1. Wakey - Wakey!!!

It hurts – oh God it hurts. And it’s so dark. If only you can straighten your leg or move your arm...

Moderator: Priest

Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

1. Wakey - Wakey!!!

Post by Priest »

1. Wakey - Wakey!!!!
(innsmouth) Your eyes snap open from a strange dream of crawling and tunnels. Your head hurts and you raise your right arm, your fingers questing over your forehead. The presence of something sticky hints at a wound, the congealed blood on the left side of your face suggesting that the wound was drying and not immediately life threatening. Darkness clouds your vision but other senses make up for it.
From all sides come sounds, you are not alone. Breathing and gurgling noises point to the presence of other people. A squeaking, whining sound makes you think of a spinning wheel while other metallic noises awaken memories of vehicle engines cooling down. Your nostrils are assailed by a mixture of the pungent odour of gasoline and a sweet cloying smell of freshly turned earth. Yet overriding this combination is another stronger, intangible scent whose sweetness instantly sets your heart pounding like a drum struck by some mad musician to an irregular beat – Fear you mind groggily identifies the smell as that of fear!
Your vision, though hampered by darkness and the presence of blood from your forehead wound, attempts to identify the things around you. The familiar shape of a steering wheel, dashboard and dark impenetrable windshield to your front would suggest you are seated in the driving seat of a vehicle of some sort, the feeling of size would suggest a van. To your right the shadowy form of a female (Mr. Handy) slumps, supported by a seat belt. A series of wracking breaths give you reason to think her alive, if unconscious.
Twisting your head, an action which causes your forehead to burn with the pain of activity, you make out the shapes of another four persons, each showing signs of having been subjected to a sudden force, as if thrown forward by some kind of impact. Behind them you can just make out a collection of technical gear, TV screens, recording equipment etc. Stuff that feels familiar, but you have no idea why.
OOC:   At the moment only innsmouth’s character has awoken so only he is able to take action.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Re: 1. Wakey - Wakey!!!

Post by innsmouth »

OOC:   My character attempts to open a door and drag the female through it and away from the vehicle.  
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

(innsmouth) Carefully, for each movement seems to rock the vehicle slightly, you manage to open the door, release the woman’s seat belt and half pull half slide her out of the van. Aware as you do so of movement from the other occupants.
Outside of the van it is slightly lighter although still dark. The van, a dark coloured Ford, is resting at a nose down angle halfway down a grassed slope, a ditch in which a thin trickle of water oozes its course.
As you lower the unconscious female to the grass she gives a cough, takes a large stuttering breath and opens her eyes.

(Mr Handy) The sensation of being dragged through a never ending pipe suddenly ends. Your eyelids flutter open as a cool draught of air brushes cobweb gentle against your eyelashes. With a start you find yourself in the dark of night, lying on the grass while a middle aged coloured man with a nasty looking cut above his left eye looks down at you. You lift an arm, defensively. It hurts, but seems undamaged merely bruised and sore.

(evil_scientist) You wake suddenly. You have no idea who you are or where you are, There are others near you, but you are not familiar with them, although you feel you should be. A sharp pain makes you gasp, you feel as though your ribs are on fire (-1 HP)
(Wruter) You wake suddenly. You have no idea who you are or where you are, There are others near you, but you are not familiar with them, although you feel you should be. Other than an overall soreness you quickly ascertain that you have suffered no damage.
(Mr Ginge) You wake suddenly. You have no idea who you are or where you are, There are others near you, but you are not familiar with them, although you feel you should be. Other than an overall soreness you quickly ascertain that you have suffered no damage.
(Hank Hankins) You wake suddenly. You have no idea who you are or where you are, There are others near you, but you are not familiar with them, although you feel you should be. Your nose hurts like blazes and it seems to have bled copiously although the bleeding seems to have stopped now and dried to a crust (-1 HP)
OOC:   You are all now free to act.  
- Anais Nin
innsmouth
Adept
Adept

Post by innsmouth »

"Ma'am, you okay? We been in some kind of smash. There's some other folks in there ..."
OOC:   Does it look like the van is in danger of sliding or going or fire?  
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: 1. Wakeyhttp://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/pbp/post - Wake

Post by Hank Hankins »

I pull a silk handkerchief out of my pocket and I attempt to delicately wipe my nose. Using the van's rearview mirror, I check that the blood has been wiped off, and I make sure my beard isn't scruffy. For good measure, I also lick my hand and comb back what's left of my hair.

"Who the hell are you people? And... who am I?" I ask.

I search through my pockets, hoping to find a wallet with some ID.
With extra tentacles, please.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

"I ... I have no idea. I can't ... remember anything."

I peer in confusion at the collection of technical gear and equipment.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

In a daze I fumble for my seatbelt and my cellphone.

"Hey! What happened? Are you guys ok?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The young woman stirs. "I...I think so..." she mutters, trying to regain her feet. "What happened? Oh! You're hurt!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Not only this situation, but my body feels alien to me. This aching, broken body. I glance into the mirror, to see my own face: it's vaguely familiar. Now I know who I am, at least what I look like. But who are these other people?

