IC-Ep 1-Rain of Death(Everyone)

Story, Elizabeth, and Brook arrive in London in September 1940, in the middle of an air raid. They discover the body of a woman who has apparently been killed by something unnatural. They meet air raid warden Eddie Lawlor, who guides them to an air raid shelter where several others have taken refuge. A German airman also arrives, claiming that his bomber was downed by a monster.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Re: IC-Ep 1-Rain of Death(Everyone)

Post by andyw666 »

Archie looks appalled. "Good heavens above! Are you telling me a young woman up there somewhere has been killed not by a bomb but by a wild animal? The poor girl! I wonder if I should go back up there and give her the Last Rites?"

Archie looks genuinely torn between a desire to find the deceased and his duty to those in the basement. His gives the door a long look then all in the shelter, clearly in moral torment.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Mrs Cruckshank gives Story a hard stare. "Really. A young girl savaged by an animal? How did you know it was Nell Murrow? I'm sure you must have been mistaken; it's easy enough in the smog."

listen,25% roll:09
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Seamus greets Eugene with a look of grateful relief.

However, it's quickly wiped away by Story's added details. Going pale, "Did you see any of the creature? Anything at all?"
OOC:   Does Seamus recognize this as similar to what he saw in Whitechapel?  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, it doesn't sound like what [b]Seamus[/b] saw. [b]Brook[/b]'s Listen roll (55% skill) in the shelter: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Eddie[/b]'s Listen roll (55% skill) in the shelter: [dice]1[/dice]
Brook Davies,Through the loud din of the air raid above, a pair of footsteps could be heard entering the church and running quickly towards the stairs. [b]Brook[/b] could tell that the footsteps were made by boots, and she could hear a man muttering to himself upstairs in a German-accented voice: "How could it be? They are using monsters against us...it ate [b]Hans[/b]..."
Elizabeth Young/Archie Pennyfeather/Phyllis Cruckshank/Seamus,Through the loud din of the air raid above, a pair of footsteps could be heard entering the church and running quickly towards the stairs.
Brook looked up, startled, her jaw dropping.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Archie looks toward the door, relieved for the moment from his moral dilemma. "Sounds like another customer."

He heads over to the door with the intention of opening it and calling out to whoever is overhead so they can find the shelter.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

"Wait Reverend," says Eddie. "Let me go up and 'av a look. Can't be too careful."

Eddie grips his ceiling pike and slowly opens the door..
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Cruckshank puts her tea cup down. "Oh my. Yes, it sounds like there's someone else coming down. It's getting quite crowded down here; very warm too." She fans her face. "You holding up Mrs Duncan?" She potters about checking that everyone is as they should be.

She gives Seamus a wide berth except for sniffing loudly as she passes by and eventually stops, sitting on the pew next to Elizabeth and Thorn. She pats Thorn's hand, "Don't worry dear, just another poor soul, lucky he made it here in time!"
Last edited by aine on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth notices Brook's alarm, and is worried. "Are you ok Brook?" she asks, looking at her with concern.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Archie opens the basement door and calls out to anyone above that there is a bomb shelter here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, dear, I'm fine," Maggie said to Phyllis.

Brook nodded to Elizabeth. "Yes," she said, "but I think it might be a German. But that's impossible, isn't it? The Germans never- they can't be here in London!"

With the door open, Eddie and Archie could see up the stairs. A man in a flight suit was running down them, his boots dark and his uniform the light blue of the Luftwaffe. A Luger pistol rested in a holster on his belt, but he seemed to have forgotten it was there. He looked around with wild eyes, his sandy hair disheveled and his helmet gone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

As Story prepared to answer Mrs Cruckshank and Seamus he turns to look in the direction of the door upon hearing Archie mention the possibility of another person.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth gasps with shock, and brings her hand to her face. Like Brook, she cannot understand how this can be happening.
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

Eugene looks astounded at the German soldier. "In the name of all that is holy!"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Goodness me, a real German!" Mrs Cruckshank gets up and scuttles remarkably quickly over to her voluminous handbag and sturdy umbrella. She picks them up and stands there resolutely.
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

Lord Rufus Colville folds up his paper, sets it beside him and stands up. "Now, lets all just remain calm. No one needs to do anything hasty, I''m fluent in German and a talented peacekeeper." Lord Rufus begins speaking to the man in German, trying to find out what is going on and seeing if he can convince the man to throw his weapon aside.
Mister Ginge
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Mister Ginge »

Eddie waves his ceiling pike at the stranger in a threatening manner. "Don't make any false moves Fritz," he says, "or I'll 'ave ye!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The German raised his hands, as if aware of his surroundings for the first time, and came down the stairs slowly so that all in the shelter could see him. He began speaking rapidly in German.

"A parachutist!" screamed Laura. "It's the invasion!"
Story/Elizabeth/Brook/Benjamin,"I surrender!" the airman said in German. "What is happening?! It's impossible! How can you have such monsters at your command?"
OOC,Everyone may make a Psychology roll. Everyone but [b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], [b]Brook[/b], and [b]Benjamin[/b] may roll Other Language: German.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice] Other Language German(Skill 70) [dice]1[/dice] Psychology (Skill 60)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You can also use 1d100 instead of 2d10 for your dice rolls.
Lord Rufus Colville,"I surrender!" the airman said in German. "What is happening?! It's impossible! How can you have such monsters at your command?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months