IC-Ep 2-Together Again(Elizabeth and Lucius)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Together Again(Elizabeth and Lucius)

Post by Mr. Handy »

The House of Cicero- Rome, Italia
Mid-evening- March 14, 44 BC

Lucius returned to the alcove where he had left Elizabeth, and she was still there waiting for him. "Thank God you're back, Lucius," she said. "I was starting to get worried." As he approached, she caught a whiff of rotting garbage and wrinkled her nose. "I hesitate to ask what you've been up to." Then she noticed that he was somewhat worse for the wear. "Oh, you're hurt!" She tried to help him, but it was too dark for her to see what she was doing.
OOC,[b]Elizabeth[/b]'s First Aid roll (45% skill) treating [b]Lucius[/b]'s injury: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Lucius[/b], you may attempt a First Aid roll to treat yourself if you wish. If you succeed, you recover 1d3 HP (up to a maximum of 2, the amount you lost).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
mindrot
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Together Again(Elizabeth and Lucius)

Post by mindrot »

Lucius shook off his clothes. "Well, I haven't discover anything important, except one fact - Cicero is aware of us, and he thinks we are suspicious. So, we shold act carefully. Praemonitus praemunitus, right?" Lucius smile to Elisabeth. Then he tried to treat his wounds.
"I think we shoul go back to meeting place", said Lucius when he finished.
First Aid=34%,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,Sorry for delay, some health issues.
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 17 years

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Yes that sounds like a good idea," says Elizabeth. "Perhaps the others are having more luck than us. Catching up with them would be a good idea." She watches with concern as Lucius tries to heal his wounds. "I'm sorry, I couldn't see well enough to help you. Are you ok to leave now, or do you need some more time to recover first?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Lucius[/b] is capable of walking. Where do you want to go? Back to [b]Cleopatra[/b]'s palace?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

OOC,Yes, where we'd arranged to meet the others.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth and Lucius made their way back to Cleopatra's palace. She walked upwind from him so as not to be subjected to the smell. The guards at the gates recognized them and let them onto the grounds, keeping their distance from Lucius and holding their noses. "You will need a bath before you may enter the palace itself," one of them told Lucius. "There is a guest bathhouse on your right." He indicated the building. "Do not bother to undress. Your clothes require a bath as much as you do."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'll wait outside for you Lucius," says Elizabeth. "Make sure you wash yourself thoroughly. That smell is very bad!"
mindrot
Layman
Layman

Post by mindrot »

Lucius proceed to the bath and enjoyed it. After it he squeezed his clothes and put it on. Clean and fresh he walkes out the bath.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

The bath was the most luxurious Lucius had ever had, and the exotic perfumes provided helped to eliminate the smell. By the time he emerged, he looked and smelled much better. He and Elizabeth were free to enter the palace, unless they wished to discuss things in private first.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"That's a big improvement!" laughs Elizabeth, as Lucius emerges from the bathroom, looking - and smelling - much better. "Do you want to have a quiet word before going into the palace? Anything else you found out that I should know about? Or shall we head in and hope to find the others?"
mindrot
Layman
Layman

Post by mindrot »

Lucius thinks for a moment, and shakes his head. "No, I think we may enter". Lucius nods and proceed to the palace.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elizabeth and Lucius entered the palace, proceeding to the antechamber. Other than the Egyptian guards and servants, only Adelphus was present. There was no sign of Nefertiri, or of their friends.

"Have you had any luck?" asked Adelphus when he saw them, a hopeful expression on his face.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"Sadly little," says Elizabeth, reluctant to say too much. "But we were hoping to meet our friends here, and that they might have been more successful. Have you seen them? Are they here?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"They are not here at the moment," replied Adelphus, "but some of them stopped by before leaving. Caelia Alba and two of the soldiers were here early in the evening before leaving for supper at Senator Scaevola's villa outside of the city. The Senator also keeps a house in Rome, and we know that he is not presently there. Story and Brook were here a little while ago, and they left to join up with Marcus Sabinus, a burglar who owes a favor to Nefertiri. Together they are going to try to gain entry to that house to search for evidence of his involvement. Nobody else has returned yet. You are the first."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"it is good to hear that our friends are still on the hunt," says Elizabeth, smiling. "Though I'm afraid that we have had little success." She looks towards Lucius, uncertain if he might want to say more on the subject. "I wonder if we should wait here for the others to return, or if there are any other leads that we could usefully pursue in the time available."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"If you can think of any leads we could pursue tonight," said Lucius, "I'll go with you. We could try to join the others and help them out, but our presence may make matters more difficult for them. Story, Brook, and this thief will be sneaking around, and that's harder with more people. It also may not go well if we show up at a Senator's villa uninvited. If there's nothing you can think of for us to do, we might as well get some sleep while we can. Tomorrow is going to be an eventful day, and we'll need some rest."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
yockenthwaite
Disciple
Disciple

Post by yockenthwaite »

"I'm at a loss for ideas," says Elizabeth. "Do you have any suggestions sir?" she asks, turning to Adelphus. "In any case I agree with Lucius that us two turning up at the Senator's house is more likely to cause problems for our friends than help them. Unless there is anywhere else sensible we can go at this late hour I agree that we should perhaps stay here and wait for the others to return. And see what tomorrow brings."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm afraid that is our only option at the moment," said Adelphus. "Perhaps the others will have better luck. Tomorrow I shall head out shortly before dawn to the Forum Romanum and be on the lookout for Caesar so I can give him one final warning if he arrives there. What time would you like to be awakened? The servants here can arrange that when they show you to your guest chambers."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
The Messenger
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”