IC-Ep 2-The Cavalry(Artemis/Spurius/Marcus)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Cavalry(Artemis/Spurius/Marcus)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Antonius met Marcus Sabinus's gaze, nodding. "There is wisdom in what you say," he spoke. "You can leave Caesar's protection to me. As for Scaevola, do you know his whereabouts right now?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"No, Consul," Artemis interjected. "Lady Caelia will be wearing a vivid frock tomorrow while she is in Scaevola's company in the Forum. We thought that her being with the Senator and his co-conspirator's may help to identify all those that might be involved in this terrible plot against our Caesar."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"In that case, there is nothing more that can be done tonight," said Marcus Antonius. "Thank you for your warning. I shall see to Caesar's safety, and we shall keep an eye out for the woman in yellow."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"well, then I feel we have done our best, and may Fortuna bless us all in the effort to protect the General tomorrow," Artemis bowed his head, saluted the Consul then stepped back to join his colleagues. "Let us head back to rest, I am certain we can get a few hours of sleep before the morn. There will be room, even on the floor, at the Inn I am staying at. Otherwise, we should meet where?"
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus nods at Artemis's proposal. "I think it's best if we stay together for the time being, you can't ever be too careful, if they somehow know about us, they'll try to disrupt our plan." He said while walking towards the exit of the room.

Marcus then turns his head back to meet his colleagues with a crooked smile. "I don't mind sleeping on the floor, I can sleep anywhere, my friend."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Then, let's head to the inn, we can make the sleeping arrangements work for a few hours before morning light." Artemis headed out of the room and made his way back out into the night. "A queen, a consul, two cavalry men, villas, it has been a day for the ages to be sure."
Syllahorn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Post by Syllahorn »

"Even if we sleep together we need to take shifts. Too many people already know of us.I am not really sure if we can trust them all. The enemy might be unto us any minute now. , says Spurius with a concerned look, peeking around to see if someone is following them.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Well noted Spurius, well noted," Artemis said with a sigh. "Let's make haste, even a short amount of time can give us the rest we need."

Artemis lead the way back through the roads and alleys to the inn he had been using for the past few days , alebeit little time had really been spent there.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Artemis, Spurius, and Marcus took their leave and made their way to the inn where Artemis was staying. It did not appear that anyone was following them. At this hour, the streets seemed utterly deserted but for them. It was as if the great city of Rome were utterly devoid of people save for the three of them, though it had to have a population of over a hundred thousand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Men, it's been a while since I have been in Rome, but is it the norm to have such a quiet evening?" Artemis looked about as they continued to make their way to the inn. Their pace was that of men determined, his look that of someone not wanting to be bothered along his way.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus frowns and thinks about what Artemis just said.

"I haven't been much to this part of the city, but I usually work and go out at night. No matter how small the town is, there's always some night life, this is certainly strange." He said while looking to his sides as they kept walking, trying to listen to anything unusual.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

All was quiet, and the rest of the walk to the inn was uneventful. There were plenty of people sleeping in the common room, putting the lie to the notion that they were the only three people in Rome, but there was still some space left for the three of them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Let's find a spot, and we can do watches if we agree it's necessary," Artemis whispered and pointed to some open space that would accomodate them. "Who wants what watch?" I can do first or last."
Syllahorn
Layman
Layman

Post by Syllahorn »

"Agreed",answers Spurius, "I shall take the middle watch. If the need arises,do not hesitate to wake me up.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus walks up to the side of the room Artemis was pointing to, and as they all arrived, he laid his back upon the wall, lifting his knee while placing the foot on the wall too.

"You guys must be tired then, I'm usually awake at this hour, let me do the first one and get some rest. Is 2 hour shifts good for both of you?" He said with a slight grin on his face, looking at the entrance from where they came from.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Perfect Marcus, perfect, I will take the last then, Spurius, you have the middle shift," Artemis stripped off the toga as he whispered back at Marcus and looked about for his kit. Seeing it, he slipped on his earlier clothes, rolled his military cloak up into something of a sleeping mat, and slipped the pugio in a fold near his head. He looked at the other two, nodded, and did what all trained veterans did in such situations - slept.
Syllahorn
Layman
Layman

Post by Syllahorn »

Spurius lies down without saying another word. He needed as much sleep as he could get so in a few seconds he was fast asleep.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The two cavalrymen fell asleep right away while Marcus stood watch. It had to have been later than he thought, and he couldn't help yawning. It had been a long day and a busy night, and he was exhausted.
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], please roll CON x 5.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by DrkRoxas »

Con x5 = 45,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,holy crap!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Marcus was so tired he just had to sit down. From there, it was only a few seconds until he too fell asleep.
OOC,I'll keep this thread on hold for a little while until one of the other threads moves forward enough. Please be patient.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”