IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Long Night(Everyone)

Post by HelplessBystander »

With a stroke of luck and a devilish poker face, Anna had beaten everyone on the table and collapsed back on her chair with a small smile of satisfaction on her face as she giggled slightly as she packed up the cards and handed them back to their rightful owner. "Alright. I'm going off to get a little rest. It was fun, but I don't want to burn the midnight oil for any longer than I have to. Good night. "

On that note, Anna went and found a comfortable position on the pew and quickly went to sleep.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

Lord Colville found somewhere comfortable and went to sleep.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Archie pull out his pocket RN issue bible. Quietly, he moves around the room speaking to those who are awake, in case anyone wishes to pray with him before consigning themselves to sleep and possible Blitz oblivion.

Out of politeness, Archie does not make this offer to Benjamin, but he does return Benjamin's esoteric card deck with thanks.
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

"Dammit! Oh well, I better get some shut-eye myself" Eugene sits down on some blankets against the wall and pulls his hat down over his eyes, arms crossed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The night passed uneventfully. Bombs continued to fall in the distance, but the shelterers learned quickly to sleep through them, or to fall back to sleep in those instances where they were awakened. Friedrich managed to sleep as well, and those who guarded him through the night had no trouble with him. Several hours later, everyone was awakened by the warbling of the air raid siren sounding the all clear.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"SWEET MERCIFUL BUDDHA WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!??" Anna woke up screaming, being rudely awakened by the air sirens can do that to a person. It took some effort, but she quickly calmed down after a hit of adrenaline coursed through her body. She was having nice dream about her childhood before the air raid sirens blared, and now she's awake and screaming.
Last edited by HelplessBystander on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Pastiche »

"No need for panic, that's the all-clear!" Benjamin shouts. He gets up from the pew where he spent the night, and massages his painful limbs.

"Not a very comfortable place to sleep, but at least we're still in one piece! Now that the all-clear has sounded, I guess it's safe to go outside. Shall we drop off our prisoner at the police station?"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna took deep breaths, before quickly responding, "We should asses the situation first, even if the air raids are over, we don't know whether crucial buildings are still intact. I suggest we send someone out and go scout around a bit first before heading off to hand in our prisoner." Anna rationalised, she had noticed the German amidst them last night, but had chosen not to comment. She still believe it is pointless to comment on the soldier, even if they are at war, she's a doctor, and she had long since mastered the art of impartial judgement during her working days. "Also, you folks wouldn't mind checking whether my house is still intact, would ya? I hope it's still in one piece, but you never know." She directed this at everyone in the room with a relatively calm voice, carefully avoiding the crooked felon while she was at it. After all, being impartial does not mean she doesn't have any prejudices.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Mrs Cruckshank splutters awake; she had dozed off some time ago. She looks quickly to see that the German airman is still where he should be and then tidies her hair. "Well, what a night that was. If anyone is needing a roof over their heads after this, or even just breakfast, then you are welcome to come to mine on Gibson Square. I have eggs." She says rather proudly. "That's if it's still there of course."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"I have enough food in my house to cook some half-decent food, but I doubt they'll survive if my house didn't." Anna said sheepishly, as she unceremoniously tidied her hair, which had became quite messy after sleeping in an uncomfortable position for an entire night. "I don't suppose anyone have some hair-clips or hairpins that I could borrow? I don't seem to find any in my handbag." Anna said with a weak smile, her handbag was mostly occupied with a doctor's kit and some medical gauze she prepared for patients that habitually injure themselves.
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

"I'm going out to check my car," Eugene says as he tries to flatten his wrinkled clothes. "I'll be happy to look around and I definitely wouldn't say no to a good meal!"
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

Tinker stretched and yawned as she got up, seemingly unperturbed by the sirens, "I could go for a coffee and maybe a small bite."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

"Do you mind check whether my car is intact as well?" Anna said, attempting to sound persuasive. "It's just a on street on the right of the police station a few blocks down and you should see a sign for Maxwell's Sanitarium. I dunno, but I'm pretty confident in my cooking skills as long there's the necessary ingredients and the right equipment around." She had said the first part towards Eugene and the second part towards Tinker as she casually advertised her cooking skills to no one in particular as she subtly glanced at Tinker, hoping she'll pick up the hint and give her something to tidy her hair up without appearing rude.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook rubs her eyes, yawns and stretches. Then she remembers the bombed out warehouse, and looks towards Story and Elizabeth. "Perhaps we should go look for the TARDIS..." she says worriedly. She rummages through her pockets and produces a bobby pin and a rubber hair band, holding them out to Anna.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"It's worth a try surely," says Elizabeth, who had woken up a little while before Brook spoke. She's stiff from sleeping in the shelter, and stretches her muscles before she has to stand up.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

Anna quickly thanked Brook and tidied up her hair before feeling considerably more invigorated and ready to head off to go back to her house as soon as possible.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story drifted back to consciousness, opening his eyes he nods in agreement to Elizabeth's response and says, "Yes, yes... definitely worth a try." He stands to his feet, fully awake, and ready to meet the day. Looking at Brook and Elizabeth he smiles and reaches his hands out to assist his companions to their feet.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

Lord Colville wakes up slowly. He didn't get much sleep outside the luxury of his imported bed. He is ready to head home.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You're all welcome to come to Sunday services this morning," said Giles Curry. "I'll be focusing on the Old Testament, the Psalms in particular," he added with a polite nod to Benjamin.
OOC,I'll wait until this weekend to split the thread, when I should have time, and that will give everyone who hasn't already done so time to decide where they're going.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

OOC:   Great. That would be very well appreciated.  

Return to “Episode 2”