[IC - Chapter One] The Briefing

March, 1945: the forces of the Axis are falling back on all fronts. After half a decade of bloodshed and destruction, the end of the war is finally approaching. Yet, unknown to the Allies, the enemy has one more ace up their sleeve. A routine investigation of an abandoned submarine base leads to the discovery of a massive Nazi secret operation in Antarctica. As the Allies gather whatever forces they can divert to this new front of the war, a desperate race against time begins in the heart of the frozen continent, one last clash under the shadow of the Mountains of Madness to thwart this final plot of horror and madness.

Moderator: Overlord87

Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Re: [IC - Chapter Two] The Briefing

Post by Mister Ginge »

"Do you have any information on enemy size and concentration Sir?" asks Tom. "The more inforrmation we have, the better. Who discovered their presence at Saxemburg?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

"Assuming the base is still fully operational, you can expect to find 30-40 jerrys inside, most of them non-fighting personnel. We are almost sure there is no submarine currently docked inside at the moment, so no crew to deal with. Regarding the source of the intelligence, HQ likes to keep secrets, but from what I got, it comes from a raid behind enemy lines. I don't know much more than this".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Do we have any information about whoever's in command of the base?" asks Oliver.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Stogie chomps on a cigar. "Well, gimme ten minutes in the head and I'm good to go. Beats driving a cab."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Lieutenant Commander Woolley walks towards a desk and picks up some documents, takes a look, then says: "According to our intelligence, officer in command should be Obersturmbannführer Hermann Beyersdorf", he speaks the words slowly, with the expression of someone eating something particularly sour, "Departure is tomorrow at dawn. You can eat if you want, look at your equipment, and get a few hours of sleep".
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

"Yes, Sir! Excuse me." Smalls gives the Lieutenant Commander a formal salute and leaves the room, excited by the idea of having a hot meal and a proper bed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sounds like a plan," says Oliver. "Some food and some shuteye would hit the spot. Do we know anything about this Beyersdorf beyond his name and rank?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Tom wonders if he's come across the name Beyersdorf before..
Spoiler:
OOC:   Can Tom make some kind of roll to this effect?  
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Mister Ginge,You can make a Know roll, although I'd give you a penalty since it's a piece of information you are very unlikely to have stumbled on. Anyway, as your Section M report mentioned possible Black Sun activity in the base, it seems very likely that the commanding Navy officer was, in fact, under the authority of the highest ranking Black Sun member operating there.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Know roll [dice]0[/dice]
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Stogie nods politely and heads back to the mess hall for more food before cleaning and double checking his kit.
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Amadeus nods and furrows his brow as the military men discuss their military things. He hopes his acting is good enough not to betray his utter bewildered state of mind.

After the conversation dies down and people begin to leave, he yells, "Vile I'm alvays grateful for a free trip haff vay around ze vorld, I don't see my need here. Zis mission seems a quick smash and gather intel. Vy do you need my expertise?"
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Lieutenant Commander Woolley looks at Amadeus with poorly hidden distaste and answers him: "You must be Doctor Galishoff. Well, once you get back, you can ask that same question at the bright minds back at HQ. For the moment, as you've flown half the globe to get there, wasting precious fuel, you might as well try to make yourself useful, right?"
Mister Ginge,You do remember seeing the name [b]Beyersdorf[/b] in the report you got before the mission. There were not many information, except for a very brief personal history - only that he was captain of the [b]U-122[/b] in the early days of the war, and he is believed to have sinked around 15 ships. The report stated he's of no particular importance for Section M, although he might have useful "standard" military intelligence.
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Sounds easy enough," Nick says, even while he thinks silently to himself, That means it won't be... "Just point me to the chow line. I could do with some grub."
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Amadeus notices the scowl on Woolley's face. Considering his position, in the middle of nowhere with no way of reaching home, Amadeus forces himself to swallow his pride. "My apologies, Lieutenant Commander," he coughs a bit choking on the unfamiliar words. "I meant no offense. I'm just trying to find my place amongst you fine, decorated officers. I know my accent iz not a pleazing one in zese times, but, I assure you,
I seek to eradicate the Nazi zreat az much az anyone."
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Tom pats Amadeus on the back. "Don't worry old chap, he winks. I'm sure you'll more than prove your worth on this trip." He then proceeds to the mess in search of tea.
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Amadeus flinches at the unfamiliar gesture of familiarity. He thinks: How odd... izzis a ritual of initiation of sorts? A symbol of acceptance into their testosterone laden pack? Am I 'von of ze guys'? He felt slight condescension for the primitiveness of it all. However, Amadeus felt far more pride than would have openly admitted.

He slowly followed Tom towards the mess hall as a wolf might follow an alpha.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

You walk outside the building under the severe gaze of the Lieutenant Commander. The fresh air is welcome, after the tense atmosphere that quickly established itself inside. Sergeant Dowson-Frost doesn't make any comment on it, and simply says: "Give me a list of any equipment you think we might need inside, apart from the usual stuff, and I'll see if I can find it around the camp. Then I'll take you to your beds".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm pretty well kitted out," says Oliver. "Some extra morphine wouldn't go amiss, and some sedatives in case we have the opportunity to take prisoners who are less than cooperative. We should also bring mine detectors, just in case the blighters have mined the island."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Same," says Sgt. Laplanche, who has gulped down the rest of his dinner and hurried outside with the others. "Can't think of much of anything else I need, except maybe a little more ammunition if you can scrounge any up."

Return to “Assault on the Mountains of Madness”