IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Post by HelplessBystander »

Anna stared long and hard at the man who had already closed his eyes are halfway to a restful sleep. She knew that he was trying to get a ride out of her. The best way to deal with this kind of person is generally to stay the hell away from them. She silently shuffled as far away as possible from the guy before briefly considering whether she should flick a small candy towards his eye just to mess with him. But after an internal debate, she decided that she wasn't that bored and she wanted to at least some shred of professional dignity remaining when she walk out of the shelter.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

John is still too pumped on adrenaline from the dog fight and the parachute, let alone the encounter with strange bunch. He steps up to Elizabeth and Brook and tries a warm smile.
'I think between the bean lady and the two gobbledigooks over there, you two girls seem like the sanest of the lot. Can you tell me in detail what the heck happened tonight, dead ladies and monsters included?'
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook looks at the American airman and nods. "Sure. We came to a warehouse, in the middle of the bombing. There, we discovered the body of a young woman. She'd been....mangled..like by an animal. You know, teeth and claws. But the blood trail came from outside and the door was closed. We went outside, and there was a pool of blood in the street, so we figured that's where she was attacked. Then whatever or whoever attacked her, dragged her inside. And closed the door. Which is a little disturbing if it was an animal..." The teenager speaks matter of factly, although looking a bit pale. "Then we met Eddie, he saw the body to by the way. He took us here, because of the bombing, and we told these others about the girl. Some of them wanted to find her, so we went back out, but in the meantime a bomb fell on the warehouse, levelling it...So we couldn't find the body, nor our transport which was parked in the warehouse..." she adds with a worried frown. "And that's when you came parachuting down."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna understood the gist of the story; they witnessed a particularly brutal case of animal attacks, and chose to rationalise it through mystical beliefs. She eavesdropped quietly on the group and silently copied down a few notes about the story, perhaps she could talk about it in her paper.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Archie apportions matches (for betting with) and deals mystical cards to those who are in. He encourages the leutnant to join in, explaining the rules if necessary.

"I think we lack sufficient information to speculate too much on what happen to that poor unfortunate up above. Until and unless further information comes to hand, it's time to play a hand."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Alright. I'll start." Anna said with some enthusiasm, drawing three cards.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

As Mrs Duncan begins to snore again, Phyllis Cruckshank leaves her and finds a pew near the German, "I'll watch him for a bit if you like. I'm wide awake." She sits down, gives the captured airman a hard stare and then delves into her bag for her knitting. Soon she is clicking away furiously, occasionally casting a glance at the prisoner.
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker nods along to Brook's story, "Interesting, an intelligent creature or animal, or a particularly vicious person. And how does the German over here fit in?"

As the conversation dies down, Tinker will sit on the floor with her back to the church organ to get some rest.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John nods, glad to hear Brook's version.

'Well, unless you came in a tank, i don't think there's going to be much left of your ride. But thanks for the clear mumbojumbo free explanation.'

He then looks at Tinker.
'He said their bomber had been attacked by a large winged creature. The only thing with wings on that we're sending up there are our Spitfires and Hurricanes. This war is driving people insane, turning us all into monsters if we let it.'
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story sits down against the wall and exhales deeply before shutting his eyes.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Whatever it was or wasn't, I hope we're safe in here," says Elizabeth. "We should probably get some rest until it's safe to go outside," she says, nodding towards Story and Mrs Duncan. "I think I'll get some shut-eye myself." She sits down beside Story, careful not to disturb him, and closes her eyes, trying to get a bit of sleep, and not dwell too much on the night's strange events, and in particular what happened to the TARDIS and what it means for them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ja, I vill play cards," said Friedrich, sitting down and joining the others.
OOC,I did have characters play an actual game of poker when I ran Space Oddity, but I won't do that here. Instead, I'll abstract the game. Everyone who is playing cards, please roll Luck. It won't be a problem for people to take shifts watching [b]Friedrich[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna looked at her cards, and placed down the ones she was sure about with great confidence.
Luck 80%,[dice]0[/dice]
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Luck,[b]Archie's[/b] [i]Luck[/i] is 90% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

Eugene Luck : 45,[dice]0[/dice]
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

'Well, might as well try to get some sleep myself. If you folks need to be relieved guarding the lieutenant, wake me up, okay?'

John finds a decent spot and pulls his cap down over his face, trying to get some rest.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Well, I hope you guys enjoy a good night's rest then." Anna said in a kind manner towards the half-asleep residents of the temporary bunker and then placed down her cards with an innocent smile on her face. It's pretty obvious what happens next isn't going to bode well for the people afflicted with bad luck.
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Luck 45
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook wanders a bit back and forth, restless and worried about their ticket home. Although, home was actually the TARDIS now...She looks at Tinker, wondering how Raymond could change so completely. Then she glances towards Story, who's resting.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Eugene and Friedrich only had junk in their hands. Rufus at least had a pair of jacks, which he thought at least had a chance, but Archie had two pairs, sixes and sevens, which about summed up how they all felt. However, Anna revealed her cards to show a full house, aces over eights, which by far beat anything they had. Of course, the fact that it was known as the dead man's hand was rather ominous.
OOC,[b]Friedrich Kurtz[/b]'s Luck roll (50% stat) playing cards: [dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Episode 2”