2, Greeenapple Acre Cottage

Despite racing against the rain on your way northwards, the storm finally caught up with you in earnest and with it the night has fallen, abyssal black and riven by lightning. Conditions on the rain-swept road force your speed down to a virtual crawl so that your head-lamps can pierce the gloom and keep you on the path. The only thing certain now is that the weather behind you is worse than that which surrounds you, driving you onwards. What should have been an eventless journey has become something dangerous and unpredictable....

Moderator: Priest

evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Re: 2, Greeenapple Acre Cottage

Post by evil_scientist »

Alister Sergeant

Alister follows Maynard.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Priest
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 2 months

Post by Priest »

Sean watches in a mixture of horror and fascination as the rapidly transforming almost watery shape slowly begins to drift in a series of slow, almost hypnotic, jerking movements, that make him think of rainwater cascading from a broken gutter, down the wooden staircase towards him. About halfway down the stairs it seems to halt, as if suddenly aware of people behind it.

Sean, at this point please roll Sanity (0/1d4) and a Regular POW roll before acting failure of the POW roll will modify any subsequent action.

From her position in the doorway of the cellar, Judith, can see the shimmering thing from a nightmare suddenly come to a halt halfway down the stairs. For a moment it seems to stand still as if in two minds about its next move. Noises from alongside her tell her that the others are following her to the cellar.

Judith, at this point please roll Sanity (0/1d4) and a Regular POW roll before acting failure of the POW roll will modify any subsequent action.
OOC:   Everyone else may move but cannot access the cellar without pushing Judith aside.  
We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.
- Anais Nin
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 7 months

Post by Rooter »

Spoiler:
Sanity 69[dice]0[/dice][dice]2[/dice]Sanity reduced to 65

POW 70[dice]1[/dice]
Judith staggers in fright at the sight of the unearthly creature before steeling herself and, hearing the others coming up behind her and Dorothy's shout of defiance, she waves the crowbar in front of her and takes another step forward. "Leave us alone, you beastly thing!"
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Dorothy cheers on Judith. "You tell 'em, lady!"
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

"The box," Judith adds from the corner of her mouth, never taking her eyes off the entity. "Did someone bring the box? I left it by the stove in the kitchen. What if we have to do that ritual to get rid of it?"
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"I'll grab it!" Dorothy rushes back to fetch the box.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Don't draw it after you!" calls Sean. "We want it to come down here!" He holds the exposed end of the wire above the water, so that all he has to do is release it once the light is close enough. It will also act as a deadman's switch in the event that something happens to him, though he hopes it doesn't come to that. He's pretty sure he can let go of the wire before the light reaches him.
OOC,Sanity roll (current level 50) for seeing the light: [dice]0[/dice] Sanity loss for seeing the light: [dice]2[/dice] POW roll (50% stat) for the light's presence: [dice]1[/dice]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by Cearlan »

"Here, give me the box Judith. Whatever it is seems to affect me less for some reason. What do I have to do with it, is it simply a case of enclosing it within the box I wonder?"
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

Sean, as you wait in anticipation of the entity’s next move, you get a feeling of uncertainty that seems to flow from the Light. It flickers and moves, uncertainly, as if searching for something, or someone. Then the moment is broken as Maynard, unceremoniously, forces his way past Judith and begins a descent of the stairs.

The Light, having seemingly reached a decision flashes its way down the stairs into the cellar, and towards a small air brick set close to the floor a few feet from where Sean waits. As it moves so it seems to adopt an elongated shape as if to better allow it access to the air brick. To access the brick the Light moves close to the wet floor…
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

When the light is close enough to the floor, Sean springs the trap and releases the wire, letting the exposed end land in the water. He'll be safe enough up on the bench, especially with his rubber-soled boots, and he has the switch with him so that he can shut off the generator later.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

There is a flash of electrical sparks as the live wires make contact with the floor. The cellar is plunged into darkness as the main light explodes. Yet with the beam of the flashlight giving the room an almost surrealistic aspect, Sean sees the Light suddenly increase in brightness before vanishing with an audible ‘pop’. For a few moments silence descends upon the cellar…

Three steps down Maynard quickly halts as he sees Sean drop the wires. From behind him a female gasp, it must be Judith as Dorothy has run back to the kitchen in search of the box. As he stops he sees the flash of the electricity arcing through the inch deep water that coats the floor. Then nothing as all the cottages lights explode. Silence falls almost as if reality has held its breath in anticipation. Then a smell of ozone, strong enough to take his breath away…
- Anais Nin
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"Don't panic," Dorothy says, trying to heard over the chaos. "We've got to get out of the house. Use flashlights if you've go 'em. Try to avoid electric stuff and standing pools of water inside the house." She tries to get Emilia and the box safely outside.
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Alister Sergeant

"Is it... is it really gone?" whispers Alister, while slowly treading out of the house.
"I feel as if my soul would be torn out of my body," she gasped. "I am being drawn into a whirlpool. What is happening? What does it mean?" - The Secrets of Dr. Taverner
Rooter
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Rooter »

Judith drops the crowbar and hastens after Dorothy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sean flips off the switch and cuts the power to make sure it's safe. Once he's sure that the electricity isn't flowing, he steps onto the floor and heads upstairs, using the flashlight to guide himself. "I think I killed it," he says. "If it was even alive to begin with. Once I zapped it, it just disappeared with a pop."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

With the power shut off the interior of the cottage seems quiet, just the noise of the storm disturbing the silence and this seems to be slowly diminishing. The lightning seems to have lost its intensity, rolling thunder seems further away, the wind has dropped and the rain seems to have stopped competely.
- Anais Nin
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Let's all go back to the diner," says Sean. "I could use a cup of coffee and a thick juicy steak right about now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper

"Good idea," Dorothy says. "I'll stick with Emilia."

Later she asks the young woman "Is there anything else you can tell us about what happened tonight?" She wonders if she should try to reach a doctor, if there's anyplace with a working telephone.
Priest
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Priest »

The scenario is to all intents and purposes over. Sure there will be questions to answer and some to be answered. But this night is over, the entity, the Light or whatever it was is gone, maybe dead, but gone.
- Anais Nin
evil_scientist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by evil_scientist »

Alister silently walks away from the house. He simply cannot comprehend just what exactly happened, but he is happy that he lived to see the day...
OOC:   Thanks for the game, folks!

Unfortunately, I've lost the thread somewhere mid-way, when there were lots of posts made in my absence, and couldn't quite catch up to be an active player! Sorry for that...  

Return to “Dead Light (7th Edition)”