Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:06 am
by Mr. Handy
Scaevola's Villa- southwest of Rome, Italia
Before Dawn- March 15, 44 BC

The guard Story attacked tried to dodge aside, but all that meant was that he got hit in the head instead of the shoulder. His eyes rolled up and he collapsed, out like a light. The second one took another swipe at him, missing by mere inches. The guard chasing Elizabeth scrambled up the wall after her, but when he started to pull himself over the lip of the wall, he lost his grip and fell backwards, landing with a sickening crunch that caused him to scream in pain. "My ankle!" he cried. "I've twisted it!"

Meanwhile, the guard who had grabbed Brook dragged her out of the passage and back to the garden. She flailed at him, but it was useless. With one mighty arm, he pinned her arms to her sides, and he wrapped the other one around her throat. "I have the girl!" he called to Story. "She is not hurt - yet. Surrender now!"
OOC,First guard's Dodge roll (40% skill) to avoid [b]Story[/b]'s punch: [dice]0[/dice] Resistance Table roll (5 damage vs. guard's HP of 14: 5% chance) to see if guard is knocked out: [dice]1[/dice] Second guard's Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) attacking [b]Story[/b], knockout attempt: [dice]2[/dice] All Fist/Punch attacks have the option to be knockout attempts, and there's no real reason not to do so. I counted [b]Story[/b]'s punch as a knockout attempt, especially since the guard critically failed his Dodge roll, and it actually did the trick! [b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], you may act now. [b]Brook[/b], you are pinned and unable to break free as long as the guard holding you is conscious, unless he were to choose to release you for some reason. You also cannot use Fist/Punch attacks.

Re: IC-Ep 3-Vae Victis(Story/Lucius/Brook)

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:51 am
by Thorn
Brook looks wide eyed at Story, trying to keep her fear at bay. "No...I'm sorry, Story, I'm sorry! Just...just go! Do what you have to do!"

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:50 pm
by jaysun81
On instinct Story swings on the second guard as the other's fist flies past him.

Hearing the voice of Brook's captor he turns his attention to him he clenches his fist and prepares for another attack as fire burns in his eyes. He says to her captor, "If you hurt her you will suffer a fate far worse than death!" Taking a moment to scan the area and calculate the odds he says to Brook, "I can't do that. Not to you, not to Lucius."

In that moment as he looks at Brook and her words sink in the fire burns out and he assumes a neutral stance and says, "I surrender."
SUCCESS on the second unarmed guard,Fist/Punch - 60% Martial Arts(Venusian Karate) - 40% [dice]0[/dice] Damage (Assuming a failed dodge,otherwise ignore) Fist 1d3 (x2 Martial Arts) + DB = 2d3 + 1d4 [dice]1[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice] = [b]8 POINTS OF DAMAGE[/b]

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:27 am
by Mr. Handy
The other guard ducked, and Story's fist sailed overhead.

Scaevola raised a hand. "No harm is to come to them now," he said. "We must take them below. They will keep there until I have time to deal with them. But first, they must be searched."

Two more armed guards arrived from the corridor leading back to the atrium, followed by Akana. "They started a fire in your study, Dominus," she said. "I directed the other servants to put it out."

Scaevola frowned. "That is disappointing, but at least my most important writings are not kept there. Akana, search the girl."

"Yes, Dominus." She went over to Brook to pat her down while the guard facing Story did the same to him, and another one searched Lucius and took away his dagger.

This had gone very badly, but there were at least the consolations that Elizabeth had escaped and Lucius had survived - his chest rising and falling was proof of that.
OOC,Second guard's Dodge roll (40% skill) to avoid [b]Story[/b]'s attack: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], you may both roll Conceal to see how well you hid your knives and, in [b]Story[/b]'s case, the sonic screwdriver.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:58 am
by Thorn
Brook Conceal[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:30 pm
by jaysun81
FAILURE,Conceal - 15% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
Akana easily found the knife concealed under Brook's toga and took it away, admiring the blade. "Excellent quality," she said. "Is this Damascus steel, perhaps?"

Likewise, the guard searching Story confiscated his knife. He also noticed the sonic screwdriver and took it, looking at it with a puzzled expression. "What is this?"

"Some sort of magical device, perhaps," said Scaevola, approaching and taking it. "I shall have to study it later." He stowed it away on his person. "Come, let us get below. It will be dawn soon." He led the way through the doorway at the rear right of the garden, through which the first pair of guards had originally emerged. The guard who had searched Story brought him through, while the one holding Brook followed. The two armed guards with Akana picked up Lucius and carried him in after them, with Akana bringing up the rear.

They found themselves in a smaller indoor garden, which had some of the same plants as in the outdoor garden through which they had just passed, though only the smaller ones. It was lit by torches in sconces on the walls. There was a large wooden planter in the center with a large idol of Thoth looming behind it.

"What of the woman, Dominus?" asked Akana.

"She escaped," said Scaevola. "It is of no importance. What can one woman do on her own? In a few hours, none of it will matter anyway."
OOC,Guard's Spot Hidden roll (45% skill) to notice the sonic screwdriver: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:20 pm
by jaysun81
Story remains quiet as they walk.
OOC,Spot Hidden - 28% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:37 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks worriedly at Lucius, but doesn't say anything.

