Landing and cross country

It’s Monday, August 19, 1991. Yesterday, Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev was removed from office in a coup arranged by hard-line communists in his government.

Protests against the coup are breaking out across the Soviet Union. Nationalist insurgents in the various Soviet republics are declaring independence from the illegitimate “State Committee for the State of Emergency.”

The Investigators are members of a Soviet Spetsnaz, or Special Purposes Forces, unit. They were selected for this elite military service due to their political reliability and physical fitness. After intense training and as much as two years of service in Afghanistan, they are hardened combat veterans. Many suspect that the coup plotters intend to use Spetsnaz units to bully the opposition into line. However, fate has intervened and the Investigators’ Spetsnaz unit has been kicked out of bed for a less political, but even more pressing, assignment

Moderator: Cearlan

Re: Landing and cross country

Postby Cearlan » Wed May 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Well you could always try it? Faint heart never won etc. After all what's the worst that could happen as has been said famously many, many times.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Postby kabukiman » Fri May 19, 2017 9:50 am

Babenko decides to finish the creatures throwing a grenade, but he is too nervous and fail.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Postby evil_scientist » Wed May 24, 2017 8:35 am

Nick Korovin

"Fire in the hole!" shouts Korovin, and hurls a second grenade towards the foul creatures.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
evil_scientist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Postby Cearlan » Thu May 25, 2017 8:54 pm

The creature nearest the group is scattered by the explosions from the two grenades. one from behind that almost threw the creature forwards at a slight angle, but Korovin's grenade lodges between the creature and it's frozen clothing, then it explodes.

The force of the second explosion has another effect though. As the initial explosion forced the creature towards you, and slightly to one side the blast weakens a strut above your head, and dust and pieces of concrete rain down upon you all. Enter the two flamethrowers. Yelling without any pretence of control, the two Spetsnaz soldiers enter and burn the second creature to a flaming, flailing, screaming husk that falls to the floor, thick acrid smoke pouring from it as it's un-life flees it's earthly prison. At the end, once the smoke thins out a bit, you notice the third creature scuttling around the perimeter of the hemispherical chamber. It enters one of the side chambers and is lost to view.

OOC:   Roll luck please - if you botch the roll, then you take (half) damage from the grenades.  
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Postby evil_scientist » Thu May 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Nick Korovin

Nick's experience with explosions pays off - he evades the rain of shrapnel
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
evil_scientist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Postby Cotton » Fri May 26, 2017 1:11 am

Unfortunately, Melnikov is not quick enough to avoid the blast and shrapnel completely.
Cotton
Keeper
Keeper

Postby Mr. Handy » Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 am

Astoundingly, not one piece of shrapnel comes near Viktor.
Doctor Who/Call of Cthulhu Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Previous

Return to Cold Dead Hand