Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Cleopatra's Palace- Rome, Italia
Mid-morning- March 15, 44 BC

Elizabeth followed the servant into the antechamber, where Nefertiri was waiting and the others were assembled. Senator Germanicus was there with his disfigured slave Claudius. Caelia Alba was present in her yellow stola. The augur Titus Iunius Philo was there as well. So were the three cavalrymen: Decius Lupus, Artemis, and Spurius. The ex-gladiator Aricus Callidus Gladio and the thief Marcus Sabinus were also gathered.

"Thank you all for answering my summons," said Nefertiri. "The Queen cannot be here now, but I am here on her behalf. Elizabeth returned this morning with startling news. Senator Scaevola is indeed behind the plot. She and her friends attempted to thwart him last night at his villa, but it did not go well. They were all captured, but fortunately she escaped to bring back the news. We do not have much time. Our first priority must be to save Caesar's life."

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Ides of March(Everyone else)

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:02 pm
by aine
Caelia bows to the Queen but addresses everyone, "Your Majesty, I had the most awful dream last night; Caesar was killed at the senate, knifed to death. The sky went dark, most of us were there but we were too late. It was awful and so real! If only we do not fail today!" She turns to Elizabeth, "How lucky you were to escape! You must fear for your friends lives- we must rescue them if we can."

To the Queen she says, "That letter suggested that it is Scaevola who must kill Caesar personally if he is to receive his magic powers from Thoth. If we can stop him leaving his villa and rescue Elizabeth's friends too; maybe that would work." She finishes rather doubtfully.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:27 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus lowers his head. "I am no warrior, but I will do what I can to prevent this horror. It is in the hands of the gods."

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:42 pm
by Ritterton
Artemis shook his head. Save Caear? A threat on the General?

He looked at the Queen's servant and his colleagues. Shook his head again trying to clear the cobwebs laced across his mind.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:46 pm
by yockenthwaite
"Yes my friends are in terrible danger," says Elizabeth grimly to Caelia. "Your plan sounds like a good one to me. If we could stop Scaevola at his villa we could save Caesar, and free my friends who are probably being held captive there, at grave risk of being killed. Time is of the essence whatever our plan. My lady," she says, turning to Nefertiri, "are there guards here who could help if an assault is made on Scaevola's villa?"

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
"I am no lady, just a servant," said Nefertiri. "I do have guards available, but Scaevola has probably already left his villa and is in Rome by now if he means to strike today. We must find and intercept him, and guard Caesar's life. I am sorry, Elizabeth, but Caesar's life is more important than the lives of your friends. They understood this, with their courageous actions in the effort to save him. If they have been captured alive, though, there is a good chance that Scaevola will continue to keep them alive. After we have ensured Caesar's safety, then we can mount a rescue. If, may the gods forbid it, we fail to save them, at least their sacrifice shall not have been in vain."
OOC,[b]Cleopatra[/b] is not actually present. [b]Nefertiri[/b] is her servant, though a high-ranking one.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:05 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods slowly as Nefertiri speaks. "Then I pray we may be in time to save all concerned," she says, looking around at the gathered group. "So then, Scaevola, where might he be, or heading to? Would Caesar have any specific plans for today? Scaevola said something about the Theatre of Pompey, but no more information than that." She was unsure whether to give the Theatre location, and certainly did not want to reveal her prior knowledge. Nor does she want to change history. But she wants to help her friends. And knowing there may help them.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:01 am
by Ritterton
"The General saved many of us in the past, we are more than willing to save him today, if Fortuna wills it. Send us to where he may be, and we can do the rest." Artemis' words were sincere, but there was a part of him that felt that something was odd, amidst with the situation.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:45 am
by Mr. Handy
"I have heard that Caesar is planning to attend Albinus's games at the Theater of Pompey today," said Aricus. "I am due to fight there soon, in fact."

"Excellent," said Nefertiri. "That is just off of the Forum, not far away. With all of you guarding him, no harm can befall him. Adelphus is already waiting in the Forum to warn Caesar when he arrives. You should-"

Just then, an Egyptian messenger burst into the chamber, panting for breath. Elizabeth had to wonder how much worse things could get. "Nefertiri," he said, pausing to gulp in air. "I have wonderful news! I have just come from the house of Caesar. His wife Calpurnia had a bad dream last night in which he was killed, and she convinced him to stay home!"
OOC,[b]Artemis[/b] (and everyone other than [b]Elizabeth[/b]) may roll Insight.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:56 pm
by Ritterton
Spoiler:
insight against 05[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:21 pm
by DrPeterson
Germanicus takes in the tidings and then nods.