I lean forward to the driver's seat and look for a switch to turn on the car's headlight's. The darkness is frightening me.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

I'm attempting to unbuckle and get carefully out of the vehicle - maybe phone for help (if I find my phone).
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Gradually, and with some difficulty, you all manage to extricate yourselves from the van. Although there is a heart stopping moment when one of the passengers, a young man (evil_scientist), leans across the front seat and pushes one of the buttons on the dashboard. Possibly attempting to turn on the headlights all that happens is the sudden movement causes the vehicle to lurch forward and plunge a few more feet before coming to a halt. The jolt is painful, making previous injuries and general soreness burn, but causes no real hurt.

Taking stock of the situation it seems you all suffer from a total lack of memory, who you are, what you are doing here, wherever here is, and who your companions are is a total mystery.

Each of you seems to be in a similar state, filthy dirty with torn clothing and matted hair caked in dried earth. Everywhere exposed skin smeared with dirt, while fingernails, some broken almost to the quick, are packed with dark brown earth, evidence of digging, clawing perhaps. Your entire bodies ache and joints are sore, faces and exposed skin are covered in tiny scratches. Your throats are sore, as if from yelling, you all have pounding headaches and upset stomachs. Whatever you have been up to and where you may have been up to it are a total blank.

Quickly you are able to find wallets containing names and addresses, although none of these have any relevance to you, Yet driver ID pictures show that they belong to you, as do any pictures on cell phones many of which you do not recognise but some seem to show the others that you are with.

According to your phones, or watches, it is September 17th 2016 at 8.24pm, Those with access to GPS can see that their current location is a couple of miles outside the small city of Clio, Michigan. The map shows Clio as being situated between the larger cities of Flint and Saginaw, somewhat close to where the thumb and the rest of the “mitten” of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula meet.

Also found within your pockets, or purse, are several sets of keys (House, locker/desks) and a single key on a plastic keychain. A little blue diamond of plastic reads “The Coach & Lantern Motel, 12705 W. Vienna St, Clio, MI” on one side, and has a room number. Each of you is in possession of one of these motel keys, the room numbers are 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 (It doesn’t matter which number you have)

Looking around you there is little to see, even if it were daylight, just endless fields of corn, However, about a mile down the road in the direction the van had been traveling you can see the lights of a building
OOC:   Okay, with the information you have accessed from you phones, wallets etc, you can now give you character names. However what you do and what you are doing here in the middle of nowhere is yet to be uncovered. The equipment in the van is still unfamiliar, though you still have a feeling somewhere that you should know what it is. Maybe time will tell  
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman glances back at the stricken vehicle. "Must have been some kind of accident. I guess we shouldn't try to move any of that equipment in case the van falls even more." He walks a little way along the road near the site, scanning the ground for any marks which might give an indication of what happened.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

The photo looks like him, but the name Simon Quispe doesn't ring a bell. But it's still better than being nameless... "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he quickly says, when the van abruptly hinges forward. "I... I don't know what happened to me! I'm 'Simon'", he says, the quotation marks almost tangible around his name.

Afraid to touch anything else inside the van, he climbs out to the road.

"There's a building there," he points to the distance. "Maybe we can get some help there."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
innsmouth
Adept
Adept

Post by innsmouth »

"I don't remember ... I don't remember nothin''" he answers.

An examination of personal possessions tells him that his name is is George Carter - at least that's what it says on the driving licence. Everything else though points to him being known as or going under the name Hippo.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Tod Guzman (wruter), looking at the road it would seem that the van had been trying to take a bend too fast. Although the bend looks quite innocuous, the tell-tale skid marks, easily visible in the gloom of night are an easy give away. There is no sign of any other vehicle being involved, it seems that the van simply was going too fast. But why?
- Anais Nin
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"Worst driver ever." I mutter, wondering who crashed the van.

"We should head to the building over there and see if we can get our wounds treated, as well as a hot bath and some new clothes. I look terrible."
With extra tentacles, please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm Gracie Gunn, apparently," says Gracie. "Let's see if we can call for help. That might be better than walking a mile." She checks her phone to see if she can get a signal.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
innsmouth
Adept
Adept

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo

"They call me Hippo" he says shuffling through photographs. "Must be 'cos I look like a god damn hippo."
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The van looks well stuck, it isn’t coming out of that ditch without a tow truck.

There seems to be no signal for the cell phones here.

The building looks to be best part of a mile away, but easy to get to along the road. It might be a shorter walk across the fields, but the thick corn doesn’t look too inviting, especially given the fact that you all feel as though you had just gone twelve rounds. Also it is getting darker as the night progresses and too top it all it has now started to rain. That cold September rain that we all love., and if things couldn’t get any worse the sky behind you is suddenly lit by flickering lightning. A storm is coming and although still several miles off, makes getting out of the rain even more urgent.
- Anais Nin
innsmouth
Adept
Adept

Post by innsmouth »

OOC:   Does it look like we were travelling towards the building or away from it when we crashed?  

Return to “Forget Me Not - CoC 7th Ed. Modern Era”