Chapter 4: Ross's Corners

Arkham, Massachusetts, 1928. The last dying plea of an old friend and mentor leads to an encounter with a horror beyond description. Unwittingly released into the world nearly fifty years before, it is now time to finally confront the mistakes of the past. But it will come at great cost...

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: Chapter 4: Ross's Corners

Post by HoneyDog »

storekeeper.jpg
“Certainly Miss Stanton. Head north out of town about a mile and a half. You’re on Boone Road. You’ll see the house on top of a small hill about a hundred yards to the east. Are you planning on staying long?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Probably not too long," says Alice, "but it's hard to tell. It depends on what state the house is in. Thank you again, Ma Peters."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

storekeeper.jpg
“You’ll need some firewood. I doubt there’s any dry up there.” She goes out back and returns with a large pile, which she sets on the floor, and then begins to ring up the companions' purchases.

“Now Miss Stanton, while you’re up that way, be advised that a local woman went missing last night. She went out to check the barn but didn’t come back. It’s got people worried, so please you and your friends keep an eye out for any women alone that you might see. We’d be very grateful to you.”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course," says Alice, taking money out of her purse to pay for her purchases. "What does she look like?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

storekeeper.jpg
“Oh, average build, short brown hair. Her name’s Maggie McPhirter.”

After a short pause she adds, “If you get any funny looks from locals it’s probably on account of that. Folks are a little shy around strangers right now. Don’t think nothin’ of it.”
OOC,Let me know when you all want to head out to the farmhouse, or if you want to stay in town more.
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

Henry Glynn

"We'll keep an eye our for Maggie. Was the barn anywhere near Boone Road where we're headed?"
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

OOC:   Sorry, I was very busy this weekend. Trying to catch up now.  
Isadora Carmichael

Isadora is alerted by the news about the woman's disappearance. Maybe the thing is already on the prowl?

"This place seems peaceful, I presume it's not often people go missing around here?" she asks the lady.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

OOC:   No problem.  
storekeeper.jpg
“The McPhirter farm is about a mile from your farmhouse” says Ma Peters to Henry. “The menfolk will be getting themselves ready for a search. They might head your way, but they might not, so yes, please have a look out.”

She turns to Isadora who she has seen for the first time, her eyebrows raised quizzically at Isadora’s unconventional appearance. “Of course people don’t often go missing around here. What do you think we are?”
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

OOC:   To the farmhouse next I think. If we happen to pass the McPhirter farm we could keep an eye out for activity.  
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

OOC:   Yupp, to the farmhouse!  
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner

Return to “Edge of Darkness”