IC-Ep 1-Rain of Death(Everyone)

Story, Elizabeth, and Brook arrive in London in September 1940, in the middle of an air raid. They discover the body of a woman who has apparently been killed by something unnatural. They meet air raid warden Eddie Lawlor, who guides them to an air raid shelter where several others have taken refuge. A German airman also arrives, claiming that his bomber was downed by a monster.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Re: IC-Ep 1-Rain of Death(Everyone)

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth smiles as Archie greets her, but is more concerned as the conversation turns inevitably to the animal attacks. She has seen much in her travels through time and space, but expects - and is seeing - that this news will only alarm those present. She bites her lip nervously, waiting to see what Story says next. She also crosses her fingers that whatever attacked that young woman isn't capable of making its way into an air raid shelter ...
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

"Ah, good to meet you Archie. Yes, yes I'm a Professor of Astronomy... I was educated at the Prydonian Academy. It's a long way off you know." He flashes a toothy smile and turns his attention to the rising concerns of animal attacks and continues, "Well, I really couldn't tell you what types of beast lurk the streets under the cover of night. However, I can say there is most certainly something mean and nasty out and about. No need to be alarmed. After all we are safe, and it's simply an animal... we have the advantage of numbers." Looking around the room he recalls something. Turning his attention back to Revd Curry he asks, "Did you happen to know a girl from Whitechapel named Nell Murrow?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Giles Curry scratched his head. "No, can't say the name sounds familiar," he said. "Whitechapel's only a few blocks away. She's not one of my parishioners."
OOC,[b]Phyllis[/b] and [b]Seamus[/b], you may both roll Know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 9 months

Post by ZadokAllen »

All of the sudden a man burst into the shelter. He looks around frantically and mutters a general “Good day’, further ignoring the occupants. His clothes are wrinkled, his shirt wrongly buttoned and his hair unkempt. His bloodshot eyes reveal a man with a lot on his mind and not enough sleep. He starts pacing in front of the shelter entrance, sometimes stopping to listen if the raid has stopped.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

The first old lady puts down her tea. "You shouldn't start scare mongering unless you are sure of your facts young man. Rabid animals!" She admonishes Story even though he looks older than her. "Look! You've scared the young ladies. I'm Mrs Phylis Cruckshank and this here is Mrs Duncan. We are with the WI! And that name might ring a bell. Let me think."
know,roll: 1%
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The raid had not stopped, far from it.
Phyllis Cruckshank,[b]Phyllis[/b] did recall a [b]Nell Murrow[/b] who lived in Whitechapel from her work with the WI. [b]Nell[/b] was one of the poor young women she had tried to help, though [b]Nell[/b] had been proud and hadn't wanted to rely on help. A few months ago, [b]Nell[/b] had begun working as a prostitute, which had alleviated her poverty problems, though it had other drawbacks.
OOC,Everyone, please give me a Listen roll at some point before I return. You won't actually hear anything until then, so please feel free to roleplay while I'm gone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin turns to the newcomer to introduce himself. "You're safe here, or at least safer than outside. It looks like you could use some of the tea the ladies have made..." He gestures towards Phyllis with a smile. He whispers, careful so that she doesn't hear him, "She may come across a bit bossy, but she's quite nice actually..."
Spoiler:
Listen 25%: [dice]0[/dice]
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years 11 months

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Seamus remains silent. His haunted memory igites by the mention of the attacks.
Spoiler:
Seamus has a Know of 99

[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]0[/dice]
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Steveoknox24 »

OOC:   I'll try not to roll from my phone in the future.  
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'll count the second roll as your Listen roll, which succeeds.
Seamus,[b]Seamus[/b] knew just about everyone in the East End underworld. [b]Nell Murrow[/b] was a prostitute who worked in this area, and a fairly successful one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story nods at Phylis and says, "My apologies Mrs Cruckshank." As Benjamin speaks, Story looks at the fellow who just burst in but says nothing.
FAILURE,Listen - 34% [dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

OOC,[b]Archie's[/b] [i]Listen[/i] is 50% and he rolls... [dice]0[/dice]
"Prydonian? Don't believe I know that one? Must be one of the new colleges." He mutters to himself.

Upon spying the new arrival, Archie heads over to introduce himself. "Archie Pennyfeather old son, and you are most welcome. Make yourself at home."
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

Elizabeth looks surprised at the latest arrival, but guesses he maybe dashed out in a hurry. He certainly looks as though he dressed in a hurry. Perhaps he was in bed? Although by the looks of him he doesn't seem to have had much sleep lately. She decides to stop thinking about it, and look around for a spare pew that she can sit down on, preferably with room for Brook too if she wants to sit too. It looks likely that they may be here for some time yet.
OOC,Elizabeth rolls Listen (stat 42%) [dice]0[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by aine »

Mrs Cruckshank tuts and takes a chipped cup of tea to the newcomer. "Come and sit down or you'll wear a groove in the flags. You're safe now unless we get a direct hit I suppose. Were you in a rush to be somewhere?" The man's dishevilled appearence jogged her memory.

"Oh yes, I've place her now. Nell Murow lives on Myrdle Street, not far from Whitechapel Rd. A poor strip of a girl but as pround as Punch. Wouldn't take our help." Mrs Cruckshank's face darkens. "No, thought she knew better but she's in a sorry mess now, I hear."
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

His reaction to Benjamin is slow, his mind is definitely somewhere else. Although he shakes his head to the offering of tea he nonetheless looks pleased when Mrs Cruckshank shoves a cup in his hands.

Nice to meet you, I’m Eugene Thomson.” “Salesman by trade”, as he tips his hat. "It’s just that everything I own is outside in my car, and I’m afraid it’s gonna get looted, you see?"

[­Spoiler-Button]Eugene Listen:45, [­dice]1d100[­/dice][­/Spoiler-Button]
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

(oops, lets try again)

[Spoiler-Button]Eugene Listen:45 [dice]0[/dice][/Spoiler-Button]
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Archie returns to Story. "Astronomy? Very fierce! I have a passion for archaeology myself, which I used to be able to combine with my ecclesiastical duties but then the War broke out. Can't spend too much time worrying about Mesopotamian archer Roman Army auxiliaries manning Hadrian's Wall, when our lads are risking their necks by land, sea and air, what?"

"Ah, what was that about a wild animal you mentioned earlier?"
Steveoknox24
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Steveoknox24 »

Seamus, eager at the distraction, chuckles at Mrs. Cruckshank's response. "I think it's all a matter of perspective. I know many who think Nell is quite a success." He looks around to see if the men catch his meaning and remembers how out of his element he is.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Looking at Archie, Story answers his question saying, "The wild animal... well, we didn't see the actually beast in question. However we saw the aftermath of its attack. I tell you it had strength as it pulled the poor victim from the street into the building that Eddie found us, and a measure of intelligence as it managed to open the door... bizarre, but certainly not impossible." Story shakes his head and continues, "A sad way for Ms. Murrow to perish, and a reason for us to not venture out alone."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
ZadokAllen
Initiate
Initiate

Post by ZadokAllen »

Eugene chuckles at Seamus his joke.

Return to “Episode 1”