Spot hidden: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:13 am
by Mr. Handy
The two guards carrying Lucius set him down and took hold of opposite ends of the planter. They slid it to the side, revealing a dark opening beneath it that had been covered by the planter. Rough-hewn stone stairs descended into blackness. Scaevola took a lit torch from a sconce at the rear of the garden, behind the large idol. Then the guards took up Lucius again and the procession continued down the stairs, soon arriving in a cavern that was anything but natural. It was rectangular, with smooth walls carved out of the earth. At the far end of the long room was an archway flanked by two torches, which were not lit. Before the archway stood a large idol of Anubis, some twelve feet tall and nearly scraping the ceiling. He held a pair of scales in one hand. Another archway led to the right, also with unlit torches on either side.
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] spotted a clay bangle lying half-hidden in the grass next to the planter. This must have been the sign that [b]Caelia[/b] had left to indicate where the secret entrance was.
OOC,[b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], please roll Listen.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:18 am
by jaysun81
OOC,Listen - 34% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:38 am
by Thorn
Listen[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:03 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] could hear snoring coming from the archway to the right.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:09 am
by Thorn
Brook looks towards the right archway, curious and worried. She glances to Story, hoping to catch his eye, and nods slightly towards where she can hear something. Although it's hard to move in the tight grip the guard has on her.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:25 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius cough, his blood was dripping on the ground, marking his path as the guard bring him probably to his last day...

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:22 am
by Mr. Handy
Scaevola led the group through the archway to the right and into a large chamber with a similar archway at the far end. To the left were six alcoves with beds, and upon each one lay a sleeping humanoid creature that looked to be part man, part animal. One had the head of a jackal, one an ibis, another a crocodile. The others had the heads of a lion, a horse, and a bull. The sight of things that were so close to human, yet clearly were not, was all the more horrifying.
OOC,[b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], please roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d8. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, please roll Idea. Succeeding at the Idea roll means you go temporarily insane. [b]Lucius[/b], being unconscious, does not roll.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:29 am
by Thorn
Brook Sanity [dice]0[/dice], sanity loss (if fail) [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:51 pm
by jaysun81
FAILURE,Sanity - 79% [dice]0[/dice] Sanity Loss - [dice]1[/dice] Idea - 65% [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook had seen a lot of strange creatures in her travels, and she took these in stride. So had Story, but he was deeply disturbed. There was just something wrong with them.

"Ah," said Scaevola. "You've noticed the children of the Sphinx. They are...useful servants. This way." He led the group towards the archway. In the rear left corner of the room, past the last alcove with a sleeping creature, was a small, foul-smelling hole that was undoubtedly a latrine.

They passed through the archway and into another large room. This one was a dead end, with no other exits. It had another latrine in one corner, though the hole was too small for anyone to fit. Six lengthy chains were secured to the rear wall, each one ending in a manacle. The guards affixed one to each of Story's, Lucius's and Brook's ankles, then set their prisoners down.

"If you need anything while you are my...guests," said Scaevola, "I'm sure the children will be happy to help. I wish I could stay and talk, but I have a date with destiny."
OOC,[b]Story[/b] failed his Idea roll, so he does not go temporarily insane.

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:55 am
by jaysun81
Once Scaevola leaves, Story looks at Brook and says, "I am sorry..."

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:55 am
by Thorn
Brook shakes her head a little. "We tried....and we're not dead yet...At least I hope not.." She kneels by Lucius to see if he's still alive, trying to stop the bleeding if she can.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:11 am
by Mr. Handy
Scaevola, the guards, and Akana left the room, leaving the captives alone. A wave of exhaustion and despair washed over them. They had been awake all day and nearly all night, plus however much time they'd been awake before they'd arrived in Rome. They had failed, and now they were trapped and guarded by terrifying monsters. Elizabeth was their only hope.
OOC,[b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], please roll CON x 5. If you succeed, you may each attempt to roll First Aid to treat [b]Lucius[/b]'s injury. If that succeeds, he gets 1d3 HP back, but only one successful First Aid roll can be applied to him.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:42 pm
by Thorn
Brook conx5 [dice]0[/dice]
First aid [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:04 am
by jaysun81
As Brook moves over to Lucius, Story exhales deeply and slumps against the wall in frustration, regret, and exhaustion upon seeing her do what limited first aid that could be accomplished. After a moment in a near whisper as if that's all the strength Story can muster he says, "How is he?"
OOC,CON - 10 (x5) = 50% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy
Both Story and Brook were overcome, and they both fell asleep where they lay. They, along with Lucius, awoke an indeterminate amount of time later, but they no longer felt quite so exhausted. The despair lingered, however.

Brook was able to bind Lucius's wound. She had to tear material off of the hem of her toga to make an improvised bandage.
OOC,[b]Brook[/b], please roll 1d3 to see how many HP [b]Lucius[/b] regains. You are all awake now.

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:28 am
by Thorn
Brook [dice]0[/dice]

Brook opens her eyes, then closes them again, hoping it will all go away. Then she sighs, and opens them again to see how the others are doing. She lifts herself up on an elbow to check on Lucius. Seeing he's awake, she smiles relieved. "Oh, good. I didn't know if....if you'd wake up again."