"I was going to meet Caesarat the the Theatre of Pompey, and that is where I saw him dead in my dream. No doubt Scaevola will already be there. However, he is not the only one involved in the conspiracy."

"We must move to the Forum and intercept them all. Or had the Queen some other plan in mind when she summoned us here?"
Insight 5%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:31 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Spoiler:
Insight = 75%[dice]0[/dice]
Titus nods his head. Clearly so many people sharing the same dream indicated that they had come through the gate of horn rather than the false gate of ivory. Caesar's life must be saved, if the gods willed it. And he felt as if they were trying to tell him something even now.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:10 am
by Ritterton
"Wait, Senator, you had a dream about Caesar being killed? So, did I and he died in the Forum, or rather in the Temple in the Forum." Artemis looked about. "We need to move quickly, or else if the dream is any indication, we will find Caesar dead."

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:35 am
by andyw666
Insight,Lupus has an Insight of 5% [dice]0[/dice] Lupus' bluff, soldierly heartiness does not lend itself to deeper analysis of the human psyche.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:20 pm
by HoneyDog
Insight,Insight 35% [url=http://orokos.com/roll/485784]Insight[/url]: [u]1d100[/u] [b]63[/b] Not much insight for Claudius either.

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:46 pm
by aine
Caelia is surprised to hear that other people seemed to have had the same dream - what could that mean? She leans over to Artemis who doesn't seem to be quite his usual confident self, "Are you okay Artemis? Is it just the bad dream that effects you?" She surreptitiously casts her professional eye over him.

To Nefertiri she says, "As soon as we know where Scaevola is, I will meet him and try to stay by his side for the day - if he'll let me. I don't suppose Caesar will be happy to stay at home all day on his wife's whim; he could still leave at any minute and there's nothing stopping Scaevola from going there and killing him either. Oh! We really must hurry!"

She turns to Elizabeth, "If I am with Scaevola I will do everything I can to prevent him from harming your friends. If he is away from his villa all day then at least they should be safe for now." She hopes this will give some hope.
Insight,(45%) roll:37

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:46 am
by Mr. Handy
"Truly, the dreams Calpurnia and you had must be prophetic," said Nefertiri. "There can be no other explanation." She addressed the messenger. "Did Calpurnia say where Caesar had been slain in her dream?"

"In the Forum," said the messenger.

Nefertiri nodded. "Then he is safe for now in his own house. There he is surrounded by his lictors and others loyal to him. As long as he avoids the Forum, all we have to do is make sure he stays put while hunting down Scaevola. In the long term, Caesar will not be safe until Scaevola is dead. Return to Caesar's house and keep watch. If Caesar changes his mind and leaves, run back to the palace with the news. Also, send another messenger to the Forum to join Adelphus and inform him about Scaevola. If either of them spots him, the messenger is also to return to the palace and report."

"It shall be done." The messenger bowed and ran from the room.

"If Scaevola is not in the Forum yet, it will be very difficult to find him. Rome is a huge city. Even the Forum is large, with massive crowds. He could hide if he wishes to remain anonymous. Who is to say he is wearing the robes of a Senator? Of course, it is possible that he is still at his villa, or that he is currently on his way to the city from there. If so, we could still head him off."
Titus Iunius Philo and Caelia Alba,While [b]Nefertiri[/b] genuinely wanted to save [b]Caesar[/b]'s life, she had her own reasons for it. From the way she reacted when the Queen was mentioned, it seemed to have something to do with her. However, she also seemed to be acting on her own initiative in this matter without involving her.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:00 am
by Victoria Silverwolf
Spoiler:
Titus suspects that the Serpent of the Nile wishes to make use of her wiles to combine her realm with Rome, and possibly even to rule it as a Queen. Would it be better for Caesar to fall, or for the Republic? It is in the hands of the gods. He only knows that he cannot condone the murder of a great man, even if it means that Cleopatra will rule.
"I am willing to make the journey to the villa of Scaevola. Surely he will think me a harmless old man, and I will not be in any danger."

