IC-Ep 2-Prisoners of Time(Everyone else)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 4 months

IC-Ep 2-Prisoners of Time(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

THE HORROR IN THE BLACKOUT
EPISODE 2
Salmon Lane - London, England
9:05 PM - Saturday, September 7, 1940

As the group neared the waehouse, the blazing RAF fighter flew over the nearby canal in the direction of the Thames. The pilot leapt out of it before the flames reached the fuselage, silk blossoming as his chute opened and slowed his descent. The wind blew him towards a flattened pile of rubble where until tonight a building had once stood in a row of warehouses that now resembled a gap-toothed grin. A pool of blood lay in the street not far from the ruined building, a trail leading from it to the ruins. It was then that Story, Elizabeth, Brook, and Eddie realized that the ruins had been the warehouse they sought. Story and his companions came to the realization that they were now trapped in the Blitz, the TARDIS buried somewhere underneath all that debris...

John Barrow drifted down towards the street below, where several people stood. He tugged the parachute strings to try to steer himself towards an open area, away from the rubble.
OOC,[b]John[/b], please roll Jump at double your skill to see how you land.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Prisoners of Time(Everyone else)

Post by Thorn »

Brook's eyes widen as she realises the building they left not long ago is no longer there. Nor is their ticket home, or the body of the girl. "Bloody hell....What are we gonna do?" She looks up as the parachuter seems to be coming down near them. "Look!"
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

"Looks like one of our boys! Better find out if he is hurt." Eugene starts walking toward the area he is most likely to land.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story makes his way over to the rubble. Once he gets there he says out loud, but to himself, "No, no, no..." Scanning the ruins he looks back at his companions for a moment before shaking his head in silence. It's only then that he snaps out of it and notices the man racing towards the ground with parachute deployed.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by DrPeterson »

John tried to guide his descent towards the open spot between the standing warehouses and looked on as his landing started to attract some attention. He shrugged and smiled, spectacular landings are only half the fun without a crowd to watch them.
Spoiler:
Jump, 50%, [dice]0[/dice]
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

Lord Colville surveyed the scene with smug satisfaction. "It seems that whatever foul plan you had for us has fallen apart, Professor Story. I see no evidence for your claims, and believe you must be some sort of conman working with our German friend. If someone would please assist me I think it best we put our german friend and Professor Story and his associates behind bars until someone can find out what their true intentions are!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

John tried to steer for the open street, and he almost made it, but he came down just on the edge of the rubble, bruising his foot. He still landed on his feet, however.
OOC,[b]John[/b] took 1 point of damage for the rough landing. Anyone (including [b]John[/b] himself) may try a First Aid roll on him, and others may try if the roll fails. A successful roll will heal the damage.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin rushed forward towards the fallen airman. "Are you badly hurt? Let me see that foot of yours..."
Spoiler:
First aid 30%: [dice]0[/dice]
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Thorn »

Brook rolls her eyes at lord Colville's suggestion. "Oh, for crying out loud, it's not our fault a bomb fell on the house!" She walks over towards the airman. "Nice landing, are you okay?"
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by leestriter »

"Oh yes Miss Brook, it is nothing but a coincidence that the all the evidence of your monster had been destroyed. Or that you and your party came in late enough to have chosen a destroyed house for your deception."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Oh don't talk nonsense!" says Elizabeth, unusually exasperated at Lord Colville's comments. "This building has just been destroyed. The air warden" - and she indicates Eddie - "met us there when it was still standing, not long ago. Are you going to call him a liar too?" She shakes her head in disbelief, unable to comprehend how stupid the man is being, and at the same time distressed that they seem to be trapped, even if this is less out of her time than it is for the others. "Meanwhile this airman needs our help!" She steps forward, ready to help the airman if need be.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John had come down rather harshly, grunting painfully as he tried to support his weight on his ankle. He'd stepped out of his parachute by the time he was swarmed by the group.

He smiles at Brook and speaks in an undeniable American Midwest accent.
'Thanks, a bit rougher than expected, but it beats crashing to death in a burning Hurricane.'

He then nudges Benjamin away.

'Thanks for the ministrations, padre, but I'm sure it's just a bruise.'

After that he looks over the group, nodding at the warden.

'What are you all doing outside? There's an airraid going on in case you missed it.'
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

"My thought exactly!" Eugene reacts animated "Shall we get back to the shelter? Nothing to do here..." Turning toward Benjamin: "Can you give me a hand with carrying this poor chap?"
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

ZadokAllen wrote:Turning toward Benjamin: "Can you give me a hand with carrying this poor chap?"
"I'm more than happy to give you a hand, provided our new friend actually needs help. But yes, let's go back to the shelter. It seems our little excursion was in vain..."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story shakes his head in disbelief and says to Lord Colville, "You've got to be kidding me. Are you an imbecile? Get a hold of yourself." He glances at the rubble and continues in an frustrated manner, "If it was all a ploy to draw you out don't you think the bomb drop would have been held off until it could fall on your head?" He again looks to the debris as he mutters, "I've got bigger problems than your accusations."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

John was feeling better after Benjamin helped him, and he was able to walk without assistance. He noticed that among the crowd was a German airman.
OOC,If you're going back to the shelter, there's no need to roll anything, as you know the way. If you'd like to try to find the police station to drop off your prisoner, I'll need a successful Navigate roll from someone. I believe [b]Eugene[/b] already tried and failed, but everyone else may try as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John laughs off the offered assistance and is suddenly startled, and grabs for his gun.

'Have you taken this man captive? Or are you the worst bunch of German spies ever?
If the latter is true, I am captain John Barrow, and I respond better to dry Martinis than to torture.'
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie Lawlor

Eddie looks at those around him admonishingly. "I know what I saw and they're telling the truth. There's something dangerous round 'ere and I don't just mean the bombs. I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to leave the shelter."

He examines the rubble wondering if there is anything to bear out his words.

"We've got a choice. Head to the police station or make our way back to the shelter. We shouldn't have left that lady on her own.."
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

"The faster where in the shelter the better! Maybe we should split up?"
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

"Which way is shorter? I'm starting to regret having ever left the safety of the shelter..."

Return to “Episode 2”