[IC - Chapter One] The Briefing

March, 1945: the forces of the Axis are falling back on all fronts. After half a decade of bloodshed and destruction, the end of the war is finally approaching. Yet, unknown to the Allies, the enemy has one more ace up their sleeve. A routine investigation of an abandoned submarine base leads to the discovery of a massive Nazi secret operation in Antarctica. As the Allies gather whatever forces they can divert to this new front of the war, a desperate race against time begins in the heart of the frozen continent, one last clash under the shadow of the Mountains of Madness to thwart this final plot of horror and madness.

Moderator: Overlord87

Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Re: [IC - Chapter Two] The Briefing

Post by Steveoknox24 »

"I second ze call for ammunition," Amadeus calls from the other end of the room. "I shoot a shotgun. I doubt zere's much call for such an inefficient veapon in the field but it's vhat I'm used to."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

"Well,", Stogie rumbles, "A bag of grenades wouldn't go astray."
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 8 years 4 months

Post by Overlord87 »

Sergeant Dowson-Frost nods to Amadeus as he lits up another cigarette: "The shotgun will work just fine inside the base. Might get a bit messy for an amateur, though", he chuckles, without sounding too amused. "I'll get the ammo, and the grenades. I'm not sure we have a mine detector easily available here, but the island is practically a rock, I don't think mines will be a problem". He guides you to the barracks, where you'll be sleeping along with the rest of the soldiers in the island, then leaves you to make the last preparations for the mission.
OOC:   I'll leave you some time to make comments or discuss the mission, then I'll move things forward.  
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

"Well I'm off to get some shut-eye. Early start and all that.."

Tom gives his kit the once over, before settling down to some much needed rest.

"Kippers for breakfast would be nice."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Oliver checks over his medical supplies and other equipment thoroughly before going to sleep.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Stogie is pretty happy his equipment is clean and good to go. Food and sleep beckon.
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Though Amadeus has always been a nightowl, he can't deny the callings of severe jetlag. However, he's not going to bed before his final cigar of the day. He pours himself a vodka and returns to the group, many of whom have left for bed by the time he gets back. He shoots a questioning look at all those still awake. Vhere can I go to indulge my vvices?
I'd hate to disturb my new comrades."
leonardolad
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by leonardolad »

Smalls Kemp

"Vell, zoctor..." Smalls chuckles at his failed attempt to imitate Amadeus' accent and gives the man a friendly tap on the back as a way to lighten the mood. "My equipment is all set so, If you don't mind the cold, I can have a smoke before sleep."
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Amadeus shudders at the prospect of entering frosted wasteland outside, but addiction calls. "Vell I suppose ve better get used to zis type of veather." He holds out a cigar to Smalls. "Zat vas pretty good by ze vay." He smiles and nods his approval... though Amadeus has never been a particularly good actor.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Overlord87 »

Some of you take one last smoke outside, some others double check their equipment, the rest lay on their beds, thinking about tomorrow, and your mission. But soon tiredness kicks in, and you welcome sleep as you try to regain as much energy as possible in the few hours you have.
OOC:   Continues here: viewtopic.php?f=409&t=6062  

Return to “Assault on the Mountains of Madness”