5. The Cooper House

It hurts – oh God it hurts. And it’s so dark. If only you can straighten your leg or move your arm...

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Re: 5. The Cooper House

Post by Priest »

Vanessa Volker stops at Hippo’s remark and looks at him holding his makeshift club. For a moment his memory swims as if trying to grasp something not quite graspable, there is something about the woman’s smile.
“Excuse me? I am assuming that Miss Cartwright is in charge here, after all it was she who contacted me initially”.
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo

"Yeah well, she seems to have wandered off. We had a little off road incident with out van."

"Your place is full of bugs. Got this wood here to mash 'em up." he adds.
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"Have we met before, Vanessa? I would normally remember meeting such a pretty lady, but these last few days have been hell on my memory."
With extra tentacles, please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"She's probably inside the house," says Gracie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Vanessa Volker pauses momentarilly and smiles at Rutiger, “No I do not think I’ve had the pleasure Mr...? If we had met before I’m sure I would remember such a fine well dressed gentleman”
With that she passes through the front door to the shadowed hallway beyond.
Volker1.png
Vanessa Volker.
Rutiger,At that moment you feel the unhealthy squirming within your stomach begin again. This episode is but a momentary feeling, that causes little more than a few beads of sweat to bead your forehead.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gracie looks inside through the open door to see what she does, but she doesn't venture back in herself yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

Karl gestures frantically to the others. "She's trouble." he whispers. "She's the cause of this, I'm sure. I remember being here with her before. We need to do something quick!"

"Hippo, knock her over the head or something!"

"Rutiger, you got any pebbles left?"

Karl is getting desperate.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

OOC:   Todd is still upstairs heading toward the room the man came out of.  
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Unaware of Karl’s antics behind her back, Vanessa moves through the hallway towards the stairs. At the foot she halts and looks upward, eyes narrowing to see through the gloom, “So is someone going to tell me what’s going on and what you’re all doing here?”

Even through the shadows you can see she is a very attractive female about five five and probably in her early thirties. Her hair, worn long, is a mousey-fair colour and she wears a smart buisness suit of a relatively modern cut, you would imagine that it cost a pretty penny. She is smiling a charming smile at Stephen a couple of steps up. “Perhaps you might be able to tell me what’s going on, where Miss Cartwright might be found and just what the woman ouside the door said about someone being inside?”
OOC:   There is nothing about Vanessa Volker that triggers any memories and she really doesn’t look dangerous. Karl’s warnings appear a little too paranoid.  
Todd,probably unaware of the situation downstairs continue towards the door through which the tramp had stepped prior to his grisly fate. As he reaches the remains he takes care to step over the torn carcass, nothing stirs as he does so it appears that whatever it was that burst from within him has gone. The corpse, although disgustingly torn apart, is still, unmoving.
He reaches the door and pushes it fully open...
Todd,the door opens into a ‘L’ shaped room. You are aware of it having two windows, boarded up of course, one in the wall opposite you and the other to your left (from the doorway). For the most part empty, the room shows evidence of occupation. There are pages of old nespapers, empty bags, several empty cans strewn about, and a couple of empty bottles of cheap whisky. An old stained and worn mattress has been pulled against one of the walls. The room stinks of stale sweat, urine and cheap liqour. To the right of this mattress rests an old military haversack... [attachment=0]bedroom.jpg[/attachment]'A' haversack
Attachments
bedroom.jpg
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What?!" says Gracie, shocked. "We can't bop her over the head, that's ridiculous. If you want to distract her, how about giving her a call on her cell phone and disguising your voice, then get her to go somewhere else or something."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

If we were here yesterday then was this guy here too? Todd wonders, looking around the room. He peeks inside the haversack...
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"Paddington. Rutiger Paddington." I say, doing my best James Bond impression while I brush my hair back.

"I still have pebbles, but let's wait a little bit before we antagonize her. She might be on our side." I whisper.

I carefully follow the group inside the house, staying at the back.
With extra tentacles, please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gracie ventures back inside the house, now that others are going in too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo

Hippo follows still holding the plank.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Simon Quispe

"Th-there is also somebody in the basement," Simon mumbles.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

Are these people insane?!? Karl is sure this woman was here with them yesterday. She must know what happened. Unless she's lost her memory too? Though she looked too composed..

He looks around for a handy brick or stone and follows the rest inside. He's not letting this Volker woman out of his sight.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Todd,Carefully as if he were handling an explosive device,[b]Todd[/b] opens the haversack and peers in. It contains little of interest and nothing of value, just a few pieces of stale bread, several mouldering scraps of something he thinks was cheese, an almost empty bottle of cheap spirit (possibly gin) and several sheets of a two week old copy of the[i] Clio Messenger[/i]. There is also a sheet of dirty writing paper, on which someone has been scrawling. [i]Something is moving inside me. I can feel it writhing and turning as if looking for a way out. At first I thought it simply stomach ache, caused by something I ate. But after all this time you would think it cleared up, but no it just worsens with every day. I’m going back to Clio, back to that house, the last thing I remember before finding myself twenty miles south of the city, whatever is happening must have started there, so there is where I’m going to start. But God it hurts, feels like my insides are on fire...[/i]
For a moment Vanessa stares at Stephen, her smile seemingly frozen on her face. Then the smile widens as if awareness suddenly sinks in, “Oh you’re joking”. She pats a pocket as if checking for something, “I have the only set of keys, and the house is kept locked and boarded. So no-one is inside, unless they broke in of course” She pauses, considering, “Anyway how did you gain access?”
Karl,Try a Hard POW (30%)
- Anais Nin
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson
Spoiler:
Hard POW 30%
[dice]0[/dice]
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

In mounting horror Todd reads the account of the man then hurries back down the stairs to rejoin the others. "That man who just got eaten from the inside by bugs - he was here before and lost his memory then came back looking for answers like us. What if the same thing happens to us, the things moving inside our guts... We need to find answers fast." He stops, noticing the new arrival. "Miss Volker, I presume? What happened here yesterday?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Bugs inside him!" cries Gracie, clutching her stomach as she remembers her nightmare. "We all need to get to the hospital and get checked out, fast!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Forget Me Not - CoC 7th Ed. Modern Era”