IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Post by DrPeterson »

John frowned and looked from Story to Tinker, somewhat totally not with it.
He turns a questioning glance to Brook and Elizabeth, mouthing a silent 'what?'

'Listen, uhm, whatever you two are talking about.
Maybe we should go over the weird things of the night, starting with the leutnant and his beast here.'
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

"That's...not a very good answer." Anna threw up her hands in exasperation. She stared at John in curiousity. "What happened?"
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie is beginning to think he's the only sane person in the room, besides Felix. He's not the brightest card in the pack but realises there's more than meets the eye to what's going on here.

"It looks like a girl has been murdered not far from here, though her body is now is under rubble. Picked up a few strays on the way, though I think they're trustworthy. A couple even fell out of the sky." Looking at Rufus, "This chap seems to think there's a monster on the loose while we're getting bombed by his countrymen. A few of you seem to know each other. What are the chances, ey?"

With a laugh, "And this little chap is called Felix" .

"And my name's Eddie", he adds sheepishly.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Hello Eddie, nice to meet you." Anna said brightly, she stared at little Felix inquisitively, a curious mixture of adoration and scrutiny, before asking Eddie, "Um, Mr Eddie, can I pat him?"
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Spoiler:
Felix is a cat. There are no K-9s here..
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Spoiler:
Yeah, I realised that. That's why I ended up editing my post, but people do pet cats. At least, I do it. So, my question still stands, I guess.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

"Be my guest Miss. He doesn't bite..least not yet", he adds with a wink.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna patted furry little thing on the head, scratched his collar, the works. The cat's response was...mild annoyance, apparently.
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by leestriter »

Lord Colville couldn't believe his ears...another person in on Story's conspiracy, though they don't seem to have planned this new addition well.

"I do not believe this tall tale Professor Story has weaved about a monster, he wants to take advantage of our fear. We should be alert, many of the people here seem to be part of his little gang. I don't yet understand Miss Tinker's role in the whole thing but the rest of his crew are obviously up to something."
Last edited by leestriter on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks exasperated at lord Colville. "I've just about had it with you. To what end would we "take advantage of your fear", mister, to what end?! Have we asked for anything? We're in the middle of a bloody blitz, there's plenty of fear to go 'round without having to add to it without reason. If there's something out there attacking people, would you rather not know about it?! Fine, stick your head in the sand then! Let the rest take heed if they want!" The teenage girls huffs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I don't think [b]Eddie[/b] was calling [b]Rufus[/b] a German. He was referring to [b]Friedrich Kurtz[/b], the German airman.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Looking at Lord Colville, Story says, "Lord Cranky, you would be wise to listen to Brook... and to stop accusing the innocent. For all we know you may be a German mole." He smiles and continues, "However I would never level such an accusation at you simply because we just met not too long ago." Looking around at those gathered before returning his gaze to Lord Colville he says, "The threat in the night is real... be it a monster, or a bomb... there is death outside. We should all be able to agree with that."
Last edited by jaysun81 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Mr. Handy wrote:
OOC,I don't think [b]Eddie[/b] was calling [b]Rufus[/b] a German. He was referring to [b]Friedrich Kurtz[/b], the German airman.
Spoiler:
Whoops! Correct. Too busy making sure Felix didn't attack Anna. Apologies Rufus! :oops:
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Spoiler:
Edited my post sorry.
"Professor Story, I will at least concede that there is danger outside, and we should not be so foolish as to go out again. Now that everyone has heard my opinion of you, Professor Story, I hope we can move on, we may still be here a while yet and I don't wish to be trapped here as enemies.

He looks to Eddie, "It is good fortune you had time to get Felix, I have been breeding the most wonderful rabbits but I've had to leave them at home. I must confess some degree of worry about their safety."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"You're breeding rabbits?" Anna said, with some degree of resignation. "Those damned nightmarish hell-spawns don't need help to breed; before you know it, would've taken over your house. They aren't animals, are baby-making factories." She complained, obviously recalling a bad experience with rabbits.
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Rufus laughs off yet another person who is skeptical of his hobby. "My rabbits have been breed with exquisite hair and I make a nice profit on the side selling furs. We keep the numbers managed easily enough"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Oookay. Whatever you say, whatever you say. If it makes you happy." Anna said dubiously.
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

Eugene's head is spinning with all he has heard in the last minutes, he takes the bottle from Anna and finishes what's left in one gulp. "I think you are all suffering from severe shock and we really need something stronger than this to calm down!"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"I'm a psychiatrist; not liquor store owner. Don't look at me for alcohol!" Anna complained half-jokingly. She held up the small packet of fava beans. "Any takers for the beans?"
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

"No beans for me, thank you, we have enough explosions at the moment. But maybe you have some Chloral hydrate or Phenobarbital to cure these timelunnies!" Eugene winks at Anna as he points his thumb at the strange visitors.

Return to “Episode 2”