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:32 am
by jaysun81
Story looks at the chain on his ankle and jingles it. "Perhaps I could regenerate into a judoon and bust our way out of here." He offers a weak smile before exhaling and stands to his feet to stretch. Looking at Brook's first aid he commends her, "Well done, considering we have no real medical supplies." He moves towards his Roman companion and says, "Lucius, my friend... I'm sorry to have got you into this pickle."

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:33 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius wake up in pain. Looking to his friends he says:"It seems we did not escape... How much time have I been out? Where are we ? ". He does not recognize whats around him.

Lucius was a bit lost after that trauma. He looks at his wound that was patched up: "Thank you friends, I would not have make it without you, I'll never thank you enough".

Lucius was starting to regain his senses a little by little. "Where is Elizabeth?!? Did she made it? ".

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:48 am
by Thorn
Brook nods. "Elizabeth got away. Let's hope she can find some help. Now, I don't think you should move too much, unless we absolutely have to." She looks from Lucius to Story.

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:19 am
by jaysun81
Story looks from Lucius to Brook as he says, "Your doctor is correct. Try to get as much rest as you can for now." Running his hand through his hair he says, "So... did you notice anything that could be useful as they brought us down here? Unfortunately I must confess that I did not."

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:07 am
by Thorn
Brook thinks. "Well...I noticed a clay bangle near the hidden entrance. Perhaps it's Caelia's sign. And that means they could find us if Elizabeth gets back to them." She looks a little hopeful at the others.

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:47 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

He look at brook and say:"Yes it is hers for sure. She told me that she marked the entrance with her bangle. I just hope it will help the friends to find us... If Elizabeth can make it to them." Lucius try to get a hold to raise himself a little to get a better look of what surround him.
spot hidden 61,[dice]0[/dice]
idea,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:21 am
by Mr. Handy
There was faint torchlight in the distance beyond the archway, which was the only reason they could see anything at all, but there was really nothing much to see.
Lucius Verres,[b]Lucius[/b] knew that [b]Elizabeth[/b] was their best chance to get out of here. The manacles kept them trapped in this room, and the creatures in the room beyond made effective guards, though it might be possible to slip past them. The manacles were tight, but there was a small chance someone could compress a foot and slide it out of them. It might also be possible, though difficult, to break the chains at the point where they met the wall. The most likely chance would be to pick the locks on the manacles, but they didn't have anything to use as a lockpick. Even if they did, they'd have to do it three times. Of course, anyone checking on them would notice if one or more of them got loose. [spoiler]If you want to try to slip your foot free, please roll DEX x 1. If you want to try to break the chain free from the wall, please roll STR x 1.[/spoiler]

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:17 pm
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius can't see much unfortunately. Looking at his friends he says:"Listen, I know that Elizabeth coming with help is our best bet of getting out of here alive but just sitting here hoping for help to come is not helping us. Can we get out of those chains in anyway?? What do you think?

Looking down to his manacles he try to slowly slip his foot out.
dex x 1,[dice]0[/dice] I rolled a d100 i dont know if it's how its done tell me if i need to do otherwise.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius tried to compress his foot and squeeze it out of the manacle, but all he did was cause himself more pain.
OOC,You did it exactly right, but the roll failed. [b]Lucius[/b], you may not attempt that again, but you may still try once to break the chain off where it joins the wall by rolling STR x 1. [b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], you may each, if you wish, make one attempt to squeeze your foot through the manacle by rolling DEX x 1 on 1d100 and/or one attempt to break the chain off from the wall by rolling STR x 1.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:56 am
by Thorn
Inspired by Lucius' attempt, Brook also tries to slip her foot out of the manacle.

Dex x 1 [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:33 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

After a few try to slip his foot out without success, Lucius sat down thinking on an other solution. Looking around seeing Brook trying to do the same without success made him think that it was probably not the solution. He looked at his friends and say "Do one of you habe a better idea to get out of those?? I was thinking that if we can be two to pull on one chain maybe we could rip it out of the wall but it would make lots of noise if we succeed. An other alternative would be to pick those locks but I have nothing on me to do so. Do someone have something left on him? "

He suddenly turn to brook with an hopeful face and ask:"Brook! Do you have a pin in your hair that they could have forgot to take from you?? ! "

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:48 am
by Thorn
OOC: She could have,I haven't specified it, though, and the guards might have taken it if she had. Mr. Handy, what do you say?

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:20 am
by jaysun81
Story sits there quietly as he is tugging at his manacle. Hoping to pull his foot free.
OOC,DEX - 12 [dice]0[/dice] STR - 14 [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Story slowed down his breathing, relaxed his muscles, and compressed his foot, using a technique that he had learned from Harry Houdini. Slowly but surely, he managed to slip out of his manacle.
OOC,[b]Akana[/b] probably wouldn't have noticed a hairpin or thought to remove it if she had. One good thing about traveling back in time is that all the old tricks are new again. As to whether or not you actually have a pin, [b]Brook[/b], please roll Luck.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:26 am
by Thorn
Brook Luck [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:13 pm
by Mr. Handy
Brook did not have a pin in hair. She was just letting it hang loose.

Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:01 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks apologetically at Lucius. "Sorry, no. I don't have one."