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:09 am
by Ritterton
"Lady Caelia, in my dream, we spent part of the evening at Scaevola's villa where he led you into a cellar dedicated to some bird headed Egyptian god. Senator, in that same dream, you sent the three of us to recruit soldiers to come to the defense of Caesar's allies after he had been killed." Artemis shook his head and rubbed his temple. "My head seems to be a bit cloudy, too much drink I suspect, Good Lady."

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:46 am
by andyw666
"General, Lady, I am a Scout by trade, I believe I would be of greater use going to this villa than into the heart of the city. Going to the villa stealthy like."

Lupus' hand goes to rest on a sword hilt that isn't there. At least I would have my sword and bow for a change.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:11 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth nods and smiles in response to Caelia's comments. She says nothing more for now though, content to listen to the others decide on a plan. To be honest she is torn, of course, not wanting to change history but wanting to save her friends. Unsure what to do for the best, she prays silently that her friends are still alive and she will see them again.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:25 pm
by aine
Caelia looks at Artemis strangely. "That bit was real- I think! You should keep off the liquor; it really doesn't agree with you. I will go to Scaevola's villa immediately; someone there will know where he is. Nefertiri, can you order me a sedan, it will be the quickest, but don't make it a palace one." She wonders if Nefertiri is another mistress of Caesar if she has her own reasons to keep him safe.

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:14 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus as always, stood still a little quiet while everybody talked about everything else, there he was in front of Nefertiri, the woman that once helped him survive getting caught.

"I find it fascinating that life brought us together on the same path again, old friend" He said while stepping closer to Nefertiri, with the crooked smile he always carried, taking off the hood of his cucullus, so she could see his face.

"You know my skills, and my debt to you and the queen, I'll be happy to help in anything I can, you can have my word I won't derail on the way of whichever mission you give me, just say the word and I'll do it, ha!"

Marcus talked to her with a steady enthusiasm, but calm voice at the same time, he was really happy to be getting the chance to work to repay his debts. If there's anything thieves can't stand is owing someone for their life.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:17 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, I recall your skills," said Nefertiri. "They will be most useful at Scaevola's villa. I think Adelphus can keep an eye on the Forum and handle whatever happens there, along with our messenger and some of our guards. Intercepting Scaevola is critical, so those of us here should head for the villa as soon as possible. Caelia Alba, you shall have your sedan and shall leave first. Then the rest of us will follow. I shall personally accompany you to make sure Scaevola dies, along with several of our guards, and we shall rescue Elizabeth's friends while we are there. Since we are leaving the city, we can bring weapons and armor. I have a feeling we will need them. Those of you who lack arms may borrow them from our armory."

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:35 am
by aine
Caelia bows her head. "I shall go then." She looks at Marcus, "Would you like to attempt your original plan? That I introduce you to Scaevola as a potential Brotherhood member? In which case, maybe you should come with me now; you can run along side the sedan."

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:13 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus nods steadily, accepting Caelia's offer.

"I trust you feel that they won't suspect you and so, I'll earn their trust myself, Lady Caelia" he said with confidence, before addressing Nefertiri. "Does this armory of yours have any kind of knives or daggers? I could use some for this task"

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:13 am
by Ritterton
Artemis pulled his pugio from within the folds of his belt. He grinned and then turned to Nefertiri, "A mace, I need a mace, and then part of me thinks a pillium or two would be really worth having."

His face takes on a grim determination familiar to any veteran across the ages.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:55 am
by andyw666
Lupus looks mildly satisfied with the turn of events. Always nice to have the tools of my trade at hand. On the topic...

"Ah, lady, I don't suppose your queen would have any horses to spare? I could make the journey much more quickly on horseback."

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:51 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus is used to walking, and carries no arms. Perhaps he can act as a distraction if Mars raises his bloody sword.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:56 am
by Ritterton
"Alright Titus, how about we at least have you use a pilium for a walking staff. That gives us the of those of needed." Artemis said aloud in response to Titus.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:20 am
by Mr. Handy
"We have a wide selection of knives, daggers, pila, maces, and swords, both Roman and Egyptian," said Nefertiri. "We also have armor in various sizes, and there are enough horses in our stables for all of us and the guards who will accompany us. You are right, speed will be of the essence."

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:03 am
by andyw666
Lupus almost smiles. He certainly raises an eyebrow happily to Artemis.

"Well, this means we have several trained soldiers, arms, armour and horses. And our more auxiliary auxiliaries." Lupus respectfully indicates Caelia and Titus. "This visit could be quite sporting." Lupus claps his hands together.

