[IC - Chapter One] We Are Not Alone

March, 1945: the forces of the Axis are falling back on all fronts. After half a decade of bloodshed and destruction, the end of the war is finally approaching. Yet, unknown to the Allies, the enemy has one more ace up their sleeve. A routine investigation of an abandoned submarine base leads to the discovery of a massive Nazi secret operation in Antarctica. As the Allies gather whatever forces they can divert to this new front of the war, a desperate race against time begins in the heart of the frozen continent, one last clash under the shadow of the Mountains of Madness to thwart this final plot of horror and madness.

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 5 months

Re: [IC - Chapter One] We Are Not Alone

Post by Overlord87 »

The creature stops for a second, more annoyed than actually hurt by the bullets crashing into its body. Then it starts running again... and that's when Oliver's Panzerfaust hits it right in the middle of its nightmarish body. It's just a matter of moments then, as Stogie's grenade explodes as well, unleshing even more devastation on the monster.

And finally, that is enough even for that thing. As the smoke dissipates, there's nothing more of it left - only a large stain of blood, and a few memories for your future nightmares. After the explosions, silence falls on the docks. Some of you can scarcely believe what they saw - or even being alive at all.
OOC:   Sorry for being a little absent. Time to wrap up this prologue, count who's still in, and hopefully bring in some new players.  
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

OOC:   has Amadeus finished fixing/dislodging the machine?  
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oliver lets out his breath as he drops the empty tube that had held the rocket, which lands on the dock with a clatter. "Bloody hell," he mutters, looking around for anyone who is wounded but somehow still alive so he can treat their injuries, starting with Stogie. "They're not going to believe this at the debriefing, but at least we'll probably live to get there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Dowson-Frost sits on the floor and lights himself a cigarette. "Jesus... I didn't sign up for... for this", he gestures towards the large bloodstain that's all that's left of the creature. He seems about to puke as he looks at Tom's half-eaten body, then says: "Let's just gather whatever we need from this place and be on our way, alright?"
Amadeus,You keep working on the device for a few hours until you're finally able to remove it.
Oliver,From now on, you develop a mild phobia of raw meat and dismembered bodies, as they stir up some really troubling thoughts and memories in you.
OOC:   I'm going to start looking for a few replacement players,and will move things along in the coming days.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right," says Oliver with a shudder, looking away from the grisly remains. "I've got the charts from the U-Boat, which indicate a secret Nazi base in Antarctica. That's all I can tell without knowing German. Amadeus knows the lingo, but he's busy salvaging a gadget. We''ll need to get both of those to the boffins and let them have at it. I just hope what we found was worth all this."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

After Amadeus has finished his work, you're finally back on the boat to reach the HMS Spearhead, that will get you safely away from this island of horrors. Once you get back to the base, HMS Atlantic Isle, you deliver the intelligence you gathered, along with the strange device removed from the german submarine, and hope to be quickly out of the southern half of the world. But days stretch over into weeks, and still no new orders reach you. It seems you're stuck in the middle of the Atlantic, at least for the time being.
OOC:   Everyone recovers 1D20 Sanity points. You fully heal from your wounds.

You can also make experience rolls for skills.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Do I get back any of the Luck I spent? I currently have 12 left of my original 60. Sanity gain (current level 47): [dice]0[/dice] First Aid (70% skill) XP check: [dice]1[/dice] Spot HIdden (55% skill) XP check: [dice]2[/dice] Climb (40% base skill) XP check: [dice]3[/dice] Climb increase: [dice]6[/dice] Military Doctrine (5% base skill) XP check: [dice]4[/dice] Military Doctrine increase: [dice]7[/dice] Heavy Weapons (15% base skill) XP check: [dice]5[/dice] Heavy Weapons increase: [dice]8[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

SAN REGAIN,[dice]0[/dice]
German 75%,[dice]3[/dice]
Electrical Repair 10%,[dice]2[/dice] [b]IMPROVEMENT:[/b] [dice]4[/dice] New Skill Level=12%
Climb 40%,[dice]1[/dice] [b]IMPROVEMENT:[/b] [dice]5[/dice] New Skill Leve=42%
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)

Return to “Assault on the Mountains of Madness”