[IC - CHAPTER TWO] Those Who Stayed (Oliver, Stogie,Amadeus)

March, 1945: the forces of the Axis are falling back on all fronts. After half a decade of bloodshed and destruction, the end of the war is finally approaching. Yet, unknown to the Allies, the enemy has one more ace up their sleeve. A routine investigation of an abandoned submarine base leads to the discovery of a massive Nazi secret operation in Antarctica. As the Allies gather whatever forces they can divert to this new front of the war, a desperate race against time begins in the heart of the frozen continent, one last clash under the shadow of the Mountains of Madness to thwart this final plot of horror and madness.

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

[IC - CHAPTER TWO] Those Who Stayed (Oliver, Stogie,Amadeus)

Post by Overlord87 »

8 May, 1945. HMS Atlantic Isle

After the end of the horrible experience at the enemy base in Saxenberg, you only wanted to get as far away as possible from Southern Atlantic. Once you got back at HMS Atlantic Isle, you got the chance to rest and recover, heal both the body and the mind. At first, you were grateful for that. But once the days turned into weeks, restlessness took over. You wanted to be out of here, be back home, be where it mattered. Not just lost in the middle of nowhere.

But the base commander made things clear. You were to stay there. Wait. Those were the orders. You got the unpleasant impression that your future was being decided elsewhere. That while you waited, things of the utmost importance were happening just outside your field of view. And this only made your frustration grow worse.

You spent days training, reading, occasionally birdwatching. A couple of times you were invited to join the other soldiers in their drills. Yet, not being formally part of the base garrison, you were spared having to participate in any other activity or manteinance work. Anything that could help you relieve your boredom, in fact. By the end of the sixth week, you almost felt like going crazy.

That's when Dowson-Frost comes to gather you: "Big news, guys. The commander wants to see you.
Your time with us is almost over... much to your disappointment, I'm sure"
, he grins.
Spoiler:
OOC:   Each one of you can make a CONx5 roll. Those who succeed get the following skill improvements:
Climb 2d6
Pilot Boat 5d6
Survival (Arctic) 3d6  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: [IC - CHAPTER TWO] Those Who Stayed (Oliver, Stogie,Amad

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oliver smiles back. "I suppose you've heard the news that Jerry has finally thrown in the towel," he says. "I wasn't expected to be demobbed so quickly, though."
OOC,How many Luck points do I recover? I noticed I have the Lucky trait, which says I get back an extra 1d10 between chapters, but I'm not sure how many I get normally. CON x 5 roll (60% stat): [dice]0[/dice] Climb increase: [dice]1[/dice] Pilot Boat increase: [dice]2[/dice] Survival (Arctic) increase: [dice]3[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Moving things along, hoping that HelplessBystander is coming back soon.  
Stogie grunts with something that might sound like relief as he stands up and lights a cigarette, ready to follow Dowson-Frost. "About bloody time", he mutters.

Amadeus looks less relieved. "Zat... zat is gut, I guess. But does zat mean ve are going back, yes? No more time in ze cold, yes?", he asks with half expectation, half panic in the voice. Dowson-Frost can't suppress a smile as he quickly winks at Oliver and Stogie before turning back and leading you towards the camp airfield.
Mr.Handy,You recover 2d10+10 Luck points between chapters.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Luck recovery (current level 12/60): [dice]0[/dice] Was that 2d10+10 including the extra 1d10?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Assault on the Mountains of Madness”