IC-Ep 2-After Midnight(Story/Companions/Caelia/Cavalry/Marc)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: IC-After Midnight(Story/Companions/Caelia/Cavalrymen/Mar

Post by aine »

Caelia hands the scroll back to Artemis. "You are right; and at least we know where Scaevola is- at least I hope so!" She says to Thorn and then waits with Artemis, Marcus and Spurius ready to lead them to her villa on the way to Marcus Antonius.
ooc edit,I edited this last bit just to make it clearer what Caelia is doing!
Last edited by aine on Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Yes, of course Lady Caelia, we can stop at your Villa, but we need to leave quickly then. Marcus, Spurius, and I are ready, Lady Caelia, is anyone else joining us?" Artemis looked about as he stood near where Marcus and Spurius were also waiting. " But, we need to get leaving now. The more that night passes, the stronger the plotters grow."
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at his companions and says, "If we go to Scaevola, we will undoubtedly find the dagger."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"So presumably that is where we should go?" says Elizabeth, hesitantly, looking from Story to Brook, and to Lucius as well. "If we have to stop him, or get the dagger, then do we realistically have any other options?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

While they wait for the oddly dressed group to decide, Caelia pulls Artemis, Marcus and Spurius to one side, "Look, to save time I'll translate the gist of the message to you now and then you can go straight to Marcus Antonius. But come in close as I only want to whisper; who knows who could be watching us right now."
Artemis Marcus and Spurius,She takes the parchment from Artemis and whispers, [color=#0000BF]"This is addressed to Scaevola from someone called Kemnebi at the temple of Thoth in Egypt.[/color] [color=#0000FF] 'Here is the Dagger of Ra, an ancient artifact of great and mysterious powers. You will need to slay an extremely powerful individual', something about sacrificing a large portion of your essence,'[/color] [color=#0000BF]that's Scaevola's essence."[/color] She frowns,[color=#0000BF] "I'm not sure what that is or means exactly.[/color][color=#0000FF] 'However, there may be a way to lessen the cost to your ka.'"[/color] She shakes her head again and tries to light the vellum better but it doesn't help her understanding.[color=#0000FF] "'If you conduct this sacrifice in conjunction with as many others as possible, the cost will be shared with them, though you will pay the highest price. It matters not which of you actually strikes the death blow, but it is essential that every one among you sheds the victim's blood.'"[/color] She looks up, [color=#0000BF]"So does that mean there are to be many assassins?[/color][color=#0000FF] 'Once that is done, further sacrifices can made of any individual as long as it is done in the presence of Thoth, and you shall reap the benefits. Of course, the more powerful the victim's spirit, the greater the benefits to you. Those benefits will far outweigh the cost of the initial sacrifice. If Thoth wills it, you will become the greatest magician the world has ever seen, able to live through the centuries and witness the eventual awakening of the Beast. If you go down this path, you will surely succumb to madness, but as we both know, madness is merely seeing the world for what it truly is.[/color]' [color=#0000BF] It simply ends with[/color] [color=#0000FF]'The blessings of Thoth go with you.'[/color]"
Caelia rolls the parchment up and hands it back, not wanting to touch it any longer. "So Scaevola thinks by murdering Caesar with this magic dagger he'll gain magical powers himself. He's crazier than I thought. And more dangerous than any of us dreamed.
I'll still play my part however and it was a good idea for me to be obvious to spot. I have a bright yellow stola and palla and a headdress of yellow feathers. It'll look ridiculous but you'll spot me in a crowd."
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus hears Caelia's reading and remains calm at the contents, as he already suspected something like this from his visit to Scaveola's place.

"I think it's of utmost importance that we head out as soon as possible if we're meant to do something about this, from the writing, I can perceive that these ceremonies would take a great deal of planning, and there's the chance the absence of this document might be noted anytime, if it hasn't been already." He said with a calm face, almost opposite to the serious tone in which he spoke.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Is there anyone who is [i]not[/i] going to see [b]Marcus Antonius[/b]? I'd like to get this moving in a few days, so please let me know if anyone has different plans by then. If I don't hear from anyone, I'll assume they're coming with the others.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

OOC,Caelia is not going to Marcus Antonius. She will stop at her villa for the rest of the night, write and send a message to Scaevola, sleep and prepare for the morning.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,Sorry Mr Handy I don't know what Elizabeth is doing. Am waiting for clarification from Story and/or Brook.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at the motley crew and says, "I believe my companions and I will attempt to track down and confront Scaevola."
OOC,Sorry for the delay in responding.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Alright, then, I think our group needs to head off quickly to find the Consul," Artemis spoke back towards the group as he swept his hand towards his fellow soldiers.
alazred
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by alazred »

Lucius Verres

After falling asleep for a few seconds Lucious woke up for what seems for him an eternity, he stand up and say"For my part I'll be going with Story, I think that's where I'll be the more usefull. Let's try to get Scaevola or the dagger Story! ".

And Lucious turn in direction of Caelia and ask:"Can you give us any indication on how to acess that initiation chamber in Scaveola house? "
OOC,New player in here! I hope to do well in this and not too many mistakes! ;)
dice roll test,[dice]0[/dice]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Caelia looks uncertain. "I don't know that I can. It's a difficult one. Scaevola warned that should I reveal the secrets of the Brotherhood, my eyes will be ripped out, my tongue severed and all sorts of horrible things will happen to me. If I tell you where in the garden the secret entrance to his underground lair is then he will know I told you. I swore to Thoth you see." She smiles briefly. "I did drop my bangle just before descending so to mark my passage in case I never came back. You need to be very wary of his guards too; they are fierce and carry khopesh."
alazred
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 4 months

Post by alazred »

Lucius Verres

Lucius lower slightly his head smiling, "I understand your fear, the powers of the gods are not to be taken lightly. Don't say nothing more, I dont want to put you at higher risk for those informations, I'll try to be discreet as a shadow when I'll search for the lair. "

He could not hold back a light smile again thinking of how clever Caelia is.
DrkRoxas
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by DrkRoxas »

Marcus nods at Artemis's gesture and then looks at Lucius and Caelia talking, as he proceeds to let his weight fall on a wall, calmly waiting for Artemis and the others to lead the way.

"Ready when you are, my friends." He said while letting out a soft laugh.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Good luck." Caelia says to Lucius with a small smile and then turns to go with the soldiers. "Let's hurry."
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Quickly I say, let's make quick of it," Artemis turned and joined Marcus and Lady Caelia as they headed out in to the cool night air.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Adelphus gave directions to all who needed them. After Artemis, Spurius, and Marcus dropped off Caelia at her home, where she went to sleep, they continued to the house of Marcus Antonius. Story and his companions went to the Ostia gate, heading for Scaevola's villa in the countryside.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], [b]Elizabeth[/b], [b]Lucius[/b], and [b]Brook[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
Bearding the Lion
OOC,[b]Artemis[/b], [b]Spurius[/b], and [b]Marcus[/b] are moving to the thread linked below:
The Cavalry
OOC,[b]Caelia Alba[/b] is moving to the thread linked below:
Perchance to Dream
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep

Return to “Episode 2”