"When we approach, I may attempt to enter this villa quietly and from the rear, unnoticed. Hopefully, the opposition will be distracted by the young lady." Again, a nod to Caelia.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:11 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus stepped aside and laid his back upon a stone column.

"Perfect, then. Once we pick up our weapons we should be on our way, time doesn't wait for anybody." He said as he put the hood of his cucullus on and crossed his arms, still laying upon the column.

He then raised his head and looked at Caelia and Nefertiri, with his crooked smile. "Just say the word and we'll be on our way"

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:24 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus accepts the wooden staff gratefully. "Perhaps one of these steeds is of a mild temperament, and might be willing to carry an old carcass such as mine?"

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:51 am
by Ritterton
Artemis looked for armor that would fit. If they had horses, weapons, and a bit of surprise, this could be a quick military-like raid. He found a long mail coat that would slide over his tunic. He found a helmet that while a bit tarnished, it still had its cheek pieces. He looked about for a mace, and seeing a stout, Egyptian style mace with a polished red stone vase like shape. It felt good in his hand. He turned it about and could see that the stone was intricately carved with symbols and figures. He smiled, if he got back to his simple little village, the mace would look good hanging on the wall.

"Alright, I think I am ready." He grabbed the two piliums and leaned against them as the others geared up. He looked at the
Spoiler:
Ok, I am going to need some help with determining both the armor values and the mace value...

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:51 am
by Mr. Handy
"We do have such a horse," Nefertiri assured Titus as she led the group to the armory. In addition to various suits of armor and shields that were both decorative and functional, there were racks of weapons of various sorts, as well as some hanging on the walls. The Egyptian khopesh sword was the most common armament, but there were numerous other weapons, including Roman gladii of excellent quality, an entire rack full of pila, several maces, and knives of all shapes and sizes. There were also several Egyptian-style bows and quivers full of arrows.
OOC,Let me list the weapons and armor everyone has so far and the ones available in the armory here, along with their specifications. You may assume there are enough of each type in whatever size is required for whoever wants them. Armor deducts its Protection value from the damage you take from each hit. Please let me know when you're ready to go. [b]Elizabeth Young[/b]: Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (25%) [b]Tiberius Tullius Germanicus[/b]: Gladius: 1D6+1+db, may impale, may parry, Short Sword skill (64%) Leather and scale armor: Protection 6 [b]Claudius Marcius[/b]: Butcher's knife: 1D6+db, may impale, Knife skill (75%) Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (75%) [b]Caelia Alba[/b]: Scalpels: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (45%) [b]Titus Iunius Philo[/b]: Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (25%) Pilum: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Spear skill (15% melee/10% thrown [half db]) [b]Decius Lupus[/b]: Long sword: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Long Sword skill (75%) Medium shield: may deflect missile, Medium Shield skill (25%) Bow: 1D8+half db, may impale, two-handed, Bow skill (75%) Quiver of arrows Leather and scale armor: Protection 6 [b]Aricus Calldius Gladio[/b]: Gladius: 1D6+1+db, may impale, may parry, Short Sword skill (75%) Dagger: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (37%) Medium shield: may deflect missile, Medium Shield skill (42%) Leather and ring armor: Protection 5 [b]Artemis Gaius Sylvius[/b]: Mace: 1D6+db, may knock out, Small Club skill (45%) Pugio: 1D6+db, may impale, Knife skill (25%) 2 Pila: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Spear skill (15% melee/10% thrown [half db]) Chainmail armor: Protection 7/4 (vs. impaling or crushing attacks) [b]Spurius Papirius Valens[/b]: Pugio: 1D6+db, may impale, Knife skill (45%) 2 small knives: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (45%) Leather and scale armor: Protection 6 [b]Marcus Sabinus[/b]: Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (25%) [b]Armory[/b]: Dolabra (axe): 1D6+db, may impale, Axe skill (base 15%) Mace: 1D6+db, may knock out, Small Club skill (base 25%) Small knife: 1D4+db, may impale, Knife skill (base 25%) Pugio (large knife): 1D6+db, may impale, Knife skill (base 25%) Pilum (javelin): 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Spear skill (base 15% melee/10% thrown [half db]) Scimitar: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, may knock out, Long Sword skill (base 15%) Short spear: 1D6+db, may impale, may parry, Spear skill (base 15%) Staff: 1D6+db, may knock out, two-handed, Staff skill (base 25%) Gladius: 1D6+1+db, may impale, may parry, Short Sword skill (base 15%) Khopesh: 1D8+db, may impale, may parry, Long Sword skill (base 15%) Bow: 1D8+half db, may impale, Bow skill (base 15%) Quivers of arrows Small shield: Small Shield skill (base 15%) Medium shield: may deflect missile, Medium Shield skill (base 15%) Large shield: may deflect missile, Large Shield skill (base 15%) Soft leather armor: Protection 2 Hardened leather armor: Protection 3 Leather and ring armor: Protection 5 Leather and scale armor: Protection 6 Chainmail armor: Protection 7/4 (vs. impaling or crushing attacks)