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:06 am
by jaysun81
Story rubs his foot that was previously bound as he says, "Thanks Harry, your training has paid off." A renewed sense of hope pours over him.
OOC,I assume I need to roll for my other foot?

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, there's no need to roll again. They only manacled one of each of your legs.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:44 am
by jaysun81
Story stands and jogs in place for a moment before looking around the room and saying, "Now... let's see what we can do to get you both free." Clinging to the wall he slides up to the exit in order to hear any movement beyond the dead-end room of their imprisonment. Satisfied that he hears nothing, he peeks through the archway to see what lays beyond their location. Hoping to see something that he could use to help free his companions.
FAILURE,Listen - 34% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:15 am
by Mr. Handy
Story saw nothing he hadn't seen before in the outer room, and none of it looked particularly helpful. The creatures looked very unhelpful, but fortunately they were still sleeping in their beds.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], if you want to leave the room you're in, please roll Sneak.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:22 am
by jaysun81
Before attempting to sneak out of the room they find themselves in Story looks at his companions and says, "I'll be back." He then flashes a smile and steps out.
FAILURE,Sneak - 10% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 am
by Mr. Handy
The lion-headed creature stirred and awakened, and the bull-headed one also came to with a snort. Both of them rose when they saw Story.
OOC,Listen rolls for the creatures (25% base skill): [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:31 am
by jaysun81
Story smiles at the beastmen, lifts his hand and waves as he says, "Hello. Um, pardon me Mr. Lion, Mr. Bull. I came down to check on the... prisoners. I didn't mean to disturb your slumber. The time for you to wake hasn't come. So, feel free to lay back down. Again, I'm sorry." He smiles hoping for the best, all the while he begins to prepare his body for defense as his Venusian Karate training taught him.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:02 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Fast Talk.

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:21 am
by jaysun81
FAILURE,Fast Talk - 05% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:58 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius look at Brook and say:"Don't worry Brook it was a last resort idea! " Lucius turn back to his chains and say:"I guess my only option is try to break free now."

Lucius put his two feet against the wall and tighten his chain with his arms and start pulling as hard as he can using his legs and arms.
str 13,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:24 am
by Thorn
Hearing Story speak to the creatures outside, Brook also feels it urgent to break free, and tries to pull the chain from the wall, like Lucius.

Brook Strength[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:18 am
by Mr. Handy
The lion-man and the bull-man advanced slowly on Story. They clearly weren't buying it.

It took all of his strength, but Lucius managed to break the chain free from the wall with a loud snap! Try as she might, Brook could not duplicate his feat.

In the other room, the jackal-headed and ibis-headed creatures awoke at the sound.
OOC,You may all act before the creatures do. [b]Lucius[/b], if you follow [b]Story[/b], you will not be able to attack this round, but you will see the creatures and must roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d8. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. Succeeding at this roll means you go temporarily insane. [b]Brook[/b], you have already failed to slip and break free, so you cannot try either of those again. Creatures' Listen rolls (25% base skill) to hear the chain break: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:21 am
by Thorn
Brook stops moving, afraid to make any more noise. She holds her breath and looks at Lucius.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:08 pm
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius look at brook trying to break of her chain without success. Seeing the desperation in her eyes he told himself he needed to do something. He position himself just like he did on his chain and try to pull it out." Brook! Together we can make it!"

He pull with all his strenght.
Occ,Not sure what to roll here. Just my str or combine with the one of Brook?
str 13,CRITICAL FAIL [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:31 pm
by Thorn
OOC: rolled an 83 on strength, no luck.

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:05 am
by jaysun81
Story knew what was coming so before the creatures can pounce he springs into action attacking the Lion-Man.
SUCCESS,Fist/Punch - 60% Martial Arts(Venusian Karate) - 40% [dice]0[/dice] Damage (Assuming a failed dodge,otherwise ignore) Fist 1d3 (x2 Martial Arts) + DB = 2d3 + 1d4 [dice]1[/dice] + [dice]2[/dice] = [b]5 POINTS OF DAMAGE[/b]

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:54 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius strained his muscles attempting to break the chain, and he cried out in pain. Neither he nor Brook had any chance of breaking it.

The jackal-man and ibis-man rose and closed in on Story. The remaining two creatures also awakened at the sound of Lucius's scream.

Story's blow staggered the lion-man, but it did not fall. Then the minotaur circled around and socked him hard in the side of the head!
OOC,Lion-man's parry roll (50% base skill) to block [b]Story[/b]'s attack: [dice]0[/dice] Lion-man's Dodge roll (16% base skill) to avoid [b]Story[/b]'s attack: [dice]1[/dice] Knockout chance for [b]Story[/b]'s punch (Resistance table roll: Damage 5 vs. HP 13: 10% chance): [dice]2[/dice] Bull-man's Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) attacking [b]Story[/b], knockout attempt: [dice]3[/dice] Damage to [b]Story[/b] from bull-man's punch: [dice]4[/dice]+[dice]5[/dice] Knockout chance for Bull-man's punch (Resistance table roll: Damage 7 vs. HP 13: 20% chance): [dice]6[/dice] [b]Story[/b], please roll CON x 5 to stay conscious.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:25 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius almost crying in pain look at Brook with a really sad face and say"I'm so sorry Brook, I could not free you. It's too painful. " Lucius try to put himself back up fighting all the pain, he head toward the corridor where Story is and peek to see what is happening.

