OOC Chat

Arkham, Massachusetts, 1928. The last dying plea of an old friend and mentor leads to an encounter with a horror beyond description. Unwittingly released into the world nearly fifty years before, it is now time to finally confront the mistakes of the past. But it will come at great cost...

Moderator: HoneyDog

HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by HoneyDog »

Isadora, sure copy the hieroglyphs, it will take about 1 hour.

Guys, calm it down. You have what you heard from the Professor, you have the sarcophagus and the journal. Think about what you want to do with the information you have. Think about what it all means, and where it might lead. Think about the consequences of what might happen, and if at all it is possible for your character to carry on.

Innsmouth, I will send you an abridged version of the journal when I have time to prepare it, which is up to my infant son and his love of vomiting over me.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Isadora, with trembling hands, opens the sarcophagus to reveal...

...more fancy cookies! Hooray!
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

"Damn" says Henry "Best Before 3000 BC"
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

It says "Best Before," not "Use By." They'll just be a little stale, that's all... ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Post by andyw666 »

The infamous "best before" / "use by" debate...
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

This is CoC! Such cookies would no doubt be cursed by Thoth himself! Insanity cookies.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Now I'm worried that I have just wasted my one and only "1" roll. Probability Theory be damned.

And nice continuation of my theme of random pidgin French!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I suppose it was a bit underwhelming. I did give you only 20 minutes to find the clipping instead of 2 hours though! That must be a Library Use record.

What I should have written was:

"Balzac finds the horrific mummified corpse of the thing in the bottom of the filing cabinet. Who would have thought? Game over, but roll for Insanity".
Wolf
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 1 month

Post by Wolf »

Henry Armitage, huh?
This is going to be good
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Oh, I'm very happy with the researching results, nice to get some constructive investigating done! And with time to spare!

My fear is rather that - given traditionally these online dice hate me - that's it, my allotment of good luck is expended. I have a more cthulhoid view of probability.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

On a slightly differing topic, I assume most of Balzac's possessions would be back in Canada, other than his faithful trumpet?

Seems unlikely he would be travelling with a firearm or medical bag for an academic trip. So collecting a first aid kit next morning might be an idea for him too.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

andyw666 wrote:On a slightly differing topic, I assume most of Balzac's possessions would be back in Canada, other than his faithful trumpet?

Seems unlikely he would be travelling with a firearm or medical bag for an academic trip. So collecting a first aid kit next morning might be an idea for him too.
Sure. If you're all planning to visit the farmhouse, you'll all need to be adequately prepared. The keeper will be alert to exploit any weaknesses...
innsmouth
Adept
Adept

Post by innsmouth »

The investigators are hereby warned off going up against the Mythos armed only with a trumpet
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Horns worked well against the walls of Jericho!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Ouch, we are giving away too much straight away... Let's hope the head librarian is head cultist as well!

In other news:
I will be absent for the weekend. Maybe I will be able to come and post, maybe not!
innsmouth
Adept
Adept

Post by innsmouth »

The librarian is definitely a cultist. Not sure about Agnes Putnam. Bernard is a red herring, he'll turn out to be a thoroughly nice chap.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Don't worry Evil, I'm busy too. My father is visiting us - I think he might be a cultist.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I'm back!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Welcome back!

Return to “Edge of Darkness”