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:19 am
by andyw666
OOC,Looks good to me! [b]Lupus[/b] hopefully already had 20 arrows in his quiver but if not, he will top it up from the Queen's stocks. Amo conventum institute.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:43 am
by yockenthwaite
Elizabeth looks around the armoury. "I am no fighter," she says to Nefertiri. "My best bet will be to stay out of any direct fight if need be, and have speed on my side to help. But I have a knife already, that I can use if need be. I don't think I will take any armour. But the others should be well equipped. It is quite a collection you have here!" she says, smiling.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:53 pm
by Victoria Silverwolf
"I thank you, dear lady," Titus says with a nod. "I am ready to ride with your valiant party, if only to serve as a witness."

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
"You are welcome," said Nefertiri, "and I thank you for your courage and steadfastness. You are wise, Elizabeth. As long as you stay in the rear and keep the knife out of sight unless it is needed, you should be fine. The enemy will most likely not consider you a threat." She takes a pugio and conceals it beneath her robes.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:32 pm
by Ritterton
OOC:   Thanks for the info, sorry, I thought we were walking into the armory.  

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:15 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That's okay, you're in the armory now, so at this point you arm yourself with no problem.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:43 am
by andyw666
Lupus checks his arrows carefully and considers. "Are we happy with the plan that the young ladies and our honoured augur approach this villa openly, with a suitable escort? While I - and anyone else who knows how to keep out of sight - try to find our way in from the rear?"

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:23 am
by Mr. Handy
"Not quite," said Nefertiri. "Elizabeth will not be accompanying Caelia Alba to the villa. She escaped from there, and if she's seen with her, it will give away the ruse. She should stay with the rest of us. Marcus Sabinus shall go ahead with the physician, as he offered, possibly posing as a new potential recruit. We can all ride together until we get somewhat near the villa, but we'll want them to head off before it is within sight."

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:56 am
by yockenthwaite
"Yes I'd give the game away, if I'm seen too soon," says Elizabeth, who was nodding as Nefertiri spoke. "That sounds like a good plan."

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:11 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus is amazed by the kind of weapons the armory had, this was a one-in-a-lifetime chance for him, he grabbed two relatively small daggers and set off to the door.

"I'm ready, Lady Caelia, say the word and we'll leave". He said as he laid upon the wall near the door, facing everyone as they were stocking up on weapons.

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:39 pm
by aine
Caelia has been checking her small medical pouch hidden in her robes and is now ready to leave. Then she has a thought, "If Scaevola has left the villa already, there is no point in you all attacking it. If someone can keep watch on Marcus and me when we arrive at the gate and ask the guards, we'll give a signal if Scaevola is still in residence."

She looks at Marcus, "What should it be? Three loud coughs maybe? If he is not there, we'll try to learn where he is and then go there. I'll be easy to spot in these bright yellow robes so the majority of you can follow Marcus and me. Hopefully, in that case, the villa will be easier for the rest to penetrate and rescue Elizabeth's friends."

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
"Perhaps a gesture would be better," said Nefertiri. "Whoever is watching for a signal should be at a distance so as not to arouse suspicion. Perhaps a lone traveler like Titus here, moving slowly down the road to Ostia. If we hope to catch Scaevola before he strikes, we had best leave now and spend no more time here."

Nefertiri picked out five Egyptian guards to join them and led the group to the stables, which had a wide variety of horses. There were fierce warhorses for the cavalrymen, as well as tamer ones for the augur and others who were less skilled at riding. They mounted up and set out quickly through Rome to the Ostia gate, passed through it without incident, and proceeded southwest along the road at speed. It did not take them long to get near Scaevola's villa. They stopped before a small rise that Elizabeth recognized as being right before the villa. It was not visible from here thanks to the hill, but that also meant that they were not visible from the villa.