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:52 am
by Thorn
"Careful, your wound!" Brook cautions before Lucius enters the corridor. She looks around for something to defend herself with, even though she is still chained to the wall.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:42 am
by Mr. Handy
As Lucius started towards the exit from the chamber, he noticed that the strain had indeed reopened his wound. However, he could still see what was happening in the other room through the opening.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:30 pm
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius peeked in the corridor and see Story get hit hard. He turned around looking at Brook:"Brook! Story is in trouble we need to find a way to help." he start thinkering... "What if... What if... we grab my chain and pass it from one side of the corridor openin to the other and when the 'thing' arrive we try to make it trip and... I dont know ... When it is on the ground I try to strangle it with the chain.

He told all that nervously to Brook not knowing what else to do.

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:53 pm
by jaysun81
OOC,Con - 10 (×5 = 50) [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm
by Thorn
She nods, anxiously. "Alright...I guess we're all out of other options..."

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:07 pm
by alazred
Lucius Verres

"I know that it's a long shot but we at least need to try something." Lucius go slolwy in position on the right side of the doorway leaving the other end of the chain on the left side for Brook to pull when the "thing" will pass through.

"Brook, when it pass pull hard and when it fall let let the chain, go ill try to do the rest." He told her with a low voice.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:26 am
by Mr. Handy
Story fell after taking the mighty blow, clearly unconscious. The lion-man and bull-man picked him up and carried him back towards the chamber where Lucius and Brook waited with the chain. The other four creatures were not far behind them.
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], please roll Conceal.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:45 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Once on his side of the arch Lucius try his best to stay out of sight from the 'things'.
conceal-45 Failed,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:53 am
by Thorn
Brook conceal [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:13 am
by Mr. Handy
None of the creatures noticed the chain in the darkness - at least until Lucius and Brook pulled it taut between them, and lion-head and bull-head tripped over it and went sprawling to the ground, dropping the unconscious Story.
OOC,Creatures' Spot Hidden rolls (25% base skill): [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice] [dice]5[/dice] [b]Lucius[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], you may act now. Attempting to strangle a creature with the chain is uses Garotte skill, which has a base level of 15%.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:33 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Without loosing a second Lucius jump on the back of the creature make a turn around his neck with his chain an with his two hands and all his weight pulled the chain tight just like if he wanted to rip his head off.
garotte-15% Failed,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:20 pm
by Thorn
Brook tries to reach Story to pull him away from the fight if possible.

Brook strength [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:45 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook tried to move Story, but he was simply too big and heavy. The creatures ignored her; all of their attention was focused on Lucius.

Lucius tried to wrap the chain around the lion-man's neck, but it flailed at him wildly. This kept him from looping the chain, but the blows were too inaccurate to strike him. However, the minotaur had no such distraction. With a loud snort, it landed a savage blow on Lucius's head that laid him out and sent him sprawling on top of Story, unconscious. The blow could have killed him, but luckily the beast was trying to knock him out and keep him alive.

The jackal-man and the ibis-man entered the chamber, the remaining two creatures close behind.
OOC,Lion-man's Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) attacking [b]Lucius[/b], knockout attempt: [dice]0[/dice] Bull-man's Fist/Punch roll (50% base skill) attacking [b]Lucius[/b], knockout attempt: [dice]1[/dice] Damage to [b]Lucius[/b] from bull-man's punch: [dice]2[/dice]+[dice]3[/dice] Resistance Table roll (6 damage vs. 4 HP: 60% chance) to knock out [b]Lucius[/b]: [dice]4[/dice] I forgot to ask for a Sanity roll when [b]Lucius[/b] saw the creatures. [b]Lucius[/b], please roll Sanity now. Sanity loss is 0/1d8. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, you must roll Idea. If that roll succeeds, you go temporarily insane. If that happens, it will have been a delayed reaction. You cannot act now, however, as you are unconscious (fortunately not dead, as the minotaur was going for a knockout). [b]Brook[/b], to move [b]Story[/b] by yourself, you need to succeed on a Resistance Table roll pitting your STR (10) against his SIZ (16), giving you only a 20% chance. That roll failed. You may act now if you wish.

