2, That’s odd, seven rooms and only six of us...

It hurts – oh God it hurts. And it’s so dark. If only you can straighten your leg or move your arm...

Moderator: Priest

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: 2, That’s odd, seven rooms and only six of us...

Post by evil_scientist »

Simon Quispe

Simon wonders, "Am I the only one who is not into this Stephen King fellow? Must be a generational thing..."

Just in case, he checks under the bed, and opens any drawers.

Is there a bathroom adjoining the motel room?
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

Noticing the look on Simon's face, I glare at him.

"Probably more of a Twilight fan." I think.
With extra tentacles, please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, that was It," says Gracie to Todd. "That one gave me nightmares. Oh, have you ever read The Eyes of the Dragon? It's fantasy, not like his usual horror, but it's one of his best works."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"Yeah, I remember that one, too," Todd replies. "Well, at least we'll have one thing to talk about if we never remember anything else about ourselves."
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

Karl remembers running scared through a corn field. Is this a real memory or did he read it in a Stephen King book? Jesus.

He looks to see if the laptop has been accessed..
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

And so the room erupts into discussions of various Stephen King novels in the hope that maybe someone might find a clue to the possible password amongst them. While the debate ensues Tod Guzman’s fingers run quickly and expertly over the laptops keyboard – surely he has done this before. However his attempt at typing the name Jennifer elicits a simple ‘invalid password’ response.

Both Simon and Rutger, seem unwilling to join in the ‘guess the password’ game and continue looking around the room. But there seems nothing of any interest or anything to provide any clue to the password.

Tod is not the only one who suddenly notices that they seem to be able to recall Stephen King’s stuff with ease, indeed memories may be starting to return. An odd expression passes over Gracie’s face...
Gracie Gunn,For an instant you find yourself in a sun filled room. To your left is a grand piano on top of which is a collection of photographs. Suddenly you hear a females voice,[color=#0040FF] “Okay, let’s see what we’ve got this time”[/color]. You turn around and a flame haired female, Jennifer, wrapped in a white towelling bathrobe and cradling a purring black cat, walks into the room and opens a laptop. [color=#0040FF]“Now”[/color] she laughs placing the cat on a sofa, as you watch she begins to type a password into the laptop [i]– BABYBAST[/i] – the screen flickers and comes alive. As it does a deeper, guttural voice shouts, loud enough to hurt your ears [color=#0040FF][size=150]“DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?”[/size][/color] As the echoes of that cold, inhuman voice fades you blink and you find yourself in a motel room...
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Try 'BABYBAST,'" says Gracie. "All caps. Jennifer used her cat's name as her password."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"I'll take your word for it." Todd types in BABYBAST.
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo

"Dumb name for a cat I tell ya." mutters Hippo.
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"That's the worst name I've ever heard." I also mutter.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Simon Quispe

"I think it's kinda cute..." mutters Simon, mostly to himself.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

"Babybast babybast, life's a blast. Type those keys baby, not too fast", Karl thinks to himself, remembering not to mutter.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think the cat's name is simply Bast," says Gracie, "but Babybast is a nickname. Bast is short for Bubastis, the Egyptian goddess of cats. How do I know that?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Tod enters the password and after a brief moment the screen shows a collage of pictures featuring the seven, if one includes the redheaded Jennifer, in various postures and groupings outside different buildings. The laptop seems to hold several folders each named after a different locale across the States. The oldest folder seems to date from three years ago and the most recent, well recently. Accessing the files contained within the folders show that they follow a similar pattern. They set out the script and details for a series of programmes all of which follow a similar pattern. The tem investigate a suspected haunted building, following a request from clients, The investigation entails a careful research of the building’s history. Followed by the team carrying out scientific and pseudo-mystical experimentation and investigative techniques in an effort to prove or disprove the existence of the supernatural. So fat it seems that TSF has produced two series each of twelve programmes, none of which has delivered any proof of the supernatural. It seems that they have been asked to investigate a suspected haunted house in Clio, the Cooper House, but as of yet the programme, the fourth in the new series, is unfinished.

The folder titled ‘The Cooper House, contains scans of various newspaper cuttings;
#1 comes from the Saginaw News dated June 19th 1990, Headlines read, ‘Clio Teen Still Missing by Ellen Shaw. And reports that fifteen year old Tiffany Jensen is still missing after being reported missing by her parent following her failure to come home from a bonfire party to celebrate the end of the school year at a friend’s house four days earlier...

#2 From the Flint Journal dated November 5th 1979. Headlined, ‘Unidentified Body Found: Mysterious Circumstances Abound’ by Mark Neimann. The story tells of an unidentified male body being found in a cornfield near the Town of Clio.

#3 from the Detroit Free Press March 13th 1965. About a murder committed in Clio.

#4 A story from the Clio Messenger, April 20th, 2011. About a supposed haunted house.

And a list of interviews.
Mayor Charlotte Coleman: Interviewed Sept 16th on camera.
Chief Donald Mathews: Interview scheduled, Sept 17th, 9:30am at the police station.
Vanessa Volker: Interview scheduled, Sept 17th, 2:00pm office.
Baker family: Declined interview.
Grover family: Interviewed, Sept 16th, on camera.
Joseph family: Interviewed, Sept 16th, masked audio only.
James Burke and Alexis Romanov: Interviewed, Sept 16th, on camera.
Lily Austin: Interview scheduled, Sept 17th, 12:00pm office
OOC:   There is nothing else of value on the laptop and nothing useful in the room. By the time you have finished looking around the room and the contents of the laptop it is around eleven pm on the 17th September, and as a result of your recent adventures and whatever may have befallen you before, you are all in desperate need of sleep. You all have rooms awaiting you. The full contents of the handouts have been placed in the appropriate section.  
- Anais Nin
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

Karl heads to Room 3 wondering if the Baker family were the same folks they met earlier on.

"Man I'm fried", he thinks to himself.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

OOC:   As you begin to find your rooms I will begin a seperate topic for you all (for reasons that will become clear later). When you have finished in Lyn Cartwrights room, please move to the Topic fitted to your name and room no.  
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"Looks like this Vanessa Volker was the last interview we did before the accident today and according to this newspaper article she's the realtor of the Cooper House. Anyway, night everyone. Hopefully things will be clearer after we get some rest." Todd heads for room 4.
OOC:   I can only see handout #4 the others say photo not found.  
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

I stretch and yawn.

"Well, this baby... bast... has given us what we were looking for. I, for one, will now be heading to bed. Now isn't the time to start investigating.
It's bed time."

I will speak to the owner and request to be woken up with a breakfast of crispy bacon, eggs, and beans. Then I will head to my room for a well deserved rest.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gracie stifles a yawn. "Yeah, I'm beat," she says. "Guess it's good night, Gracie for me." She heads to Room 7, right next door.
OOC,I can't see the first three pictures either.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

OOC:   Me neither.  

Return to “Forget Me Not - CoC 7th Ed. Modern Era”