Chapter 7: Back to the Farmhouse

Arkham, Massachusetts, 1928. The last dying plea of an old friend and mentor leads to an encounter with a horror beyond description. Unwittingly released into the world nearly fifty years before, it is now time to finally confront the mistakes of the past. But it will come at great cost...

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 7: Back to the Farmhouse

Post by HoneyDog »

The companions go outside, shivering in the cold. Despite the light of the moon, which illuminates the surrounding fields, nothing can be seen apart from snow and the woods beyond. There are no fresh tracks around.
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Henry Glynn

"Where do you think the scream came from Mrs Carmichael? Are you sure it was a scream? Could it have been a whip-poor-will perhaps?"
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora Carmichael

"It was definitely a scream," she says. "But I'm not sure from where. It was somewhere nearby, in the woods, but not too close, judging by its volume."

She nervously makes a few steps in the snow, then returns to the group.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Henry Glynn

"Well maybe we should get back inside before we freeze. Poor Miss Stanton is shivering."
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

Balzac shines his flashlight around. "Perhaps we could do a circuit around the house, say a hundred yards out? Just to see if anyone is out there but not far enough to get lost."
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

Wearily, the other investigators join Balzac to circle around the house, but see nothing untoward. Anxious and cold, they return to the warmth of the back room to dry out their feet.
OOC,It is soon time for the ceremony to begin. I'll begin a new thread. I suggest you all have another look at the ceremony notes and Putnam's journal.

Return to “Edge of Darkness”