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:43 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres
sanuty check,[dice]0[/dice] if fail [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:59 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b], please roll Idea. Regardless of whether or not you go temporarily insane, you will also go indefinitely insane, as you have lost at least 20% of your current Sanity within one hour. If you do go temporarily inasne, which is highly likely, you will pick up another point of Cthulhu Mythos.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:11 am
by Thorn
Brook gasps as Lucius is knocked out and lands on top of Story. Now with both her companions unconscious, she finds herself alone with the four hybrids, and withdraws as far as the chain will allow, watching them wide eyed.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres
Idea-80,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:18 am
by Mr. Handy
The four creatures dragged the unconscious men to the rear of the room while the other two stepped into the entrance to the chamber. They watched Brook, but they left her alone. They chained two of the manacles around Story's wrists and the other two around Lucius's. Then they left them lying on the floor and returned to the entryway. All six of the beastmen stood there, watching.
Lucius Verres,Type of long-term temporary insanity: [dice]0[/dice] Duration of temporary insanity (hours times 10): [dice]1[/dice] Months of indefinite insanity: [dice]2[/dice] [b]Lucius[/b], your indefinite insanity, which will hit you when you wake up, is a severe phobia of the creatures you saw. It lasts for the next 90 hours. You will imagine you see them everywhere, even when they are not present. After it ends, your indefinite insanity kicks in (in addition to the Rhabdophobia from which you already suffer). It is Zoophobia, fear of animals. It will last for two months.
OOC,[b]Brook[/b], if you wish, you may attempt First Aid rolls. You may make one try to heal [b]Story[/b] and two to heal [b]Lucius[/b], who has two different wounds. If your first attempt to heal either one succeeds, roll 1D3 to see how many HP he recovers (though [b]Lucius[/b] will get back a maximum of 2 from that roll, even if you roll a 3). If your second attempt to heal [b]Lucius[/b] succeeds, whether or not the first one fails, you do not need to roll 1D3, as that injury is only one point. Also, whoever you successfully treat with First Aid will immediately awaken.

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:54 am
by Thorn
Trembling slightly, Brook moves over to Story and Lucius, keeping an eye on the Creatures. When they make no move to stop her, she kneels by the two men, and tries to help them as best she can.

Brook first aid Story [dice]0[/dice] HP if successful: [dice]1[/dice]
First aid Lucius 1: [dice]2[/dice] HP if successful: [dice]3[/dice]
First aid Lucius 2: [dice]4[/dice] HP if successful: [dice]5[/dice]

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Try as she might, Brook could not revive her friends. However, she knew that their injuries were not life-threatening, and that they would awaken on their own in time.
OOC,[b]Brook[/b], please let me know if you'd like to do anything else, or if you just want to wait for them to recover.

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:58 am
by Thorn
Brook tries to at least make sure Story and Lucius are lying sideways, like she's seen on TV and learned along the way, unless Lucius' wound makes it difficult. She casts glances at the hybrid creatures in the doorway, hoping they'll retreat to their chamber soon. It is kind of unnerving to have them standing there, watching. "Go back to sleep," she says. "I'll watch them."

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
The jackal-headed creature opened its mouth in silent laughter, but otherwise they ignored Brook and continued watching the prisoners. They didn't do anything but stand there and stare, but it was still creepy.

Eventually, Story awakened to find two of the manacles tight about his wrists and his head a throbbing mess. Lucius still lay unconscious, in a similar state. Brook was at least unhurt. The beastmen all stood in the exit from the room in a rough semicircle, watching them.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], you may also make one First Aid attempt on yourself and two on [b]Lucius[/b], as described above.

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:44 pm
by Thorn
Brook breathes a sigh of relief when Story opens his eyes. "Oh thank goodness. I couldn't wake you guys. Lucius is still in bad shape, I think, but alive..."

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:37 pm
by jaysun81
Story faintly smiles at Brook and says, "I guess I really should have had a better plan in mind." He moves over to Lucius to look him over and see if he can do anything before he does the same with himself.
First Aid rolls,First Aid - 46% Lucius attempt 1 SUCCESS: [dice]0[/dice] Health Restored to Lucius (attempt 1): [dice]1[/dice] Lucius attempt 2 FAILED: [dice]2[/dice] Attempt at self treatment SUCCESS: [dice]3[/dice] Health Restored to self: [dice]4[/dice]

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:02 pm
by Thorn
"Do you think they're aliens?" Brooks asks quietly, meaning the hybrids in the doorway.

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:15 pm
by jaysun81
Looking over at Brook momentarily Story says, "It's possible, but they could also be a twisted blending of man and beast accomplished by means of a ritual of some sort." Glancing at the creatures he continues, "If that be the case I pity the men who were consumed."

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:54 pm
by Mr. Handy
Lucius slowly came to his senses. His first reaction was to shrink back against the wall in terror when he saw the six creatures observing them.
OOC,[b]Lucius[/b], you may attempt to make a single First Aid roll to try to close up the wound that reopened. You only lost 1 HP from that, so that is all you'll get back if you succeed, and there is no need to make a further roll.

Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:04 am
by Thorn
Brook nods to Story, then looks from Lucius to the beastmen when he wakes and looks at them in terror. "Please, could you just stand in the corridor or something? What can we do? Nothing, that's what, there's really no need to hover like that."

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:28 am
by Mr. Handy
The creatures just stood there, staring. It wasn't clear whether they could even understand her speech, or if they were just ignoring her.

Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:27 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius slowly woke up from his knock out. The first thing he saw were those animals from an other world. He started to freak out. The fear inside him was just too intense and horrifying. The chills were passing through his whole body, he could not stand the views of those creatures. He closed his eyes and turned toward the wall praying that they would go away. "Go away... go AWAYS... (screaming) GO AWAYYYYYYY!"

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:14 am
by jaysun81
Story moves over to his friend, resting his hand on Lucius' shoulder as he awkwardly attempts to comfort him he says, "Lucius, snap out of it. I'm sorry my friend. I truly am, but you must find comfort in knowing you're not alone."

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:26 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Story[/b] or [b]Brook[/b] could provide temporary relief to [b]Lucius[/b] by succeeding at a Psychoanalysis roll, but the base skill is only 1%. You're welcome to try, however.

