IC-Ep 2-The Dead Girl(Everyone else)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Dead Girl(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

There was a lot of dried blood in the middle of the street, but nothing else obvious there besides the trail of it leading to where the body had been found.

"I don't know about sending the body to the hospital," said Constable Lee. "The bodies of the others killed in the bombing last night aren't at the police morgue. We already know who murdered them." He glanced up at the sky with a grim expression.
OOC,[b]Archie[/b], please roll Persuade.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Persuade,[b]Archie's[/b] skill is 65% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
Archie does his best but long nights and strange hours combine to make him insufficiently eloquent, alas.

"Perhaps you could tell me where she will be taken then? A pauper's burial of some description?"
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

"Examining the body seems a good idea to me", Eugene puts in his two cents. "If it was a beast that attacked her there should be bite marks."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm sorry," said the constable, "but I have to bring her back to the police station. Her body will be turned over to her next of kin, probably her parents. They will decide what to do with her."
OOC,Anyone who wants to examine the body now that has not already done so may make a Medicine roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin walks over to the body to see if he can find any clues. He doesn't expect much from this, given that his experience is more related to tailoring...
Spoiler:
OOC:   Medicine 5%: [dice]0[/dice]  
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

John snaps out of his reverie and turns to the constable.

'I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself, constable. I'm Group Captain John Barrow of the 71st at Biggin Hill. We were involved in an entanglement up there last night.' John points up at the sky. 'It would break my heart to know that we fought and gave it our all, if this poor young woman will need to be picked up by her family in a police station. If they were to pick her up in a hospital, the citizens will think that we'd done everything in our might to save her and I'm sure that will leave everyone and everything a lot calmer.'
Something between persuasion 35% and credit rating 40% and war prestige 35%,[dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

While John is speaking to the constable, Eddie examines the woman's body, clueless as to what might have happened to her.
Spoiler:
Medicine 5%
[dice]0[/dice]
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

Eugene Medicine (05%),[dice]0[/dice]
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Medicine,[b]Archie's[/b] got a 5% default and rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You are right, Captain," said the constable. "Very well, you may take body to hospital. And thank you for protecting London!"
Eugene Thomson,In spite of the extreme damage to the body from the collapsed warehouse, [b]Eugene[/b] was able to see that that was not what had killed the young woman. He could see where she had been severely bitten by something with large teeth, but that was not what had killed her either. It had been the massive blood loss. There was something else, too. He found traces of ligature marks around the body, as if something had wrapped itself around her tightly, like a constrictor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John salutes in a friendly manner.

'We all do our duties in this bloody war, constable. It's good to know there's good men on the ground too.'

He then turns to Archie with a big smile.

'Well, best get her to Bart's then.'
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

"Oh my lord, they are right!" Eugene calls out in shock. "She hasn't died from the bombing! Looking at the size of the bite marks the thing must be huge, and she lost a lot of blood. Further more I think she has been strangled all over her body, like a snake would do! What kind of beast does that? A constrictor with wings? A vampire bat the size of a man?"
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Archie beams at John. "Well explained Captain, good work."

Then he turns to Eugene and places a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Excellent skills of observation, I wish I had your eyes. But every question you ask is right and I have no idea what the answers are. I do know what our next step is though."

Archie looks from ARP Warden Eddie to Constable Lee. "Gentlemen, I believe some kind of ambulance usually collects those killed in the Blitz? Obviously, we'll need to redirect it and I'd better alert Bart's."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at the bite marks, "We've been telling you all along." Looking away he says, "Beware of things that go bump in the night. Poor girl, never had a chance."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I will go back to station and telephone for ambulance," said Constable Lee. "Too far to carry." With a quick bow, he hurried off.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John looks more than a little pleased with himself as he turns to face the rubble. He nods at Archie in recognition of the compliment.

'While we wait for that ambulance we might as well get our hands dirty and see if we can dig up something useful. Blood is difficult to remove, and I'm sure that debris won't have blotted it all out'

John moves around the rubble, shifting some bits, trying to find something, anything, that may be helpful.
Spot Hidden 25%,[dice]0[/dice]
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

Eugene helps John move some rubble and looks for clues.
Spot hidden 65,[dice]0[/dice]
"I think it's clear what we have to do with the body of that poor girl, but what about the monster that did that to her, what's the first step there?"
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John smiles at Eugene.

"Well, the way I see it, there's three possibilities. The monster, whatever it was, either died in the collapse, fled before the building came down, or is stuck somewhere beneath the debris. In the first two cases, we don't have to worry."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

jaysun81 wrote:Story looks at the bite marks, "We've been telling you all along." Looking away he says, "Beware of things that go bump in the night. Poor girl, never had a chance."
Archie looks over at Story. "Well, Professor, your fears have certainly been corroborated, I believe. What worries me far more now is what actually did this? And is it still a threat to Londoners or perhaps our brave lads in the RAF?"

"So how do we find it, and how do we stop it?"
Archie looks around at the entire group, although he doesn't appear to expect any answers.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Digging around in the rubble mainly revealed more rubble, though there was some dried blood on the floor in the area immediately around the body. However, it wasn't anywhere near as much as the amount in the street. The only thing of note that Eugene saw was the crushed handbag pinned beneath the body.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”