[IC - Chapter One] We Are Not Alone

March, 1945: the forces of the Axis are falling back on all fronts. After half a decade of bloodshed and destruction, the end of the war is finally approaching. Yet, unknown to the Allies, the enemy has one more ace up their sleeve. A routine investigation of an abandoned submarine base leads to the discovery of a massive Nazi secret operation in Antarctica. As the Allies gather whatever forces they can divert to this new front of the war, a desperate race against time begins in the heart of the frozen continent, one last clash under the shadow of the Mountains of Madness to thwart this final plot of horror and madness.

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

[IC - Chapter One] We Are Not Alone

Post by Overlord87 »

The group of Oliver, Smalls, Tom, Amadeus and Dowson-Frost is heading back to the power room, to reactivate the generator. As soon as they re-enter the docks area, though, the lights come back to life on their own. "So it's not broken, I guess. Just unst-", mutters Dowson-Frost, but he stops suddenly as you all notice Stogie on the other side of the docks, some thirty meter away from your position. He has just emerged from behind the bulk of the damaged submarine, and he's running and screaming, the gun held up as he seems about to shoot in the air.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: [IC - Chapter One] We Are Not Alone

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oliver grips his pistol and looks around for any danger. "What happened?" he asks Stogie.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

Amadeus took a shaky breath and looked around uncomfortably. As though the damp atmosphere could be dispelled by pure will alone. He stared at Stogie blankly for a moment, and then turning back to Oliver with some paradoxical combination of calm and panic mixed together seamlessly within like a cup of hot coffee and chocolate syrup on a hot summer day. With some degree of control within his voice, Amadeus said,"I don't know. But, iz probably someting vvvvery bad. Anyvun up for ze explosives?"
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've got one of the Panzerfausts," says Oliver, "but let's find out what the threat is before we start firing them about with mad abandon."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Amadeus considered the situation, and then proceeded to snort in derision for a bit. "Aye, and I know exactly how to exactly how fix dis."

He turned towards the general direction they ran from and bellowed from the top of his lungs with a gusto. "EVERYVUN WHO IZ OUR ALLIEZ, GET DOWN! VE ARE ABOUT TO THROW ZE EXPLOSIVES!! KOME OUT VHERE VE CAN SEE YOU; IF JOU ARE OUR ENEMY; COME OUT VHERE VE CAN SEE JOU. VE NEED A TARGET TO AIM!" He looked around and heard his voice reverberating in the silence, before saying with a much more profound calmness in his voice, "Zat should about do it. Oliver,
steady jour handz. Ve might have a few guests."

Spot Hidden 60%,[dice]0[/dice]
Listen 25%,[dice]1[/dice]
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Smalls Kemp

In another moment Smalls would find Amadeus' request to their enemies pretty funny, but right now he is too worried with what he is seeing. "Stogie, where's Nick??" He shouts while getting the machine-gun ready. Aiming at Stogie's general direction he says to the others: "Something's wrong. Why is he screaming like that?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oliver rolls his eyes after Amadeus's outburst. Civilians... he thinks.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Stogie, with blood running down the back of his pants and leaving a trail of bloody shoe prints behind him, points the 45 backwards behind his head and fires a shot blind into the darkness behind him. His face is white, smeared with blood and etched with pain.

"There's a friggin' Nazi monster behind me somewhere!! It's killed Nick and it's carrying his head, and a whole bunch of other heads!! I dunno!" This is said in a harsh yell.

Stogie legs it to the others then spins to face back the way he came. He drops to one knee, gasping for breath and leaking messy blood everywhere. At this point, the ghastly slash across his back, with the odd pinky-white rib possibly visible, will become evident...
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Tom Major

"Jesus, not again!" thinks Tom.

He readies his panzerfaust, kneeling so as to steady his aim. "Out of the way everyone, in case I need to use this thing!"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Amadeus shouted at Tom, "Just throw that Goddamned Panzerfaust. Fer God's sake, you heard ze man. Whatever's behind 'im, it iz with ze Nazis, and ve are fighting Nazies, are ve not? So just throw ze thing and step ze hell back, alongside everyone elze."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Smalls Kemp

Smalls' body is all stiff, ready to shoot. "Hold your fire until we have visual on the target! Stogie, are you sure it followed you??"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Amadeus sighed in resignation. "Cap'n. Kuick question, by the time ve get ze visuals; how many people of us bill be dead? I think ve need to oben fire and then run avay like ze little girls. I survived ze great var like dis. Jou should try."
Last edited by HelplessBystander on Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're hurt bad, let me help," says Oliver to Stogie, handing him his Panzerfaust while he works on his wound.
OOC,First Aid roll (70% skill) treating [b]Stogie[/b]'s wound: [dice]0[/dice] HP restored to [b]Stogie[/b]: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

With a restrained grunt of pain, Stogie takes the panzerfaust, holstering his 45 to do so.

"I didn't stick around to see if it was following me or I'd be kindling by now. It certainly came outa the vent and into that room I was in. Watch out with any of the vents, it can get through them."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Everything is still silent around you. Only your frenetic words break the stillness of the atmosphere inside the base. But no one, or no thing, comes into view. After a few minutes, it seems you are safe - for now.
Oliver,As you treat Stogie's wound, you find a slimy ichor around it, yellow-ish in color. It sticks to your fingers when you touch it, but it can be easily removed with water.
Successful Occult Roll,You heard somewhere that some occult Nazi secret society was working on resurrecting the dead. Some say they succeeded, although not entirely: they created monsters made of dead bodies fused together, like a Frankenstein, but ten times worse.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Vell, I don't can't ti jinx it, but I think ve are safe for now. Vat do ve next?" Amadeus said cheerfully. As he scanned the surroundings and cocked up his shotgun.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Smalls Kemp

Smalls also puts his gun down. "I think you're right. We still have a few doors back there, but let's be careful. Keep an eye on these vents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oliver isn't quite sure what to make of the ichor, but he washes it off and then finishes cleaning and bandaging the wound. "We'll proceed with caution, then," he says. "From here on out, we all stick together."
OOC,Occult roll (5% base skill) about the ichor: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Just to be clear, anyone can take the Occult roll, not just Mr. Handy.  
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

OOC:   I don't want to risk Fumbling for a 5% Occult roll...  

Return to “Assault on the Mountains of Madness”