Page 1 of 1

3. 'Now where were we?'

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:22 pm
by Priest
3. Now where were we?

It’s stopped raining, although the slowly dawning day looks as if it might have a bit more to come. Several people seem to be about. Karl Anderson stands outside the door to room 6 and Hippo is slowly heading up the corridor with a can of soda clenched in his hand. As he moves he lets out the loudest and longest belch you have ever heard...

Re: 3. 'Now where were we?'

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:25 pm
by innsmouth
Hippo

"Good mornin' Clio!"

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm
by Mister Ginge
Karl Anderson

Karl nearly jumps out of his skin, thinking he's being attacked by an extinct warthog. He recovers himself, looks confusedly at his watch and wonders why he's standing outside room 6.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:04 pm
by Rooter
Todd Guzman

In room 4 Todd takes a quick shower then changes into fresh clothes. He freezes at an explosion from outside, wondering if the motel is under enemy fire then thinks: Hippo. He steps out of the room to see Karl looking uncertain. "Hey, buddy, how about we get some breakfast? Maybe Mr. Sawyer can fix us up. Then I think we all need to make some decisions."

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:14 pm
by evil_scientist
Simon Quispe

Simon joins the team before the building. He is wearing clean clothes, including a TSF shirt.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:08 pm
by innsmouth
Hippo

Hippo slaps Guzman on the back.

"Did I hear someone say breakfast? Well if that ain't the best idea anyone had since ..." Hippo trails off in confusion as if trying to access memories just out of reach.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:04 pm
by Hank Hankins
Rutiger Paddington

I leave my room, impeccably dressed and freshened up.

I pretend not to hear the belch and head to the dining room for breakfast.

Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 pm
by Rooter
Todd Guzman

"You guys go ahead," Todd says, remembering something. He goes back in his room and grabs the tapes then heads out to the van. Surely there must be something to play them on among all the film equipment in there.

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy

Gracie emerges from her room. She has on a similar T-shirt to Simon's. "Did someone mention breakfast?" she asks. "Great, I'm starved! After that, I think we need to go back to the crash scene and try to find out what happened to Lyn. Maybe now that there's light we'll be able to find out more."

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:12 pm
by Mister Ginge
Karl Anderson

Karl has a craving for bacon & waffles. "So, did everyone sleep ok?" he asks nervously. "I need a coffee before I can begin to think straight.."
OOC:   Are Lyn and Jennifer the same person?  

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:43 pm
by Hank Hankins
Rutiger Paddington

"I had a weird vision before falling asleep.

I was partially sealed into the walls of a cave. It seemed that water deposits over a long time had sealed me in, making me part of the wall. All of a sudden, a deep and resoundingly haunting bellow or call echoed throughout the cave system, and I felt my jaw drop away unnaturally. Hundreds of tiny, featureless people ran up my throat and out of my mouth. The tiny things all linked up and headed off, en masse, to some far away location, harking to the call of heaven knows what.

Pretty trippy, huh? I'm thinking we had shrooms at some point, before the crash. Maybe we crashed because whoever was driving was also really high."

Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:37 pm
by Priest
There is no dining room as such but there is a small diner opposite the motel. Within minutes those who want breakfast are able to get one, for those who are more in need of coffee, well there’s plenty, hot and strong...
OOC:   Yeah Jennifer and Lyn are the same. I don't know what happened and where Jennifer came from :o  

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:55 am
by Mr. Handy

Gracie orders French toast and coffee with cream and two sugars. "I had a freaky nightmare," she says with a shudder. "I was pregnant with squirmy wormy things, and so were lots of other people, both men and women."

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:20 am
by evil_scientist
Simon Quispe

Simon finds his companions' dreams utterly creepy...

"I keep getting these flashbacks... You and Lyn both want me to get a case, it must be something very important," he says to Tod Guzman.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:12 pm
by Rooter
Todd Guzman

"A case, huh?" Todd says, coming into the diner. "I had a flashback of Rutiger yelling at me about a camera then some horrible screaming. Thing is, all the camera and sound equipment is missing from the van. I'm guessing maybe we left them behind at this Cooper House."
OOC:   Priest, did I find anything on the tapes?  