"We are here," said Nefertiri. "Let us put the plan in motion. I wonder if Marcus Sabinus would be best employed accompanying Caelia Alba openly, or if he should use his talents to gain entrance surreptitiously. Scaevola may not trust someone new. On the other hand, Marcus runs the risk of getting caught if he attempts to sneak inside, and his record in that area is...shall we say less than perfect?" She gave the thief a wry look.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:09 am
by andyw666
"If you are good at being not seen, Marcus, you're welcome to come with me." Lupus pats his bow. "Hopefully we won't need this but still."

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:53 am
by aine
Caelia looks at Marcus, "I would really welcome the company but Nefertiri is right; I doubt Scaevola will have time to initiate you today what with everything happening today and he will not trust anyone who isn't one of the Brotherhood." She looks at Nefertiri, "I am ready to go to the gate. If Scaevola is home, I will rearrange my headress like this before entering." Caelia demonstates a slight adjustment. "Good luck everyone; may we prevail today!"

Caelia bows her head and smiles a little nervously, ready to depart.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus laughs openly at Nefertiri's coment. "Right where it hurts, I can promise you that won't happen again." he said looking at her directly in the eye.

"Yes, you're right, we need to move quickly and the time needed for that plan is something we don't have, let's stick to the original plan." He crosses his arms and ponders a little bit before coming out with an idea.

"If you need someone to watch over Caelia expecting the signal, I can keep an eye on her, I won't draw any attention to myself and will be able to notify you of the situation, however, I'll complete any task you choose to give me." He said while addressing Nefertiri, he wanted to prove her that he had what it took to do any job, his pride was hurt and he was going to fix it.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy
"I am glad to hear it," said Nefertiri with a nod and a smile. "Here is what we shall do. You shall wait until Caelia has had time to reach the entrance to the villa before proceeding down the road in the same direction, pretending to be a lone traveler heading for Ostia. You can watch for the signal. It will arouse no suspicion for you to be looking at Caelia the whole time, as she is a quite beautiful woman. However, you must not turn about and return down the road. The guards would notice that, and that would be suspicious. Instead, you will need to circle around the villa. You can either attempt to gain entry over the wall, or you can go all the way around the villa and report back to us. If Scaevola is not at home, we need to know. Otherwise, if we do not see you, we will assume you have gone inside and that Scaevola is at home. I know I can depend upon you, or I would not have recruited you. I wish you good fortune, both of you. Victory shall be ours, I can feel it."

Caelia walked over the rise and approached the villa. There were two of Scaevola's Egyptian guards standing on either side of the gate, and they opened it when they saw her coming. "Good morning, Lady Caelia," said one to her when she arrived. "Please, enter." At that time, Marcus reached the top of the small hill on the road.

Meanwhile, Decius Lupus set out around the side of the villa, the hill blocking him from the guards' view, heading for the rear.
OOC,Anyone who wishes to do go around to the rear of the villa with [b]Decius Lupus[/b] is free to do so.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:03 am
by Ritterton
Artemis looked about and while he was uncertain the best approach, he realized he would be able to help Lupus. "Ok, Lupus, I will join you and see if we can move into the villa another way."

Artemis followed along behind Lupus as they moved towards the side of the villa. He paused to see who else had decided to join them, then headed on behind Lupus.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:13 am
by Victoria Silverwolf
Titus agrees to follow at a distance, watching for the signal.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:49 pm
by aine
Caelia lifts her head imperiously. "Thank you, guard. Tell me, is Senator Scaevola here at home? I was hoping to see him before he left for the day."

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Artemis and Decius walked along the side of the estate's outer wall, heading for the rear.

Marcus trudged slowly down the road to the southwest. Titus crested the rise not far behind him.
Caelia Alba,"No, he left at dawn," replied the guard. "He has business in Rome, but he should be back by noon. You are welcome to come in and await his return."
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b] and [b]Titus[/b], please roll Listen. If you succeed, you may view the contents of the above spoiler button.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:49 am
by Victoria Silverwolf
Spoiler:
Listen = 25%[dice]0[/dice]
Titus rides along quietly on his gentle steed, not taking much notice of what is going on around him.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:54 am
by aine
Caelia shakes her head but does not adjust her headress.
Guard,[color=#0000BF]"No, I won't wait. When you see him, please tell him I was looking for him." [/color]It was unlikely a lowly guard would know the senator's location. Caelia considers entering the villa to help the other locate Elizabeth's friends but saving Caesar was far more important.
Caelia turns and walks away from the villa until she is out of sight of the gate. She looks around for Nefertiri.

