OOC Chat

Arkham, Massachusetts, 1928. The last dying plea of an old friend and mentor leads to an encounter with a horror beyond description. Unwittingly released into the world nearly fifty years before, it is now time to finally confront the mistakes of the past. But it will come at great cost...

Moderator: HoneyDog

andyw666
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 14 years 4 months

Re: OOC Chat

Post by andyw666 »

They say you're supposed to chant eldritch spells to the rhythm of the BeeGees' "Staying Alive".

Wait, that might be CPR.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 5 months

Post by HoneyDog »

I'd like to hear that Andy. In your best Balzac voice.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Mais oui!
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

Aaaarrgghh!!!!

Bordel de merde!
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by evil_scientist »

Oh, now for the hardest part of any CoC adventure... dealing with the fallout.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I will be absent for the week, but might get online now and then!
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Oooh I hope so! The mystery is almost over, but the investigators aren't out of the woods yet.
andyw666
Disciple
Disciple

Post by andyw666 »

*LAUGH*

I was just gearing up to RP a very off-his-brain-on-the drugs Balzac. Don't harsh my buzz Man.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

That would have been fun. Perhaps Henry is saving it for himself...
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

I'm slowly easing back into my usual life schedule, catching up with the games here, posts later today, hopefully!
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Welcome back! The game should be over soon, unless everyone ends up in prison for murder. And then you'll have to role play every day of your confinement as a punishment.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Wonderful epilogues everyone! Thanks very much for playing, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Please post your thoughts and critiques for our perusal and discussion.

I will plan to start a new adventure soon and you’re all very welcome to join. You can play the same characters again if you wish, and develop them further. I am thinking about The Madman, from the 6th edition rule book again (I paid good yen for that pdf, dammit).

But for now, the rewards. Please roll for skill increases, and award your character 1d10+1 Sanity for banishing the monster and knowing that it will no longer plague our world. Also, give yourselves 1 point for Cthulhu Mythos, as you are now aware of the presence of otherworldly beings, and such things as the existence of forbidden tomes (Di Vermiis Mysteris).
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Sanity 61%
[dice]0[/dice]
+1 = 3
Sanity score 64

Skill improvements:

Listen 25%
[dice]1[/dice]

History 20%
[dice]2[/dice]
Last edited by evil_scientist on Thu May 25, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Unlucky Isadora! Still, she has her Cthulhu Mythos point to console her.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Yeah, that's the real reward for her!
HoneyDog wrote:I will plan to start a new adventure soon and you’re all very welcome to join. You can play the same characters again if you wish, and develop them further. I am thinking about The Madman, from the 6th edition rule book again (I paid good yen for that pdf, dammit).
Yes, that'd be awesome! As long as it doesn't have a haunted house or a cabin in the woods... I saw it in the book, but don't remember anything, so probably didn't read it.

I enjoyed this adventure, I like it when there's enough space for character interaction and development besides the investigation & action.
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

I'm glad you enjoyed. I haven't read the scenario for a while, but there's no haunted house. I'll re-read it tonight - I think it's a fairly short one (so about 2 months of play :lol: ).
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

I enjoyed it too, and I'm looking forward to The Madman, which I've never played or read.

Isadora actually gets to increase both skills by 1D10 each. When rolling for skill increases, you want to fail.

Have you been tracking which skills we've used successfully during the adventure? I don't remember, and I don't have time tonight to look back through all the threads to check.

Alice's Sanity gain (current level 61):
[dice]0[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
HoneyDog
Keeper
Keeper

Post by HoneyDog »

Thanks Mr. H. Yes of course you're right about the skill rolls. I haven't kept a full record but i only have Alice succeeding rolls for First Aid and Listen - you tended to roll better with characteristic rolls than for skills in this game.

Evil, please roll for 1d10 for Isadora accordingly.

I can start The Madman soon, I'll advertise it in the appropriate forum. 4-5 players should be enough.
innsmouth
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by innsmouth »

First Aid 30 [dice]0[/dice]

Occult 70 [dice]1[/dice]

Psychology 7 [dice]2[/dice]
Award [dice]4[/dice]

Sanity award [dice]3[/dice] + 1
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

HoneyDog wrote:Thanks Mr. H. Yes of course you're right about the skill rolls. I haven't kept a full record but i only have Alice succeeding rolls for First Aid and Listen - you tended to roll better with characteristic rolls than for skills in this game.

Evil, please roll for 1d10 for Isadora accordingly.

I can start The Madman soon, I'll advertise it in the appropriate forum. 4-5 players should be enough.
You're welcome. I especially did well on my Sanity rolls. My Sanity is now 67, which is a little higher than when I started. I never did succeed at a Listen roll (I missed that last one by one point), but I did succeed at Persuade at the end.

First Aid (60% skill) XP check:
[dice]0[/dice]

Persuade (65% skill) XP check:
[dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Edge of Darkness”