5. The Cooper House

It hurts – oh God it hurts. And it’s so dark. If only you can straighten your leg or move your arm...

Moderator: Priest

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: 5. The Cooper House

Post by evil_scientist »

Simon Quispe
Luck 60%

[dice]0[/dice]

Simon crosses the room (creating a new trail in the layer of dust), and opens the opposite door.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

Since the cans in the cooler appear unused, Todd helps himself to an energy drink, figuring he needs it, before looking over the equipment to see if anything sparks his memory.
Spoiler:
Luck = 70[dice]0[/dice]
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

"Hi Vanessa, it's Karl. Karl Anderson of the Supernatural Files. Yeah. We're just at the Cooper house & were wondering when you're going to show up? Thought we'd arranged that you'd show us around?" Karl is bluffing, wishing he'd thought about it before dialing.

"Also, these doors look pretty well used & looked after. You sure no-one lives here?"
Spoiler:
Luck 75%
[dice]0[/dice]
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

Karl, For a few seconds there is silence on the phone, then, “Um, excuse me...The Supernatural Files you say? You have me at a disadvantage...There was some initial contact between myself and your office about a programme dealing with the Cooper House. But after that I kind of thought your producers had changed their minds”. There is a moment of almost silence in which you hear a lighter being worked and she takes a deep breath, “You say you are at the house? How did you get in, the keys are here on my desk?” again a moment of silence, “Ya’ll just stay put I’m coming straight over”. With that the phone goes dead.
Karl,[i] For a moment your vision clouds and you can see all of you standing in this room with a red haired female you recognise as Lyn and another well dressed female with long mousy-fair hair as you watch she turns towards a door and says,[color=#0040FF] “Through here’s the kitchen”[/color][/i]. Your vision returns to the moment, in your hand lies the phone so recently used. There is something familiar about the cultured voice of the realtor, Miss Volker, that seems too similar to that of the female in your vision to be a coincidence.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gracie has a bad feeling.
OOC,Luck roll (60% stat) in the house: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

While Karl makes his phone call, Simon strides to the partially open door. Opening it further reveals what is obviously a kitchen the stove and sink point to that fact, as do the remains of pieces of kitchen furniture. A partly collapsed table and the remains of four chairs sit forlornly in the centre of the room as dusty and cobwebbed as the elsewhere.

From the doorway another door leads off in the right-hand wall, it is open and from the remnants of utensils within it would seem to have been a laundry room. Almost directly opposite you, next to the sink, stands another door, heavily boarded but from its construction you would imagine this to be the back door, it looks as if it hasn’t been opened in years. There is another door, again partially open in the far left-hand corner. A trail of footprints lead to this door, some look recent others not so.
Todd,much of the equipment seems very familiar even a long scratch in one of the light stands seems familiar. It makes you think of St Louis and a long unused graveyard.
All those who succeded their rolls,From somewhere above comes a gentle creak of a floorboard, as if someone was trying to move around without making a sound.
- Anais Nin
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

"Heads up everyone. Vanessa Volker is on her way and I don't think she's too happy." Karl pauses for dramatic effect. "Strange thing is... I think she's already been here with us before..."

Karl looks up at the ceiling.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"Somebody's up there," Todd says, following Karl's gaze. "Should we go up or wait for Vanessa?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There are lots of things about this house that frighten me," says Gracie. "A real estate agent isn't one of them. Some unknown person lurking around does, but whoever it is might not be hostile. I guess it's better to find them before they find us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Priest wrote:, Simon strides to the partially open door. Opening it further reveals what is obviously a kitchen the stove and sink point to that fact, as do the remains of pieces of kitchen furniture. A partly collapsed table and the remains of four chairs sit forlornly in the centre of the room as dusty and cobwebbed as the elsewhere.
OOC:   I actually wanted to go the other door, the one that was opposite (and unexplored earlier). Sorry if I wasn't clear enough!  
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

evil_scientist wrote:
OOC:   I actually wanted to go the other door, the one that was opposite (and unexplored earlier). Sorry if I wasn't clear enough!  
OOC:   Right, sorry misunderstood. The other doors off the sitting room are empty, little more than cupbards. The door opposite the one into the study is firmly locked and boarded so you would imagine that it leads outside, perhaps to the porch you had seen at the buildings side.  
- Anais Nin
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo

Hippo will look around a bit more outside.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Simon Quispe

"I heard it too, sounds like somebody's upstairs," shouts Simon from the kitchen. "I'll check out one more room here, then come back to you all!"
Priest wrote: Simon strides to the partially open door. Opening it further reveals what is obviously a kitchen the stove and sink point to that fact, as do the remains of pieces of kitchen furniture. A partly collapsed table and the remains of four chairs sit forlornly in the centre of the room as dusty and cobwebbed as the elsewhere.

From the doorway another door leads off in the right-hand wall, it is open and from the remnants of utensils within it would seem to have been a laundry room. Almost directly opposite you, next to the sink, stands another door, heavily boarded but from its construction you would imagine this to be the back door, it looks as if it hasn’t been opened in years. There is another door, again partially open in the far left-hand corner. A trail of footprints lead to this door, some look recent others not so.
Simon walks up to the door, opens it, and glances into the next room.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hey, what if it's Lyn up there?" says Gracie. "We know she was here with us last night, and we left without her."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

As if in response to Gracie’s question, another creak of disturbed floorboards comes from above. This time you judge whoever is making the noise is carefully moving towards the stairs and doing their best to move quietly...
Simon,the door opens onto a flight of stairs going down. There is no light other than some murky daylight coming from a source somewhere below providing a limited view of the stairs, they appear to be constructed from wood and in a fairly good, if dirty, condition. In the light you can make out that the trail of footsteps continue down. You can also see something metallic several steps from the top, something that makes you think of a microphone.
Hippo,continuing to look around you see nothing of any interest.
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"Sounds like they're trying to sneak up on us," Todd says. "Let's not give them the chance." He heads for the stairs.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

Karl follows Todd. "Let's be careful. The realtor's on her way and I don't think we can trust her. I bet my Grandma's hide she knows what's goin' on. And I don't even know if my Grandma's still alive."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gracie also follows the others, trying to move silently.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

I will stay near the front door, and will not approach the noise. If I hear the others scream, I'll call the police.
With extra tentacles, please.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Priest wrote:
Simon,the door opens onto a flight of stairs going down. There is no light other than some murky daylight coming from a source somewhere below providing a limited view of the stairs, they appear to be constructed from wood and in a fairly good, if dirty, condition. In the light you can make out that the trail of footsteps continue down. You can also see something metallic several steps from the top, something that makes you think of a microphone.
Simon Quispe

Simon shivers. But then curiosity takes over, and he steps forward, kneels down at the top of the stairs (without stepping down), and retrieves the object.

Return to “Forget Me Not - CoC 7th Ed. Modern Era”