IC-Ep 2-End of Shift(Eddie Lawlor only)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-End of Shift(Eddie Lawlor only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

ARP Wardens' Post - London, England
8:00 AM - Sunday, September 8, 1940

Eddie rode up to the nearest air raid wardens' post on his bicycle, the small cat sleeping in the basket. The post itself was underground, so that it too functioned as a shelter. The place was bustling with activity, though not as much as there had been during the raid. Still, the aftermath had resulted in a lot of work. Melissa was here too, talking to another female warden Eddie didn't know who was staffing the front desk. Melissa glanced up as Eddie entered.

"Oh, hullo, Eddie," she said with a smile. "Reporting in at the end of your shift, are you? Mine's only just getting started."

"I see you've made a rescue," said the other warden, eyeing the little cat in his arms. "Oh, what a dear kitty!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-End of Shift(Eddie Lawlor only)

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

"Morning Melissa" says Eddie. He nods to the lady he doesn't know. "Nice to meet 'ye. This here's Felix. He's been helping me out on me rounds."

Eddie sits down and takes the weight off his feet. "Found a girl murdered last night. Happened before the bombs fell mind. Warehouse on Salmon Lane. Poor lass. Looked like an animal had been at her."

He strokes Felix'sears. "Police are looking into it but don't suppose you've heard anything unusual last night? Apart from the bombs of course."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Murdered!" gasped the warden behind the desk, stopping in the middle of reaching out to pet the cat. "Oh, how dreadful! How could anyone do such a thing while Jerry's been bombing us?"

"Probably the ideal time," said Melissa. "The girl looked like she'd been killed in the bombing to me. The murderer may have been hoping that's what everyone would assume. I'm afraid I've heard nothing else out of the ordinary, aside from the bombs."

"Nor I."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Are you okay? It's been weeks since you posted.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Spoiler:
I'm back! Sorry, been very busy..
"Well I think I'm going to nip home and get some shut-eye. Sort this little fella out too. I'll be back later on."

Before he leaves through the door, Eddie turns and adds, "I think it might not be a good idea to go out on your own, if you don't mind me saying, ladies. Seems like it's not just the Jerries we need to worry about".
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"When I'm out on patrol, I don't have much choice," said Melissa. "Still, I've got my whistle. Take care, Eddie."

Eddie got back on his bicycle and pedaled home with the cat in the basket. Thankfully, his home had been spared last night. There was no damage from the bombing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie goes to bed, the events of the previous night playing through his mind. When he wakes up, he feeds the cat and heads back to the Wardens' post to see if there is any further news.

He has an idea to also visit the church again..

Felix will accompany him if he so wishes. Eddie puts a blanket in the basket especially.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Try as he might, Eddie could not fall asleep. The blackout curtains kept the sun out of his eyes just fine, but he had had enough sleep in the shelter the night before and was not tired. Also, the events of the last night kept racing through his mind. Not just the air raid, but the young woman's mysterious death kept him awake. He kept seeing her mangled corpse.

Eventually, he gave up trying to sleep. The cat was very grateful to be fed, lapping up a saucer full of milk quickly and devouring a kipper with equal gusto. It was happy to go with him wherever he liked.
OOC,I can't move time forward too much for you, or you'll be out of sync with the other threads. It's still morning. You can go back to the Wardens' post or the church, or elsewhere, as you prefer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

Eddie scratches his head, wondering what to do next. "Well Felix, I suppose we better head back to HQ. Can't get that young lass out of me head I'm afraid."

He sets off on his bike, making sure the cat is comfortable. "Think we'll just pop past the warehouse again on the way. See if the ol' BIll have found anything."

He starts whistling half-heartedly, but soon gives up when he sees the devastation wrought from the night before.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eddie pedaled by the ruined warehouse, which looked no better than the last time he had seen it. The area was still cordoned off as unsafe, but nobody else was around.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Exhaustion soon began to get the better of Eddie, and he returned home, where he slept for most of the day. He awakened in the early evening and had a quick meal of Woolton pie before donning his uniform, gathering his gear, and heading out to begin his patrol. As the sun was setting, the sirens sounded again, but unlike most Londoners, he could not take shelter. Duty called.

The bombs had already begun to fall, but thankfully none nearby, when there was the sound of screaming coming from a warehouse in Limehouse. He raced toward it and was shocked to see a bright light shining at ground level - a searchlight! To his great relief, it swept away and back up into the air just before he arrived on the scene.
OOC,[b]Eddie[/b], you are moving to the thread linked below:
The Rescue
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”