[IC - Chapter One] We Are Not Alone

March, 1945: the forces of the Axis are falling back on all fronts. After half a decade of bloodshed and destruction, the end of the war is finally approaching. Yet, unknown to the Allies, the enemy has one more ace up their sleeve. A routine investigation of an abandoned submarine base leads to the discovery of a massive Nazi secret operation in Antarctica. As the Allies gather whatever forces they can divert to this new front of the war, a desperate race against time begins in the heart of the frozen continent, one last clash under the shadow of the Mountains of Madness to thwart this final plot of horror and madness.

Moderator: Overlord87

Re: [IC - Chapter One] We Are Not Alone

Postby Mr. Handy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 am

"If you don't need anything else," Oliver says to Amadeus, "Stogie and I will see what else we can find while you're busy removing the device. We'll start with the captain's cabin. The skipper had to have kept a log."
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby andyw666 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:52 am

"Sounds like fun to me. A nice souvenir from the skipper's cabin would look great in my front room back in Chicago. Point me in the right direction, Cap." Stogie has his 1911, flashlight and cigar ready.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Postby HelplessBystander » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:39 pm

Amadeus shudders at the noise, but continued his work. Gesturing to the others that he can do this along.

With gusto, he started work, determined to hold it together until they return back to a safer area...wherever that is at this point. He wanted nothing more than to take a good hot showers and to sit down reading whilst drinking tea. He sighed slightly as wondered what kind of Faustian bargain had he made to deserve all this. A monster hunting him down, grouped with soldiers with more experience and courage than him, and committing actions that are normally out of character for him.

No rest for the damned. he thought grimly, as the rhythmic thumping noise tapped away at the edge of his awareness.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:10 am

Oliver also has his pistol in hand. He leads the way to where he expects the captain's cabin - such as it is on a vessel this small - to be.
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Postby Overlord87 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Oliver and Stogie walk through the dark corridors of the submarine, lighting their way with the flashlights as they go. After a few minutes, they enter what appears to be the captain's cabin. It appears that this cabin was not messed with as the Nazis fled the base, and there are still maps, and logs, and books around. Apart from that, it is a common cabin, tidy and well-kept, definitely more comfortable than your average sailor's bunk bed in a common room.

Meanwhile, Amadeus keeps working on the strange device. He is making progress, but more time will be required to remove it safely.

Spoiler:
Sorry if we're moving slowly, I'll wait a couple more days for leonardolad, then I'll move things forward on the outside.
Overlord87
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:39 pm

"Don't suppose you know any German?" asks Oliver, gathering up the books, logs, and maps. He takes special care to collect anything that might be a code book, as well as the Enigma code machine if it's still present. "If not, I'm sure Amadeus does." He examines the maps, from which he should still be able to determine something even without knowing German.

Spoiler:
Other Language:German roll (1% base skill) to read the captain's stuff:
Mr. Handy rolled 1d100:
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin