The Zero Room - OOC Chat Thread

London, 1940: The world is engulfed in the flames of war, and now the war has come to Great Britain's capital. German bombers rain death and destruction upon the blacked-out city, but what other terrors lurk unseen in the darkness? The Time Lord, his companions, and a handful of London's inhabitants doing their bit may be the only ones who can avert disaster.

This is Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu, the fifth of a series of connected adventures set in different eras and locations that includes The Terror Out of Time, The Ninth Planet, The Shadow Over Dunwich, and The Brotherhood of Death.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years

Re: The Zero Room - OOC Chat Thread

Post by Pastiche »

Mr. Handy wrote:Oh, I've also been listening to the Scarifyers on BBC Radio 4 in my hotel. They've been airing The King of Winter, one episode per night, since last night, and I'll be here long enough to hear the whole thing.
BTW, you can listen to these online as well, even outside the UK : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0844sf6. They have plenty of audiodrama to keep you entertained for a long time!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

yockenthwaite wrote:Let's see if I can upload this image. This was my supper some hours ago. Newly published and updated Call of Cthulhu solo RPG adventure together with Gahan Wilson Cthulhu-y mug of coffee and a Portugese custard tart.
I've been wanting to play Alone Against the Dark for a long time. At some point I'll get both that and the 7th edition rules, but I haven't even gotten around to playing Alone Against the Flames yet.
Pastiche wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:Oh, I've also been listening to the Scarifyers on BBC Radio 4 in my hotel. They've been airing The King of Winter, one episode per night, since last night, and I'll be here long enough to hear the whole thing.
BTW, you can listen to these online as well, even outside the UK : http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0844sf6. They have plenty of audiodrama to keep you entertained for a long time!
Thanks, I hadn't known about that! It looks like anything that aired more than a month or so ago is no longer available.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Post by johnson41996 »

Hello all, thanks for having me! Im excited to play, and look forward to any story woven by Mr. Handy, who ive had the privilege of playing with a few years back. Im not sure if im reading the character sheets page correctly, MIA could mean the player split or the character is simply missing in game, but i kind of like the sound of leppy, so unless I'm mistaken i think ill take his place! Mr. Handy, as soon as i hear from you as to what ill need to read to catch up, ill get in game asap.

Also, if you are interested, i have the pdf's of 7th ed core and players handbook
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome! Thanks, but it isn't legal to share PDFs. I'll buy the books (physical copies) one of these days, when they're discounted enough or a softcover edition is released.

MIA means that the player is missing, not the character, so all the characters with MIA are available for you to choose, as is Leppy. Withdrawn means the player actually told me he was leaving. The others just stopped posting. When you've chosen your character, please let me know by posting here.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
johnson41996
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 9 years 1 month

Post by johnson41996 »

Sure, and my apologies, Im used to sharing documents and such with my friends, didn't mean to imply anything or attempt to do anything that would make anyone uncomfortable.

I'll go ahead and stick with Leppy, since his player has been confirmed as gone, on the off chance one of the other players comes back. Unless of course it would be more convenient for you to have me pick up a different character who's player may have left at an inconvenient time of the game and would like that character back in game. I have no problem playing whatever is needed!
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

You should play whichever character you want. While Lord Rufus Colville could get into the action faster, seeing as he's in it already, any of the characters is fine, and it's going well even with Lord Rufus in NPC mode.

You'll need to catch up on what Leppy has done so far. To do that, you'll need to read the IC threads listed below in the order listed, and only those IC threads. You cannot read any of the IC threads that don't feature your character until the adventure is over, with the singular exception of Introduction in Episode 1, which everyone may read. After that, please read the following threads:

Episode 1: The Shelter->Rain of Death->Into the Storm
Episode 2: Prisoners of Time->The Long Night->Among the Ruins->Buried->The Dead Girl->The Plot Thickens->Staying Behind

Once you've caught up, let me know by posting here, and I'll get you started in a new thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by yockenthwaite »

Mr Handy can you NPC Elizabeth for me for the next 3 weeks please? So sorry about this but in the last few days I've had quite a downturn in my MS-like illness. Hopefully things will settle, but struggling a lot at mo. Including not very coherent for game posting! So until Thursday 10th May or so? Many thanks.
Spoiler,She'll still be angry about what happened to Nell, and still wanting to know why Nell had to die. Without directly accusing the Major of killing her, with a bit of luck!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sure, no problem, and I hope you feel better. I'll generally have Elizabeth follow John's lead in your thread, as it wouldn't be fair for me to make decisions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

Mr. Handy wrote:Sure, no problem, and I hope you feel better. I'll generally have Elizabeth follow John's lead in your thread, as it wouldn't be fair for me to make decisions.
Many thanks. Much appreciated.
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Thorn »

Hello! Sorry about my abscense, I've had some stressful months at work, and I'm trying to write two books...Brook is still around, I hope.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

We've had some distressing news regarding our unborn child.
I'll try to be back by the end of the week.
Sorry for my absence.
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

In this case, reality is more important. Good luck.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yes, take however long you need, and take care.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

Take care, and hopefully everything will work out fine...
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

So sorry to hear that Dr Peterson :( Wishing you all the best.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome to johnson41996, who will be taking over the character of Seamus O'Leary, and to Shelfunit, who will be taking over the character of Charles Davis!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

Welcome indeed!
Shelfunit
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 6 years

Post by Shelfunit »

Hi all,
I'm Shelfunit, and will be taking over Charles Davis. I'm fairly new to playing CoC, but have been a fan of Lovecraft, and have owned the game for about 20 years now. As for Dr Who, I've been watching that since the days of Colin Baker. Just a word of warning for anyone relying on my character to do anything, how ever easy it may appear - my dice rolls tend to veer from bad, to inhumanly awful (although I seem to having trouble working the bb code for the forum roller, which I'm not sure is a good sign, or not).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I had a gallstone yesterday. I spent the day in the hospital and am still out of it today. I wasn't able to update, and I may not be able to until next weekend.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “The Horror in the Blackout”