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 am
by jaysun81
FAILURE,Psychoanalysis - 01% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:02 am
by Thorn
Brook psychoanalysis[dice]0[/dice]

Brook tries to comfort Lucius as well, blocking his view of the beastmen. "They're just standing there, not doing anything. I tried to tell them to go away, but I'm not sure they understood me."

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:14 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius with the help of his friends calm down. Without turning around Lucius try to fix his bleeding wound a bit.
First aid 34,[dice]1[/dice] If good [dice]0[/dice] health back (max1)

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:07 am
by Mr. Handy
Story and Brook were unable to calm Lucius's fears. He was still able to function with some semblance of rationality, he merely remained terrified of the hybrid creatures, so much so that his hands shook and he could not rebind his wound.

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:03 pm
by Thorn
Brook tries to help Lucius with the bandaging, but there's just not much to work with. She awkwardly pats his shoulder to comfort him, and turns to glare a bit at the hybrids. "You can go now. I'd say your work here is done."

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:06 am
by Mr. Handy
The beastmen glared back, unmoving.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I forgot to mention this before. [b]Lucius[/b], you may roll Cthulhu Mythos.

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:55 pm
by Thorn
Brook sighs and sits with her back against the wall. She watches Lucius with concern, and tries to keep the nagging anxiety about what will happen to them at bay.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 am
by alazred
Lucius Verres

Lucius with the face still at the wall and the creature out of his sight was finally calming down. But his mind was still racing to find a way out of there far from those beast.
Mythos 5%,[dice]0[/dice]
Idea 80%,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:57 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius Verres,The only way out was through those creatures. [b]Lucius[/b] knew from bitter experience that they could not hope to overcome them by themselves. Trying it had only gotten them injured. Their only hope was that [b]Elizabeth[/b] would bring back help.

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:52 pm
by Thorn
Brook fiddles discreetly with the manacle on her leg, while trying to come up with a cunning plan to escape.

Idea: [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook Davies,Escape seemed impossible as long as these creatures were watching them. Fighting them by themselves was clearly out of the question, as she had seen what happened the last time they had tried. Their only hope was that [b]Elizabeth[/b] would bring back help.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:19 pm
by jaysun81
Seeing the futility of their resistance Story exhales deeply and resigns himself to their momentary fate. He leans his head upon the wall and closes his eyes. As he does he says, "Don't struggle my friends... just rest. We're going to need all of our strength when the time comes."

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:29 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks at Story, and says quietly:"I just wanted to say...It's been great travelling with you. A series of adventures. I would never have experienced them without you. Thank you."

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:56 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks over at Brook and a tear runs down his cheek. He momentarily smiles at her whiling saying, "It has been an honor my dear." He wipes the tear away and looks towards Lucius before once more leaning his head against the wall and closing his eyes.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:41 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone, please roll Listen.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:17 pm
by Thorn
Brook Listen [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:06 pm
by Mr. Handy
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] could clearly hear the sound of something heavy being moved in the distance and above.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:08 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks at the other two. "Did you hear that?" she whispers.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:32 pm
by jaysun81
Story opens his eyes and casually sits up as he also hears something. In response to Brook's query he merely gives her a lazy thumbs up in hopes of not rousing the beastmen's attention.
SUCCESS,Listen - 34% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:04 pm
by Mr. Handy
Story,[b]Story[/b] could clearly hear the sound of something heavy being moved in the distance and above.

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:18 pm
by alazred
Lucius slowly turn toward Brook with interogation on his face. He then concentrate opening his ears. Hoping to ear help arriving.

Unfortunately he heard nothing.
Listen 50%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Story/Brook Davies,[b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b] could hear [b]Caelia[/b] call out from the direction of the earlier sound: "Please stop! Let me help this guard, he's badly wounded; I'm a surgeon and if he's not tended to immediately you might lose him." "There's no time," said [b]Akana[/b]. "Your friends are too near. Get her below. You two hide the entrance, then join the fight." Footsteps sounded on the stairs as the heavy object was moved again, and they walked past the entrance to the creatures' room, though the beasts themselves blocked anyone from view. It sounded like there were three people. "Nobody will find you down here," [b]Akana[/b] said. "[b]Scaevola[/b] may have been blinded by his infatuation for you, but I saw through you. Did you really think you could supplant me?"

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:31 am
by Mr. Handy
Story/Brook Davies,The footsteps proceeded past the doorway leading to the creatures' room. "I can't think of one reason I'd wish to supplant you, whoever you are. You can't be that important in [b]Scaevola[/b]'s mind else I'd have heard of you." [b]Caelia[/b] replied haughtily. "It must be dire having to spend most of your time below ground in these damp caves. You yourself must be infatuated with [b]Scaevola[/b] to ever put up with this lifestyle." "I spend most of my time in the villa above," said [b]Akana[/b], "and I am not infatuated with [b]Scaevola[/b]. I [i]love[/i] him, and he loves me. I am his apprentice, and he has taught me much of the ways of magic. Hold her down on the altar."