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
The guards looked at each other as Caelia turned around. Then they rushed after her, and one of them seized her by the arm.
OOC,Guard 1's Grapple roll (45% skill) to grab [b]Caelia[/b]: [dice]0[/dice] Guard 2's Grapple roll (45% skill) to grab [b]Caelia[/b]" [dice]1[/dice]
Caelia Alba,"I am afraid we must insist," the guard who held [b]Caelia[/b] said.

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:10 pm
by aine
"Help! Help! Unhand me you oaf!" Caelia shouts loudly and imperiously but doesn't struggle too much.
"You can insist all you like, my man, but unless you have a good reason for your despicable behaviour, I shall see that you are carted back to Egypt and set to work in the swamps!"
She rounds on the other one, "And you too! Wipe that sneer off your face! Does Scaevola hire goatherders to guard his palace?" If she has a hand free, she attempts the sign of The Brotherhood.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Caelia made the gesture with her free hand, but the guards just shook their heads. The one who held her spoke quietly in Egyptian as he ushered her towards the open gates.
Caelia Alba,"You have betrayed the Brotherhood," he said. "Do not try to use it as a shield. [b]Akana[/b] was right to suspect you of treachery. Our master shall judge you when he returns."
OOC,Everyone can hear [b]Caelia[/b] shouting other than possibly [b]Decius[/b] and [b]Artemis[/b], who must succeed at a Listen roll to hear her. [b]Marcus[/b], if you hurry and you choose to approach, you can reach the area in front of the gates at the end of this round, but you will be able to do nothing else after you get there. [b]Titus[/b], you can get halfway there from where you are. [b]Decius[/b] and [b]Artemis[/b], you are currently about a third of the way along the side of the estate's perimeter wall, and it would take you two rounds to reach the corner. It would then take another two if you wanted to head for the gate. Everyone else is currently behind the hill and would take three rounds to reach the gate. You can all reach the top of the hill this round.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:36 am
by Ritterton
[Spoiler-Button] Listen roll [dice]0[/dice] against 50% - and yet another fail...lordy! :lol: :cry: [/Spoiler-Button]

The cool night air sent a chill over Artemis' shoulders and neck. He paused for a moment and then continued onward.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:22 pm
by andyw666
OOC,[b]Lupus[/b] has a [i]Listen[/i] skill of 25% and rolls... [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:30 pm
by andyw666
Lupus spins, readying his bow and an arrow. "Brother, I hear something amiss. The young lady at the front gate is in trouble. I think we are needed there."

Lupus starts running back towards the front gate.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:46 pm
by aine
Caelia stops walking, if she can, to delay the inevitable. "So are you going to throw me in a cell like a common slave? Or can I at least have the freedom of the villa until Scaevola returns?"
Status roll,(70%) Caelia attempts to use her status to gain some leniency (Roll:83)

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:12 am
by Mr. Handy
The guard spoke to Caelia in Egyptian again as he hustled her through the gates, overpowering her in spite of her dragging her feet.
Caelia Alba,"That will be up to [b]Akana[/b]," he said. "She is in charge while the master is away."
The other guard followed them through the open gates, back onto the estate's grounds. Marcus ran for them as fast as he could, but the gates slammed in his face.
OOC,Resistance Table roll (Guard's STR 13 vs. [b]Caelia[/b]'s STR 9: 70% chance) to drag [b]Caelia[/b] through the gate without help: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Marcus[/b]'s Listen roll (70% skill): [dice]1[/dice] [b]Marcus[/b], you may click the first two spoiler buttons for [b]Caelia Alba[/b], and you may also click the spoiler button for the guard between them, and read their contents. However, you may not click the two most recent spoiler buttons for [b]Caelia Alba[/b] unless you succeed at an Other Language: Egyptian roll. It has a 0!% base skill, but I'll increase that to 05% since you heard it so clearly due to the critical success on your Listen roll. [b]Caelia[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Trapped
OOC,Everyone else is moving to the thread linked below:
Alea Iacta Est