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 pm
by Priest
Tod Guzman,' you checked the van as and as you surmised both the sound and camera equipment is missing. You might be able to rig something up from the stuff in the van to play the audio tapes. give me a percentage roll, less that 70%.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:36 pm
by Rooter
Todd Guzman
Spoiler:
Percentage roll 70% stat[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:08 pm
by Mister Ginge
Karl Anderson

"Well I dreamt I was walking through a deserted city while surrounded by dead people. You know, the usual. Then a weird dude in yellow asked me if I'd seen the Yellow Sign. Does that make sense to anybody?"

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:17 pm
by innsmouth
Hippo

"Don't make no sense to me." says Hippo.

"You gonna eat that?". Hippo points his knife at an unfinished waffle on Karl's plate.

Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:30 pm
by Mister Ginge
Karl Anderson

"It's all yours", says Karl, pushing the plate over. "I'm gonna have me some more of this damn fine coffee."

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:34 am
by Mr. Handy

"We'll have to go to the Cooper House after the crash site," says Gracie. "I mean back there. We must have been there last night. Something must have happened there." She wolfs down the rest of her French toast and washes it down with the remaining coffee.

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:57 am
by Priest
OOC:   I've put the list of interviews found on Lyn's laptop on handouts. Those who you interveiwed, those who refused interviews, and those you may have interviewed but forgot.  

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:48 am
by Priest
Todd Guzman,Looking in the van for something to play the audio tapes you found revealed that all recording equipment is missing (Camera and Sound). However you are quite resourceful and after a short while of mixing and matching parts you manage to put together a functioning audio device capable of accessing the tapes. Through earphone you are able to hear the following, [img]http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp292/priest_019/RPG%20Stuff/Forget%20Me%20Not/Audio%20file%20transcript_zpsvlurm3uy.png[/img] The voice of the host you do not recognise, but its female. [ooc]I will copy this file to the handout section[/ooc]

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:18 pm
by Rooter
Todd Guzman

"I agree with Gracie. Sounds like our best plan. Something really weird must have happened to us at Cooper House. Weirder than shrooms, I mean."

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:34 pm
by Priest
The waitress appears carrying a fresh pot of coffee and refills everyone’s cup, she sniffs, “That place again? When y’all were in here yesterday you were on about that place, said something about interviewing the chief. By the way where’s the other woman, the one with all the red hair, seemed like she was the boss or something?”.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:54 pm
by Mister Ginge
Karl Anderson

"Well folks, I'm presuming we're professionals, so that means the show must go on."

Karl looks Gracie and Todd. "I agree, let's head to the crash site in the Mystery Machine and take it from there. Maybe backtrack & see some of the people we supposedly saw yesterday. Do you think the Bakers who refused an interview were the same ones we saw last night? If so, why didn't they mention it?"

"I'd rather wait til it's dark before we visit the Cooper House, ha ha", he jokes feebly.

Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:29 pm
by Hank Hankins
Rutiger Paddington

"I say we go buy some spider repellent, and catch up on those scheduled interviews we didn't end up doing."

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy

"Lyn didn't come back last night," Gracie tells the waitress. "We're going to go catch up with her." She turns to the others. "Why don't we try giving her a call? I don't remember her number, but it's got to be saved on one of our phones."

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:52 am
by evil_scientist
Simon Quispe

Simon checks his phone. Maybe he has Lyn's phone number... He also gets the feeling, that he doesn't want to be the one to make the call.

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:36 am
by Rooter
Todd Guzman

"From the list of interviews it looks like this 'chief' the waitress mentioned is Chief Donald Mathews at the police station. Maybe if we can't get through to Lyn on the phone we could find out if she's been reported missing or something."

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:49 pm
by Priest
Simon checks his cell phone there is a Lyn Cartwright in its call list. However after ringing for a few seconds the call is diverted to voice mail. The phone is ringing but there is no answer...

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy

"Good idea," says Gracie. "We can also ask at the front desk before we leave to see if she's come back, but I wouldn't bet on it."

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 am
by Mister Ginge
Karl Anderson

"If we're going to go to the cops, we need to get our story straight. I don't think they'll buy the whole group amnesia thing."

