd better talk to someone before just bringing in a stiff, don't ya think?"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott

"Of course. If you know the layout and people here please lead the way."
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

He leads you through the corridors and up the stairs to a hallway with several offices labeled after different professors. Most of them appear to be empty but a few still have light, and Deputy Filagree approaches one cautiously and knocks at the door before entering. A bald man probably somewhere in his sixties is sitting at his desk, and he closes the book he was reading and greets you both.

"I'm Doctor George Beller, I'm one of the few staying to man the classrooms during the disaster"

Deputy Filagree explains the situation, and Dr Beller seems incredibly interested. He wants to see the body, infact, he wants to know if a few of his students from the nearby dorm could supervise.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Brian shakes his head.

"Participating is out of the question Doctor. But you and your students can observe if you like. Just keep your distance. What is your students’ major? Medicine, I presume?”
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

"Oh yes, just a few of my most promising students. This could be a great learning experience for them." says Doctor Beller before heading off to make the calls.

The students arrive pretty quickly while you and Deputy Filagree move the body into the lab room. There are three students there, a small woman, a small white man and a larger, more athletic guy. It seems like the try to fade into the background, trying to stay out of your way. The body looks slightly different then you remember, more bloated. The four-pronged puncture wounds are visible. Pressure causes a strange orange fluid to leak out. Extended examination suggest that each pair of four-pronged puncture wound had a divided purpose. Odd bruising looks like two needles sucked blood out under enormous pressure, while the other two were injecting the orange fluid at a pressure sufficient to rupture veins. The areas of his body closest to the fluid seem to be starting to liquefy while the skin seems to have hardened.

The Doctor is incredibly interested in the orange fluid, and assist you in running it through some of the advanced microscopic imaging equipment.The equipment illuminates the alarming
resilience and reassembly capabilities of the orange fluid. Partial DNA strands assemble themselves at high speeds, maintaining impossible cohesion until combining with nearby genetic material. The only thing keeping the orange goop form assembling into an organism on the spot is the paucity of raw genetic material. Given a tight enough container, enough time, and sufficient volume, the stuff could clone…something…in a matter of days and completely asexually. The implications for such a genetic find are staggering, not to mention the knowledge that its building blocks are entirely compatible with human biology.

"Do you have any idea what we have here? I've never seen or heard of anything like this. Please let me get some additional samples"
Spoiler:
Make a San Check.1/1d4 unnatural
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott
SAN,SAN 50: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/538806]SAN[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]46[/b] SAN now 49
Brian pays no attention to the Doctor, too busy assessing what he has just discovered. The implications are too staggering, but he knows he cannot dwell too much on it now.

“The victim must have died from blood loss” he says, more to himself than anyone.

Looking up, he notices Doctor Beller. Doctor, I’d appreciate it if you and your students kept this to yourselves. This is still a murder investigation and everything must be kept confidential. I promise to keep you in the loop about further investigation into what we have here, but in the meantime I must remove the body and all samples.”

The Doctor may be a useful ally in the future, so Brian thinks that it is best to keep him onside.

“Please, if you and your students could leave now, I have to finish up here. Deputy Fillagree, could you see everyone out?” Brian is civil, but his tone is firm.

After everyone leaves, he calls Hill and tells him of his findings. “Ideally, I want this body and the substance out of here and at a secure location where it can be studied further. It must be connected to the storage box. It can’t be a coincidence.”
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] 50 percent chance phones will work
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

"A-Cell thought that damned murder looked suspicious. Consider this confirmation that the box has been breached and have the team prepare for potential threats. You're the only ones we'll be able to get into the area in any reasonable amount of time. Get that body somewhere secure. Anyone who saw too much should either be vetted as a potential friendly or silence needs to be guaranteed. That green box might be the only clue to what you're dealing with out there, do the full inventory ASAP" Hill sounds exhausted.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Finishing with Hill, Brian calls Mike and tells him what he’s found.

“The body was injected with some kind of substance which has the ability to combine DNA with other organisms. It’s completely unlike anything I’ve ever heard of. It’s imperative that we examine the storage site immediately.”

“I have to return the body and all samples to the morgue for now until I can get somewhere better. From there I’ll do my best to get to the storage site as soon as I can. Forget about Mills' place, you get there too, and let me know when you arrive.”

Brian leaves the room and tells Deputy Fillagree that they will return the body to the morgue. He also talks to Doctor Beller and the students, promising again to give them news but insisting on their confidentiality. It seems to work.
Persuade,Persuade 20: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/538827]Persuade[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]18[/b]
He prepares the body and the samples, and sets off with Fillagree back to the morgue.
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Agent Scott and Deputy Filagree arrive back at the morgue. There is no question that the body is significantly bloated now. It is a struggle to get it back into the body freezer.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

“Look Fillagree, that body is vital evidence. It’s not contagious, so please don’t be concerned, but I don’t want it contaminated. I want to seal off this whole room – no-one goes in or out without my permission. Please relay that to whoever’s in charge.”
Bureaucracy,Bureaucracy (if it helps) 50: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/538833]Bureaucracy[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]19[/b]
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Deputy Filagree radios some of the other officers, it takes more then a little persuasion but it sounds like he's convinced them.

"We have permission to seal off this part of the morgue, it doesn't have any windows, and we can lock the door. I can't close off the whole morgue in case there are any more victims of the weather or whatever else is going on. Do you think we need to man the door? I doubt he's going anywhere but I've never heard anything like what the doctor was talking about"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott

“Yes, get someone to man the door and radio me if anything happens. Anything at all. Now, I need a vehicle and a map of the city. Can you get me those?
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

"I don't know who else will be available, but I could man the door myself. There's a map in the car, and they might have a truck or something back at the motor pool. You can use the cruiser if you'd like"
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott

“Good man. Thanks for all your help Fillagree. Now, anything, anything at all happens, and I mean anything, call me.”

Brian gets the cruiser and heads off to the storage facility.
OOC,Should I roll Drive?
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

The sun is starting to set.
Spoiler:
Yes, roll drive
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Scott

The frozen streets are almost empty, and as the sun begins to set, Brian grits his teeth and prays that he won’t come off the road.
Drive,Drive 20: [url=http://orokos.com/roll/539151]Drive[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]15[/b]
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Spoiler:
Scott arrives outside Earl's Rent-A-Space

Return to “Lover in the Ice”