1. Wakey - Wakey!!!

It hurts – oh God it hurts. And it’s so dark. If only you can straighten your leg or move your arm...

Moderator: Priest

Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Re: 1. Wakey - Wakey!!!

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"What was it again we need to do in case of a big storm? Blast this amnesia... I can't even remember that... Should we shelter ourselves with a large piece of sheet metal, and run for cover under the tallest tree we can find? ... No, that wasn't it."

I'll rummage through our possessions and see if there's a flashlight or anything else that could provide us with light. If there's an umbrella, a hat, or hood, or whatever could protect me from the rain, I'll also grab it.
With extra tentacles, please.
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

"Not a whole lot of cover out here, buddy," Todd remarks, looking askance at the stretching cornfields. "Best we get indoors as soon as possible. I wonder..." He quickly inputs the address of the motel on their keys into the GPS on his phone to see if it's anywhere close.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

"Hey guys, don't know about you but I don't want to get caught in a freaking storm."

He examines the van for any sign of it's origins or what it was used for. "Maybe we should head for those lights. Couldn't be any worse than being stuck out here?!?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

Karl Anderson, From an examination of the van it appears full of various pices of technical equipment, TV screens, recording equipment, audio equipment and so on. To your eyes none of it seems familiar, but you seem to feel that it should. There are several flyers advertising some sort of reality TV show, something called ‘The Supernatural Files. Although the name or programe details mean nothing to you the flyer shows two smiling faces, one female and the other the gentleman with the halfmoon spectacles currently rummaging through the van.

Rutger Paddington, There seems to be nothing of use in the van, no coats or hats, which feels strange as you feel sure you have a hat. Digging around in the rear compartment amongst the various technical equipment you notice the blonde haired, bookish, looking man peering at a coloured piece of paper, he seems to be taking alternative looks at the paper and at yourself.

Tod Guzman, from the map on your phone it would appear that you are currently several miles north-east of Clio while the motel is situated on the western edge of the city about a mile east of interstate 75. The full address, written on the key found in your pocket, is ‘The Coach & Lantern Motel, 12705 W Vienna St, Clio, MI'. Your room number on the key is 4
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, there's no signal out here," says Gracie. "Guess we'd better head for that building with the lights before the storm hits. I think we're better off sticking to the road."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

innsmouth wrote:
OOC:   Does it look like we were travelling towards the building or away from it when we crashed?  
OOC:   Priest, any info on this?  
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

OOC:   Sorry I thought I'd put the direction the van was pointing in, but that must have been in rough post that got deleted. The van seems to have been traveling toward the building so Wetward towards the city itself.  
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Todd Guzman

"Looks like we have a way to go to make it to this motel. I agree with Gracie, better to stick to the road and get to that building where hopefully someone can help us." He glances over at the others still searching the van.
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo

"Let's go people. Storm's a comin' in."
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

"Hey mister", Karl says, handing one of the flyers to Rutiger. "Do you know anything about this? Who's the woman?"

Karl also keeps an eye on the cornfields. He feels like he must into horror films, but isn't sure..
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"Strange. I have no recollection of this." I say, gazing at the flyer. Does the woman seem familiar?

"Also, I was pretty sure I had a hat."
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Simon Quispe

Simon hears the others discussing something, and goes back to the van to take a look at it.

Then, if his phone has a camera, takes a few snapshots of the inside of the van.

"Yeah, let's go to the motel..."
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Rutger Paddington, No you have no idea who she is or what the flyer is all about.

The walk from the van to the lights of the building takes you about twenty minutes. It is, for some, a nightmare journey as sore muscles and bruised limbs are forced to move forward. All the time the threat of the approaching storm drives you on, and after a few yards the cold September rain has begun to seep through your clothing, which even without the rips and tears would have seemed inadequate for the time of year. The slightest noise in the roadside cornfields has you jumping with alarm, even though you try to dismiss childish fears you can’t help but feel something bad is dogging your footsteps.
By the time you arrive at the lighted building, a farm, the first drops of what will be a downpour has begun to fall, its force kicking up dirt from the road. There is a doorbell next to the front door above which the name ‘Baker’ advertises the owners of the property. Luckily a covered porch allows you some respite from the elements.
Ringing the bell, although a flurry of barking from within shows your arrival has not gone unnoticed, brings a tall, bearded man whose workwear clothing screams farmer. He looks you up and down, a hint of suspicion evident in his eyes as he takes in your condition, “Yeah, how can I help y’all?”

OOC:   Here is a map of Clio and the aera around it. X marks the crash site and Y the motel. The Bakers farm is slightly below the site to the south-west  
- Anais Nin
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Hippo

"Mister, our van's been in a smash not far out of here and we need to get transportation back to our motel over by Clio. Some of us are a bit shook up. Can you help us?"
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"A warm meal, clothes and a warm bath sure would be nice.", I say with a nod.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Maybe we could use your phone?" asks Gracie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Karl Anderson

"Any help would be appreciated Sir. Could I please use your bathroom?"
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The householder looks at you for a few moment as if judging any potential threat you may represent, “Crash you say near here? Any one hurt badly?” Without waiting for an answer he opens the door wide, exposing a comfortable looking hall, “Y’all come on in, I’ll get Martha to fix coffee”

Inside the comfortable farm house with coffee duly supplied by the farmer’s wife Martha, the farmer, Dave Baker as he introduces himself, continues his questions, “How’d y’all manage to crash on this road it aint exactly dangerous and we don’t get much traffic through here?”

As he speaks you notice that he keeps glancing at Rutger Paddington as if he recognises him.

“I can see if’n I can get a tow truck out of Dave’s garage to maybe haul your van out” He takes a moment to again look you all over, “Likewise I can call the cops or an ambulance if’n you need them”
- Anais Nin
Hank Hankins
Layman
Layman

Post by Hank Hankins »

Rutiger Paddington

"Have we met, sir?" I ask.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you," says Gracie, looking at the others. "I don't think any of us are hurt bad enough to need an ambulance, but our van could sure use that tow."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Forget Me Not - CoC 7th Ed. Modern Era”