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:54 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks at Story, alarmed. "What can we do?!" She looks to their guards, in dismay, realising there's nothing they can do to help Caelia. Being a teenager, she does the only thing she can think of: screams at the top of her lungs, hoping to at least distract the guards.

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Story/Brook Davies,"Who's that?" asked [b]Caelia[/b]. "What's happening?"
"Help!" came Caelia's scream from the distance, loud enough for everyone to hear.
Story/Brook Davies,"It is just one of the prisoners," said [b]Akana[/b]. "She must have gotten a look at one of her...guards." The sound of the heavy object being moved in the distance and above came again.

Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:05 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks at the beastmen and shouts, "Quick you fools! We may be prisoners, but we don't wish to die by the hands of a traitor. Out there..." He points in the direction of Caelia's voice, "a member of the Brotherhood is about to be murdered by a traitor! Can't you hear their scuffle?" He shakes his bindings, "We're going nowhere, you made sure of that. Scaevola would be proud. However, he will be quiet upset if you let a companion of his be murdered behind your backs all because you choose to ignore the situation at hand!"

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:36 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Fast Talk. [b]Lucius[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], you may also attempt Fast Talk rolls.

Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
The creatures wavered uncertainly for a moment, but in the end they remained where they were.
OOC,To keep things moving, I'll roll Fast Talk for everyone: [b]Story[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (5% base skill) to convince the creatures to leave: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Lucius[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (5% base skill) to convince the creatures to leave: [dice]1[/dice] [b]Brook[/b]'s Fast Talk roll (30% skill) to convince the creatures to leave: [dice]2[/dice]
Story/Brook Davies,Footsteps could be heard descending the stairs.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
Story/Brook Davies,The footsteps continued past, fading into the distance. "We have captured three more prisoners, [b]Akana[/b]," announced the a man's voice from the direction the footsteps had gone. "The rest were slain in battle. We have also taken some casualties."
"Not another step, or she dies!" Akana shouted. "What treachery is this?! When you take prisoners, it is customary to disarm them!"

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:05 am
by jaysun81
Story looks at his companions before looking back at the beastmen. Wishing there was something they could do.

Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:03 pm
by Thorn
Brook sighs, having achieved nothing. She looks at the hybrids, muttering under her breath.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
The voices in the distance were now raised enough that all could hear them.

"Stop!" bellowed Decius Lupus. "Your fight is lost! We outnumber you and there is nowhere to go! Surrender now and you will not be mistreated. I will deliver you to Senator Germanicus who will see you get a fair trial." He paused. "I have a lot of blood on my hands today and would prefer no more be added. But by all the gods, if you harm that lady, I will slay you here and now."

"A sacrifice without the correct incantations and procedure would surely be a waste!" muttered Caelia.

"Great Thoth!" shouted Titus. "Master of law and wisdom! Behold the blasphemous behavior of one who claims to serve you!"

"We shall see who Thoth believes to be his true follower when he arrives!" declared Akana imperiously. "I think I know how a fair trial would go, so I will not be surrendering - but you will if you have any sense. Caelia Alba is correct that it would be wasteful to sacrifice her without the proper rituals, so I hope I do not need to waste her. Drop your weapons, all of you. You have until I finish chanting." With that, she began to sing, invoking the names of Thoth and Anubis.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:24 pm
by jaysun81
Story throws caution to the wind and yells the others hear him, "Don't you know it's rude to not invite everyone to the party?"

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy
There was the twang of a string, and the singing was cut off abruptly.

"Story, we're in here!" called Elizabeth in the distance. She sounded overjoyed.

"I will go retrieve your friends," said the man who had told Akana that he had captured the intruders. "All of you remain here until I return. I won't be long." Footsteps began to approach.

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:44 am
by Thorn
Brook looks relieved at Story and Lucius when she hears Elisabeth's voice. "She made it!" When she hears a man saying he'll retrieve Elisabeth's friends, she calls out immediately: "Careful! There are guards in here!!"

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:01 am
by Mr. Handy
An Egyptian guard bearing a torch entered the creatures' chamber from the opposite end. When he saw them, he shuddered visibly, but he managed to continue. Standing up to his full height of six feet, he proclaimed boldly: "I have come for the prisoners! Stand aside!" The chimeras parted ranks to allow him to pass, and he entered the room where Story, Lucius, and Brook were chained. "Come with me if you want to live," he whispered to them, taking out a key and unlocking their manacles.
OOC,Guard's Sanity roll (current level 50) for seeing the creatures: [dice]0[/dice] Guard's Sanity loss for seeing the creatures: [dice]1[/dice] Guard's Idea roll (50% stat) to avoid temporary insanity - failure is good!: [dice]2[/dice]

Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 am
by Thorn
Brook quickly stands, and tries to help Lucius get up, hoping he'll be able to stand.

Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:08 pm
by jaysun81
Story stands up and moves to help Lucius as well. As they follow the Egyptian guard out he makes sure he keeps his eyes on the ground as they pass by the beastmen.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Lucius was able to walk with assistance. Story and Brook eased him to his feet and helped him out of the chamber. He clenched his eyes shut so that he didn't have to look at the monsters. The guard brought up the rear behind them, lighting the way with his torch. They passed through the guard room and into the chamber at the bottom of the stairs, where the guard indicated for them to go through the archway on the right, past the idol of Anubis.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
Freedom