IC-Ep 2-Making the Rounds(Phyllis Cruckshank only)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Making the Rounds(Phyllis Cruckshank only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, she left earlier this morning," said Doris. "It was shortly after she received a visit from a gentleman and a woman. I've never seen them before, but the bloke was quite posh. I've only got the one sweater, I'm afraid, wool being in short supply. If you'll excuse me, I'll go fetch it for you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Phyllis gets ready and waits for Doris to come back. "What a super sweater, Doris, it"s a lovely shade of mauve. Can you remember what the lady was like? Nice clothes?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Nice enough," said Doris when she returned with the sweater. She went on to describe them both. The woman's description matched that of Anna Jerkins, and the gentleman could only have been Lord Rufus Colville.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis gives Maggie a knowing look. "Well, thank you very much, Doris; you've been so kind. I do so hope that Mrs Steadman senior isn't the dangerous escaped patient that the authorities are looking for; that would be very worrying for you, living next door." She heads towards the front door adjusting her hat. "If you need us for anything please don't hesitate to send a message to the W.I or the church at ..... (She gives the addresses of both places) and we'll come as soon as we can." Phyllis places the mauve sweater carefully in her bag and shakes hands with Doris.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're quite welcome," said Doris, returning the handshake. "It isn't Major Steadman's mother, though, it's his wife's. Her name's not Steadman, it's Exeter, same as the daughter's maiden name. Catherine Exeter." She gasps when she realizes something. "Wait, did you say dangerous escaped patient? You mean she could be on the loose? That might have been her I saw this morning?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis looks grave. "Well, I'm not sure but I spoke to one of the hospital staff last night who said that she had escaped. She was in hospital for a good reason; she's not a stable lady and it's not good news if you saw her around here. I think it's best if we alert the authorities straight away, quietly so as not to cause alarm of course. Maybe you could stay vigilant, Doris, and Maggie and I will return as soon as we can to check everything is alright still."

She heads out the door but turns just before walking down the steps. "So she didn't change her name to Steadman when she married the major? How odd. And the daughter took her name, not her father's? Odder still. How old would you say the major and his daughter are?"
ooc,I'm a bit confused about the family relations of the Steadmans/Exeters. Is it of relevence that the women keep the maiden name? Is Catherine the mother and the escaped looney? I know it was discussed back at the church but I can't find the details in the thread. Thanks!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, dear!" gasped Doris when Phyllis told her about the escape. "Yes, you're quite right. The authorities must be told. I think you misunderstood. Madeline is the one who married the major, and she changed her name from Exeter to Steadman. Her mother is Catherine Exeter. She never remarried after her husband died."
OOC,[b]Madeline Steadman nee Exeter[/b] is the daughter, who is married to [b]Major James Steadman[/b]. [b]Catherine Exeter[/b], the escaped loony, is her mother.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

ooc,All is revealed! Thank you.
Phyllis and Maggie bid farewell and hurry down the steps. Phyllis is about to trot down the street when she turns, "It can't do any harm; let's just knock, I'm sure there's nobody in though." And she walks quickly up to the Steadmans' door and raps the knocker whilst scanning the front of the house.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There was no response to the knock and no sign of anyone within the house.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Phyllis waits for a moment and then says, "lets go down to the main road and hopefully catch a No.43 back to the church, see if anyone is there and then continue to the hospital and let them know about Mrs Steadman." She bustles quickly down the street.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It will probably be a short while longer before I can get you back to the church, as I'm waiting for a new player to join us whose character will be there. There may also be other characters from other threads returning there, depending on how quickly they finish.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

ooc,We could visit the hospital first? But I'm also happy to wait: whatever fits best.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You shouldn't change your plans based on that. I should be able to get you back to the church by this weekend. It'll be late afternoon by the time you get there (you've spent time going to other houses in the neighborhood, but nobody knew anything that [b]Doris[/b] didn't already tell you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Phyllis and Maggie, having finished their survey of the neighborhood, made their way back to St. James's Church. At several of the other houses, there had been no answer to their knocks, and when there had been people home, nobody else had been able to tell them anything they hadn't already learned from Doris.
OOC,[b]Phyllis[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Tea Time
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”