IC-Ep 2-The Grand Tour(Artemis only)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-The Grand Tour(Artemis only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Excellent," said Akana picking out a choice cut of mutton from the ice room and selecting some small jars from the pantry. "Sheep are the same, whether in Egypt or Rome. The secret is in the spices."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Ritterton
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 8 years 6 months

Post by Ritterton »

"Spices...what would you need to use? Can I even find such things?" Artemis' voice carried a level of fascination. "Have you lived here in the Villa long? "
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A few years, as I said," replied Akana. "I'm sure you can find anything you need while you're in Rome. Many Egyptian foodstuffs are imported here, including spices. Half of what you eat in Rome is probably from Egypt, and you never even knew it. The best things will be expensive, of course. Let's see...in addition to salt and pepper, we'll need cumin and coriander. Fortunately, the Senator keeps his kitchen well stocked with Egyptian spices." She finished picking out the spice jars and returned to the hearth, where the fire was now roaring.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis watched and smelled the spices that Akana picked out for the meat. "salt, pepper, cumin and coriander," he whispered aloud a couple of times ensuring that he could remember what he would try to buy in the market before he left Rome for home. He smiled at Akana as he watched what she did.

"Hopefully, I can remember this. It's been an amazing day, having met the Queen, Caesar and now two Senators. Truly an amazing day for a simple soldier."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You are most fortunate indeed to have met my Queen and Caesar both," said Akana as she sprinkled spices on the meat while it cooked. "Had Senator Scaevola not purchased me, I doubt I ever would have met any esteemed personages. Now I live in luxury. You mentioned two Senators. I know you have met my master, but which other Senator did you meet today?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Ironically, someone for who I served and in effect was one of my masters in the Army. Senator Germanicus, very nice to this old veteran and offered to help with a petition my community has regarding being named an official colonial town of the Republic. I am suppose to meet him tomorrow after the festivities, I think that is what his servant said." Artemis smiled and watched how the spices were handled and then used.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ah, yes," said Akana. "He and my master are rivals, but they both love and serve the Republic." She noticed Artemis's attention to her cooking. "It is best not to overdo the spices. Often, just a hint will suffice."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Rivals, I thought that the Senate was much more friendly than I am learning it actually is." Artemis shook his head in bewilderment. "Well, the games and celebrations may be a happy time that brings everyone together. With the way my luck has been, I might even get to meet Caesar."

Artemis laughed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I thought you said you had already met him," said Akana. "Still, you may see him again at the games tomorrow. My master says the famous ex-gladiator Aricus Callidus Gladio will fight in them. I am sure Caesar will be in attendance, as he will not want to miss that. As for the Senate, politics can be complicated. Senator Scaevola says that friends can become enemies overnight, and enemies can become friends. He and Senator Germanicus are rivals, yes, but they are friendly rivals, and they work together for the sake of Rome even if they sometimes take opposite sides in a debate."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"I suspect that the situation with Caesar will have all of Rome choosing sides. But he has always ensured that the veterans and the legions are fed." Artemis started to smell the spice and b the meat. His mouth watered and his face showed his anticipation.

"will you be going to the celebrations tomorrow Ankara? An old vet lime me could always use a guide. He grinned and winked at the woman.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I shall be accompanying the Senator to the games, yes," said Akana as she finished cooking the mutton. Then she took a large knife and expertly sliced it, serving it on two plates, one for each of them. It smelled delicious. "It is done."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Artemis looked at the plate of the spiced mutton and took a deep smell of the delicious scent. He took a slice in his fingers and tasted the roasted meat. The spices and the meat were amazing, something of the likes he had never before had. His face lit up in delight and when he finished the first piece, licking his fingers clean, he smiled at Akana. "Now that is a true wonder of Egypt. This is the best mutton I have ever had. What a delightful surprise. Akana, thank you so much for showing me your secret in making this?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You are most welcome," said Akana, between bites of her own portion. The mutton was indeed the most delicious that Artemis had ever tasted. Akana put out the fire in the hearth and cleaned up after the meal.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Well Akana, I am truly grateful for the sharing of that remarkable dish, I believe I will be haunting the spice merchants for thsoe ingredients. I wonder if we should see if the Lady Caelia is finished? Or is there more that I should see?" Artemis said with a full smile.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I doubt she'll be done quite yet," said Akana. "You are most welcome. I can tell you which spice merchants are the best ones, where the Senator gets these spices. I will warn you, though, spices can get very expensive. A Senator can afford them regularly, but it would be more difficult for a soldier. Still, if you are good at haggling, you may get a better price. Come, there is still more you have not seen." Having finished cleaning, she led the way back out into the atrium.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Well even if I could purchase a small amount and save it for special occassions, an Egyptian feast would be a memorable way for our community to celebrate. Any help you can provide, would be more than appreciated, Akana. Now, lead on as this truly has been an evening of discovery." Artemis followed her marveling at all of the delights of the evening.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Seek out Oba the spice merchant in the marketplace in the Forum," suggested Akana as they entered the atrium. "His spices are not as high in quality as the ones you tasted tonight, but they are still better than what you're used to, and more affordable than the ones we stock here. Now, you still have not seen any of the bedrooms yet. I have saved the best for last."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

"Well then, let me not keep us from the best part of the tour." Artemis smiled as he followed after Akana.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Artemis[/b], please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Ritterton
Adept
Adept

Post by Ritterton »

Spoiler:
Listen 25% [dice]0[/dice]

Return to “Episode 2”