1. Wakey - Wakey!!!

It hurts – oh God it hurts. And it’s so dark. If only you can straighten your leg or move your arm...

Moderator: Priest

Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Re: 1. Wakey - Wakey!!!

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"We're not sure how the crash happened. Looked like we were going too fast, is all. Seems like we all have a touch of amnesia, too. Do you mind if I use your bathroom to get cleaned up?"
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"Run a bath for me while you're in that bathroom." I ask. "I want to be clean and look good."
With extra tentacles, please.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Simon Quispe

Simon takes a chair and sips his coffee. The initial shock is gone, and the weirdness of the situation starts to really sink in.

The man named Rutiger Paddington really seems to be the center of attention - maybe he is the leader of some sort of a team they all belong to?
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

"Excuse me Mr Baker, but do you know this guy?", Karl says, pointing towards Rutiger.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

Slowly sipping the hot coffee you all begin to relax. Talk turns to the crash but there is nothing that you can tell Baker about the details to clarify the situation, and you can tell from the guarded looks he gives each of you that he is slightly suspicious. Yet he makes nothing to indicate any ill intentions towards you, simply shows you to the bathroom where you can ‘clean up a mite’ and answers your questions. In answer to the questions about Rutiger Paddington he spends a long moment gazing at him. “Sure I recognize him from somewhere...hey Martha, does this look like that guy from the TV?” Martha Baker turns from the stove and looks Rutiger over, “Yeah, he does a mite. The guy that used to be on that TV news programme...Can’t remember the programmes name...He quit a while back for some other series”. She moves closer, “Paddington, Rutiger Paddington”. Before she can say anthing else Todd Guzman starts choking and spluttering over his coffee...
Todd Guzman,As the coffee hits the back of your throat a sudden series of involuntary gulps make you choke badly. For a brief moment you feel as though your throat has closed totally and your airway has collapsed. In that moment it feels like death is about to claim you, Then as quickly as it came, the feeling is gone and you are able to breathe easily although the convulsions continue for a few more seconds...
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Are you all right?" Gracie asks Todd, concern on her face. He couldn't be choking on anything solid, though, not from drinking coffee.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"Ugh, yeah, Gracie, I'm okay, I think. Maybe just a little nausea. Must've been more shook up by the accident than I thought." He fights down that momentary, inexplicable terror and forces himself to take another swallow of the coffee.
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"The Supernatural Files!" I shout, remembering the flyer. "Is that the show I was on? So I'm a big shot on TV, huh? Forgive us, Baker, the crash has been tough on us. We're barely coming back to our senses here."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Baker stares at Rutiger, examining him closely, “Sure, you’re that guy from that spook programme. Go around so called investigating haunted houses” He shakes his head, “Gee Martha a real life celebrity in our kitchen who’d have thought it, So why you hereabouts and where’s the good looking woman you appear with... I forget her name...Hey Martha what’s the woman’s name?”
Martha considers for a moment or two, “Um... Cartwright, Lyn Cartwrigth”...
Todd Guzman,Your throat feels raw as if the coffee you had swallowed had been red hot. Even now you can feel it burning progress down your intestines.
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

Todd sets the coffee cup down with a grimace. "Think I'll stick to water," he mutters. He goes over to the window to check on the storm's progress and try to calm his sudden nerves.
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"You don't happen to have that show on dvd, do you? I just love seeing myself on TV. Do you remember what house we were investigating last?
I bet you do. That one sure was a riot."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When Gracie heard Baker mention a good-looking female co-host, she had been hoping it was her, but his wife's answer quickly dispelled that illusion. Still, she knows she must be involved with the TV show in some way, hopefully in front of the camera and not just behind it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo

"Ain't nothin' but trash on TV these days and that's the truth."

Hippo sips his coffee.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Baker shrugs at Rutiger’s question, “Nah, we don’t get much time for watching TV, and what little we do is mostly news..” Martha butts in “Or sport. I think I seen a couple of episodes of that programme over at the Kennedys and that’s where I recall the name from. But we don’t have any recordings here” She turns away towards the sink, noticing a brief hint of disappointment in Gracie’s expression. “Anyways, what're y’all doing here in Clio, surely theres nothing heareabouts of interest?”
Baker nods at his wifes question, "Yea, why where you on this road and why were you driving so fast? That reminds me, do ya want me to call Daves and get your van pulled out?"
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you could," he replies to the farmer's latter question. "There's a motel on the other side of town where we may have been headed." He pauses, looking at the others uncertainly. "Or maybe we'd better go to the hospital first and get ourselves checked over."
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"In any case we probably shouldn't call the cops right now, we don't have any donuts around." I say, checking myself in the bathroom mirror, making myself look as good as I possibly can.

Of course, I'm really thinking we should find out what happened to us before we get the law involved, for who knows what we actually got ourselves into? Have we possibly committed a crime? But I don't want to tell the Bakers about it all, so I'm hoping they'll buy the donut excuse.

"The Kennedys, huh? Are they big fans? Since we're in the area, maybe they might like to take a selfie with me or something, maybe we should pay them a visit later on."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, that would be nice," says Gracie. "They'd probably get a kick out of it. Though maybe we should go to the hospital first. We're not too badly hurt, but it would still be a good idea."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

Karl wonders where Lyn Cartwright is. It seemed odd that no-one had the key for room 6 at the motel. Could that be hers? He feels that that they should find her as soon possible.

Also, either they've all lost their memory or the rest of them are trying to pull a fast one on him. The Supernatural Files? Is this for real? He needs to shake this paranoia off...

"If anyone needs to go the hospital, I'm ok with that. But I think it would be a good idea to recover the van and see if there are any recent recordings", he says, guessing it was filming equipment in the van. ""Maybe Lyn is back at the motel?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

It takes about an hour, but with the tow truck from Dave’s Garage making light work of it the van is easily pulled from the ditch and other than a little bodywork damage, some new paint scratches, and several pieces of vegetation ornamenting the front grill, seems fine. It starts easily and after a quick look over the mechanic, Pete, pronounces it fit for the road, adding with a broad wink “That is ifn you can keep it on the road”...
OOC:   The van is now yours to use to go wherever you think fit. If there are no further questions to put to the Bakers, or Pete the mechanic, I will create the next chapter when you are ready.  
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I guess we should go back to the motel and see if Lyn's there," says Gracie. "None of us are too badly hurt, but we can drop off at the hospital anyone who wants to go. I've only got a few scratches and bruises myself, so I'm fine."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Forget Me Not - CoC 7th Ed. Modern Era”