IC-Ep 2-The Plot Thickens(Everyone else)

Story and his friends investigate and soon identify those behind the monster's appearance, which leads to a deadly confrontation for Brook and Eugene and the arrival of something truly horrific.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Plot Thickens(Everyone else)

Post by aine »

"Would you mind two old ladies tagging along, John? You see, we probably knew her best. Which is to say, not really all that well at all but we've known of her for a long time and we've tried to help her over the years; I think Mrs Duncan and I would like to finish the job so to speak." Says Mrs Duncan.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story has been standing there quietly listening to the conversation and finally says (more to himself than anyone else), "Catherine Exeter... that's a name I haven't heard in a long time." He looks at his companions with a hint of concern flashing over his face before saying, "Keep your guard up. It seems..." Glancing momentarily at Tinker as he continues, "Tinker isn't the only ghost from our past to return."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 7 months

Post by HelplessBystander »

"Really, are you an old acquaintance of hers?" Anna asked.
My Call of Cthulhu Campaigns:
Dead Men Walking (Looking for new members)
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

John smiles apologetically and scratches the back of his head.

"I don't know, ladies, I'd be more than happy to have you along, but airbase security might see the issue differently."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story smiles at Anna and says, "I had the occasion to met her husband, Professor Winston Exeter, a few years back. He was an Egyptologist if I recall correctly."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Well, you know best I'm sure." Says Phyllis Cruckshank to John and she sits down on a hard pew to listen to the others. Then she has a thought, "Where is the warehouse where you found Nell's body?" she asks the room at large.
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

jaysun81 wrote:Story smiles at Anna and says, "I had the occasion to met her husband, Professor Winston Exeter, a few years back. He was an Egyptologist if I recall correctly."
"...interesting. I'm guessing the assault that happened at the museum was somehow related to Egyptian cults or something along that line?" Anna took a shot in the dark "Because of the fact that the incident had happened in a museum...and the fact that Catherine Exter was a bit of an unstable person, I'm going to make an inference that the motive behind the violent assault happened to be of esoteric origins? Am I incorrect in my deductions?"
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 6 years 10 months

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin scratches his head listening to the conversation.

"I'm not sure I'm following anymore what's going on, it seems a lot of things have happened when we were still in the church and you were elsewhere. Also, I think some of you have a shared history I was not involved in. So, would somebody who has an overview of the whole situation be so kind as to provide a brief summary of all that we know so far?"
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

“If only I know.” Anna shook her head, agreeing with Benjamin. “I assure you, I’m just as confused as you are in this case. Pardon me if I sound too rude, but I believe that you’re hiding something from us, and I would very much like it if you could do me the favour of telling me exactly what it is that you are hiding from us.”
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Me?" Story looks shocked.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story/Elizabeth/Brook,The final confrontation with the cult in 1930 took place in secret chambers underneath a warehouse, not in the British Museum. The ghouls had tunneled into the basement of the British Museum, in the earlier part of that adventure.
OOC,Feel free to continue to discuss what you know and your plans with each other. So far [b]John[/b] is planning to go to the RAF base, and [b]Anna[/b] mentioned the possibility of going to the British Museum. That won't be open yet, but there is the possibility that some staff will be present. When each of you decides where you want to go next, please say where in this thread. If you're not sure what to do, you can each roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

Spoiler:
OOC:   Idea: 70 %[dice]0[/dice]
BTW, my in-character remarks reflect my OOC sentiment: I feel a bit lost in the plot, probably because some things that happened in other threads haven't made it back to this thread...  
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Mrs Cruckshank speaks up, "Well, Mrs Duncan and I went to visit Nell Murrow's ( the young girl who was savagelt attacked) land lady. We saw her room and collected all her belongings for the use of the W.I. This included her diary which I have here." She holds up a book and points to a couple of big bags of clothes behind a pew. "Nell was seeing a pilot and I think she had a date with him last night when she was killed. As Mrs Duncan and I can't go to the airbase, we are at a loss at what to do next. Do you have anything to add, Mrs Duncan?"
idea,(70%) roll: 34
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John looks somewhat embarrassed by the situation.

"I'm really sorry, ladies, but I'd feel bad about dragging you all the way out to the airbase and that's you'd be made to wait outside. Would you mind if I took that diary with me, just in case I need some leverage to get her lover to talk?"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
leestriter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 6 years 8 months

Post by leestriter »

"John, do you think I might join you at the airbase? I am a civil servant, after all" spoke Lord Colville.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"You're welcome to come along, but I'm not sure if your status will allow you access beyond the gates. "

He straightens his jacket and frowns.

"This is sensitive matter and I'm not sure if an outsider, who's not a pilot, will help things along. I think the best call here is to just trust me, buddy."
HelplessBystander
Keeper
Keeper

“I’m sure there’s something that we can do in the meantime. After all, we aren’t all decoration waiting in the background.” Anna sighed. She found that she’s sighing a lot these days.
Idea 80%,[dice]0[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Well, I suppose it's alright, you can drop the diary back here when you're done; if the Reverend doesn't mind." Mrs Duncan gives the little diary to John along with a hard stare. "Just mind that you do, young man."
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

John smiles a million dollar smile as he receives the diary.

"Scout's honor, madam."

He quickly thumbs through the diary for the relevant passage, reads it, and tucks the booklet into his jacket pocket.
Pastiche
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Pastiche »

Benjamin turns to Anna, trying to clear up more of his confusion.

"You said Rufus found a mangled body. Is this Nell you're talking about or somebody else? I thought Eddy was the one that discovered Nell... Also, what have you been able to find out about what happened at the museum so far?"

Return to “Episode 2”