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 am
by Hank Hankins
Rutiger Paddington

"I wonder what we told that police chief exactly. Maybe he'll buy our story if it checks out with what we previously told him. Also, I'll bring him donuts just in case."

Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:46 am
by Priest
Time is running it has been at least thirty minutes since you entered the diner and the odd customer is beginning to drift in. They all look at you in an odd manner, as if in recognition...
OOC:   When you are ready to move on tell me where. At the moment it looks like the police station, if so I'll start a new thread  

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy

"Maybe we should refrain from talking to the cops until we know what we're talking about," says Gracie. "I think we should try to find her ourselves first."

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 pm
by Rooter
Todd Guzman

"Okay, so the plan is we go back to the site of the accident to see if we can find any trace of Lyn, then either Cooper House or the police station." Todd checks the map on his phone to see if Cooper House is anywhere near where the accident occurred.
OOC:   Priest, the image of the map posted at the beginning isn't showing up anymore.  

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:00 pm
by Priest
OOC:   No there is no Cooper House shown on the map. Sorry Wruter I've been moving things about on photobucket so the picture was gone, I've restored it and I will put it up on the handouts.  

Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:10 pm
by Rooter
OOC:   Thanks.  

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:09 am
by Mr. Handy

"Let's look up where the Cooper House actually is before we go," says Gracie. "We should be able to find it on the Internet."

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:38 am
by Mister Ginge
Karl Anderson

"OK, so the plan is doughnuts, accident site, cops and/or Cooper house. Sounds good to me."

Karl googles 'The Yellow Sign' to see if he can find out anything. Man, that dream has him spooked.

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:57 pm
by Priest
Karl’s search on Google reveals quite a lot about something called ‘The Yellow Sign’ about an old book called the ‘King In Yellow’, stories written by the pulp author HP Lovecraft, a being called ‘Hastur’, and a place called ‘Carcosa’. Nothing strikes a chord until his eyes alight on the question, “Have you seen the Yellow Sign?” For a moment his blood runs cold as visions of an empty city flash across his mind...
OOC:   There is more information in Handouts.  

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:03 am
by Mr. Handy

Gracie checks Google Maps for the location of the Cooper House, and a view of it if available.

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:01 pm
by Priest
Gracie checks google for any information on the Cooper House. There is a lot of information on the house, besides that which you already have.
OOC:   Please give me five (5) percentage rolls under 70%  
One of the things you find is a photograph of a building labeled ‘The Cooper House – Haunted or Hoax?’

The Cooper House - Haunted or Hoax?

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:39 am
by Mr. Handy

Gracie has good luck in her search, for the most part.
OOC,Five rolls (70% chance): [dice]0[/dice] [dice]1[/dice] [dice]2[/dice] [dice]3[/dice] [dice]4[/dice]

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:14 pm
by Priest
It takes a while, but Gracie sticks with it. First she gets a name – Edmund McCumsey
“Before the Cooper house was “the Cooper house”, it was the McCumsey house. It was built by Edmund McCumsey of Britain, who immigrated to the U.S. after World War II in 1946. He was joined by his wife Deborah and their three children. At the time, Clio was an even smaller place, and McCumsey not only built his house far from town, but paid to have a road laid out to it where none was before.”

And this leads to;

“Edmund McCumsey was a scholar and historian from the University of Birmingham. He is most noteworthy for writing a book in 1937 entitled Before Daedalus: Labyrinths in History and Legend. Shortly after coming to Clio, Edmund McCumsey rankled his new neighbors by not hiring locals to build his new home, instead importing German masons.
It seems that many Clio residents expressed resentment at the employment of “Krauts” so soon after the war; others wondered why foreign experts were needed for a simple house. In December, 1947, the McCumsey’s eldest son, Jacob, age 14, reportedly dies. However, no certificate of death can be found to substantiate this.”

There is more to be found but it takes time to gather the information together. Allready it is gone 9:00 am, and the waitress is beginning to give you “move on” looks.
OOC:   If you choose to search for more it will neead you to make another five percentage rolls 70% or less.  

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:20 pm
by Mr. Handy

"We'd better hit the road," says Gracie. "We can do more searching on the way to the crash site."

Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:31 pm
by Priest
OOC:   Continue here viewtopic.php?f=410&t=6078