[IC - Chapter One] Saxemberg

March, 1945: the forces of the Axis are falling back on all fronts. After half a decade of bloodshed and destruction, the end of the war is finally approaching. Yet, unknown to the Allies, the enemy has one more ace up their sleeve. A routine investigation of an abandoned submarine base leads to the discovery of a massive Nazi secret operation in Antarctica. As the Allies gather whatever forces they can divert to this new front of the war, a desperate race against time begins in the heart of the frozen continent, one last clash under the shadow of the Mountains of Madness to thwart this final plot of horror and madness.

Moderator: Overlord87

Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Re: [IC - Chapter Three] Saxemberg

Post by Overlord87 »

The submarine rests under a collapsed loading derrick. It's not really the safest thing to do, but one could walk over it to reach the submarine from the dock, and then walk to the conning tower. Alternatively, there's a hole in the forward cargo door, most likely originated from a Panzerfaust shot, practically at water level. It should be possible to swim to it and use it as an entrance.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oliver also takes a Panzerfaust, which far outclasses his own weapons, though it has the disadvantage of only being usable once. "Looks like one of these is what blew open the U-Boat," he says. "I wonder why the Jerries did that? Any volunteers to go aboard her and look around?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Stogie grins around his cigar. "No offence Doc, but I've had enough a' swimming for one winter."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Smalls Kemp

Kemp looks around the dock, trying to understand what happened here. He tries to mentally create a timeline of events, talking more to himself than the others. "Ok, so... No Germans around, and no sign of combat so far, except for this mess here. We got the sub, but there are three docks so they must have left in other sub. But why? And who the hell blow this one open? A mutiny, maybe? " He stares at the hole, M1919 in hand.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You and me both," says Oliver to Stogie. "Of course, it's really late summer here in the Southern Hemisphere, but you wouldn't know it from how cold it was. As to what happened here, we can only speculate until we find some actual evidence. There've got to be documents about what's been going on here somewhere. The Nazis are sticklers for keeping records."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"You'd think any documents would be in the main command room. That should be somewhere fairly close, I'd think," Nick says. "Anybody see any doors leading out of here?"
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

"Yes, let's check around first, Tom agrees. "If push comes to shove, I might try my luck across that derrick. Don't fancy getting wet though".
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Stogie keeps searching the giant dock, flashlight and 1911 in hand, cigar chomped, looking for Germans, doors and explanations.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

The docks area is huge, and even with the help of the flashlights, you can only reveal part of it. You are now at the leftmost dock, where the UX-824 was docked, and now lies almost in shambles. Walking past it, you discover a large blast door, on the left, sealed as the one you previously encountered. Farther ahead, the wall turns right and runs parallel to the submarine. You can see another door, ahead, this time it's a steel one, with a wheel to open it. Past that, the dock and the wall disappear in the darkness. Also, the docks area extends in the other direction. Past the other two docks, there might be more, other doors, other rooms.
"Well, we don't know what happened here, but I think we can say that there are no more Jerrys around. Good for us", says Sergeant Dowson-Frost, "And while this probably means they didn't leave behind anything useful, let's just take a quick look around, and then we can be on our way back home. Perhaps we can split up and cover more ground, what do you say Captain?"

OOC:   I'm not particularly good at sketching, but this should help you. I have reported all the areas you have currentlly discovered: https://postimg.org/image/48fx7264r/  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds good," says Oliver. "I'll take a group and see what's behind that door with the wheel while you take one and search the rest of the docks area. Wonder if that blast door's the same one we saw in the cave."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Stogie rumbles, "I'm with you, Doc." He ambles over to join Oliver.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Tom shoulders his newly acquired Panzerfaust. "I'll help search the rest of the docks. Lead the way Sargeant."
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"I'll go check out the wheelroom, I suppose," Nick says.
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Smalls Kemp

Ok, let's split them. Oliver, Stogie, Nick and Amadeus take this side of the docks while Sgt. Dowson-Frost, Tom and I go to take a look at the other side. What do you say, Doc?
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

OOC:   Good, I'll wait until tomorrow if someone has something to add, then open up the two new topics.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's do it," says Oliver with a nod.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death