IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

While Story, his companions, and their friends learn more about the threat they face and how to stop it, they also track down those responsible for unleashing it - with dangerous results.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Near Steadman's Warehouse - Limehouse, London, England
7:43 PM - Sunday, September 8, 1940

Brook reached Eugene's side and saw with relief that he was still alive. Though he looked much worse for the wear, she knew that he was unharmed physically and would recover in time - but it didn't look like the Germans would stop their bombing to wait for that. The bombs were getting closer and closer. Then a familiar-looking air raid warden ran up to them. It was Eddie Lawlor, and he recognized her too.

"Oh, it's you, Miss," he said. Then he looked down at Eugene, horrified. The man was covered with terrible blisters, and liquid oozed from his pores. "Gas!" he cried in a panic, fumbling with his cardboard box to extract his gas mask. "Quick, Miss, put your mask on!"
Eugene Thomson,I'd forgotten to mention it earlier, but because you went temporarily insane due to a Mythos cause for the first time, your Cthulhu Mythos score increases by 5. You may roll against Cthulhu Mythos now to see what insane insights you might have about the monster. You may not act yet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 5 years 6 months

Re: IC-Ep 3-The Rescue(Brook/Eddie/Eugene)

Post by jp1885 »

Any relief that Eugene may have felt for his rescue was overridden by the terrible darkness that overwhelmed his broken mind. This was exacerbated by the compulsion to repeat everything Brook and Eddie were saying and the frustration that he couldn't move his jaw to do so.
Cthulhu Mythos 5,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,Not sure how to make a mythos check in 6e, so I've rolled a d100
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looked up at the familiar face. "Oh! Eddie, right? Nono! It's not gas, it was something else, some people did this to him! But I've seen it before, and I think he'll be okay, we just need to move him someplace safe! Will you help me? Where's the nearest shelter?" She looked down at poor Eugene. "Don't worry, Eugene, you'll be alright! We'll help you!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie was very strong, and with Brook's help, which he didn't seem to need much, they were able to pick up Eugene and carry him. "There's an air raid warden's post near here," he said. "They've got a telephone, and I could call for an ambulance. He really looks like he needs to go to hospital. If you're sure he's all right, we could go to the shelter at St. James's Church again."
OOC,Yes, you did the roll right.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

'Just as long as it's not dark!' Eugene screamed in his head. He allowed himself to be heaved up - he didn't have any other choice.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looked at Eugene, frowning a little. "Well, I'm pretty sure. The same thing happened to some other friends of mine, and it was just temporary. Let's go to the shelter, Story'll know what to do."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, all right," said Eddie, leading the way. "We sure don't want to stay around here."

Eugene was in intense pain and terror the whole time, wishing that it would just end. It took them a while, but they eventually reached St. James's Church and descended the stairs to the makeshift shelter, where Reverend Giles Curry awaited them. Nobody else was here yet. Fortunately for Eugene, it was lit by an electric light.

"Good Lord!" cried Giles when he saw in what state Eugene was. "Quick, lay him down on a spare pew!"

Eddie complied. Eugene began to feel the familiar pins and needles sensation again, as the pain subsided and ultimately faded away.
OOC,[b]Eugene[/b], you may act freely now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

As the pins and needles faded, Eugene felt able to move and speak again. Suddenly he sat bolt upright on the pew, eyes wide. "Good Lord! Quick, lay him down on a spare pew!"
He shook his head in puzzlement.
"Um, I mean thankyou - thankyou so much! The thing - did you see it?" He shuffled forward so that he was closer to the light, lest the shadows in the corner of the church overwhelmed him. "The father of all bats they called it. They're summoning these creatures to attack the Luftwaffe, but they demand a price of human lives! The light - it can't stand the light!"
He shook his head and laughed ironically. "I tried to talk to them, but that mad woman cast some kind of spell on me. They have a magic crystal - beware of that crystal!"
He slumped back, exhausted.
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook looked relieved at Eugene when he woke. "Eugene! Thank god, you had us worried! Yes, I saw it...it seemed to get hurt by the search light, they all fled back into the warehouse. I almost wish the germans will drop a bomb on it. How are you feeling?" she asked, concerned. "Are you alright?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

Eugene looked straight at Brook with wide eyes.
"How are you feeling? Are you alright? No, I don't think I am..." He gripped her arm. "The things I've seen miss... the things I've seen...!"
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook made a worried frown when Eugene seemed to repeat her own words. She glanced at his grip on her arm, and asked soothingly:"What did you see, Eugene?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie's jaw dropped as he stared. "The poor man," said Giles, shaking his head.
Eugene Thomson,Your temporary insanity is now over, so you no longer need to repeat what others say. Your indefinite insanity, fear of the dark, will continue for at least a month.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"The poor ma-" Eugene stopped and blinked. "Oh."
He tried to sit up and winced. "I feel like I've been through a mangle... What did I see? Well I'm not sure... Different worlds I suppose... Things out of an HG Wells novel, or one of those crazy pulp magazines. And then..."
He began to shake as the shadows in the church began to move closer.
"...it came - the Father of all bats... A thing, there but not there. It looked at me, into me, with it's single great eye - three pupils all in one horrible eye..."
He shuffled a little more. "They called it and I think they control it - not the husband but the mother and daughter. They have some jewel thing in a little box. I tried to reason with them, but they paralysed me with their magic spells."
He looked at their incredulous expressions. "Yes, I said magic - they're witches!"
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook didn't really look all that surprised, just concerned. "Yes...the bat thing looked sort of incorporeal...seethrough. Like it was in two dimensions at once, perhaps. But if they can take down planes, they must be quite solid. Maybe they need the sacrifice to become fully corporeal," she mused. "Good thing they didn't have time to finish their crazy ritual. I wish Story'd come, he might know some more by now."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Good heavens!" rasped Giles, pacing back and forth. "You mean they actually called up a demon? It does make sense that it can't stand the light."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"All I know is that they have to be stopped. I can't bear the thought of other innocent people going through what I've been through - this war is bad enough as it is!" Eugene thought for a moment. "The husband, Major Steadman, he seems the least fanatical. It might be possible to bring him on our side if we can get him alone... However, I think we need to discuss this with the others, especially Brook, your chum Mr. Story - he seems to know an awful lot about this weird stuff."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook nodded. "He knows about a lot of things. A lot of it weird. Now, can I get you anything? I mean, I'm not sure we've got any food or water...." She looked at Giles. "Is there anything to eat or drink around here?"
jp1885
Keeper
Keeper

Post by jp1885 »

"To be honest miss, I just want to rest for a while and settle my nerves as best I can." Eugene makes himself comfortable. "If you don't mind, I'll get my head down while it's quiet. Just make sure the light's left on..."
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook turned back to Eugene. "Of course...rest. We'll keep the light on, don't worry." She sat down on a pew and chewed her lip, hoping her friends would be back soon. Something had to be done about the Steadmans and their pet...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There's tea," said Giles, heading over to the tea set. "I think we could all use a cup round about now. I'll put the kettle on."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 3”