Page 1 of 1

IC-Ep 2-It Takes a Thief(Story/Brook/Marcus)

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:23 am
by Mr. Handy
Marcus Sabinus's Apartment- Rome, Italia
Mid-evening- March 14, 44 BC

Story and Brook made their way up the stairs of the decrepit tenement building, having followed the directions that Nefertiri had given them. The apartment door on the top floor was made of cheap pine.

Inside his apartment, Marcus Sabinus was just finishing his supper.Night had fallen on Rome, and that was the time for which he lived. Darkness was his friend, enabling him to remain unseen as he plied his tried. His apartment on the top floor of this building was the least expensive, primarily because in the event of a fire it would be hardest to escape alive. There was always the option of climbing out of the window in an emergency, but he had never been that kind of thief. Maybe if he could pull in better money, he could afford a place that wasn't so dangerous.

Re: IC-Ep 2-It Takes a Thief(Story/Brook/Marcus)

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:35 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus was just spending another day at home, awaiting for the night to drop, in order to explore the alleyways surrounding his apartment. Every time spent outside would increase his chances of surviving a painful death in that hazardous and dangerous apartment. His brown cucullus smiled at him as the night dropped and he saw the sunset through his window. His fingers started itching, he could feel the excitement of a dull day leaving and a night full of possibilities being created in its place.

He stood next to the window, laying against the structure, with a crooked smile on his face. "This is sure to be a good night, I can feel it in my bones." he said to himself as he looked at the vast horizon being swallowed by darkness.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:36 am
by Thorn
As they stand outside the door to the little apartment, Brook looks at Story. "This isn't really too different from the tenement buildings back home. Fire hazards and rats nests....Time doesn't really change, does it...So, do we just knock?" She raises her fist, shrugging, then lightly raps the door four times.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:25 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus heard the four light taps on the door and quickly turned his head to its direction. He slowly stepped away from the wall he was leaning on, and started walking to the door. "Well, I wasn't expecting anyone, let's see what surprises me on the other side of that door." he thought with desire.

After slowly opening the door he saw two individuals, one of them was a very young girl. Marcus couldn't help but let out a slight smirk while rolling his eyes. "Good night, did you two get lost? This isn't exactly the safest place in town to be walking around in the middle of the night, you could easily get hurt." He said as he set his eyes on both of them.

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:59 pm
by Thorn
Brook shrugs a little. "Not lost, no. We're looking for Marcus. A mutual friend sent us." The sixteen year old looks him up and down. "Are you him?"

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:53 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus looks to the young one with a cocky smile on his face. "Ha! Look at you, not even a little scared, I like that spirit. Yes, I'm the only one crazy enough to live here, I love a good challenge." he said as he leaned on the door and crossed his arms.

"Who would this mutual friend be?" He asked while raising his left eyebrow, still smiling.

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:55 am
by Thorn
Brook looks around for a moment, then looks back to Story and Marcus. "Perhaps we should talk inside..."

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:06 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus smiles and turns around, slowly walking inside the apartment. "Come on in, then. The night doesn't wait around." He says as he makes a gesture with his hand over his shoulder, inviting both of them inside.

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:23 am
by jaysun81
Having drifted for a few seconds as if his mind was elsewhere, Story momentary beams with pride as he hears Brook take the lead with Marcus. In response to her question he nods and says, "Yes, yes... inside would be nice."

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:53 am
by Thorn
Brook glance around inside, then turn back to Marcus. "Nefertiri suggested you could be of help to us. We're planning to....investigate...a property."

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:23 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus immediately turns to Brook with surprise after hearing that name, he stayed frozen for two seconds before speaking. "Well, well, well... Yes, she's an old friend, and she's right, I guess you don't have to be an investigator to guess what kind of work I'm best at." He said while letting out a soft laugh at the end.

"If she sent you, I can trust you, let's get into the specifics of this investigation." Marcus said while smiling softly, with a sarcastic tone at the end when mouthing the word "investigation".

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:51 pm
by Thorn
Brook nods, and looks to Story before speaking. "Right. There's a senator who won't be home tonight. We'd like to take a look around his villa."

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:58 am
by DrkRoxas
"A senator's house? What an interesting target." He says as he sits on an old chair, creaking as if it was going to break, even though he was thin, this chair was pretty old. He crosses his arms and lays back with his eyes filled with excitement.

"Please tell me more."

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:06 pm
by jaysun81
Story speaks up, "We believe the Senator may be part of a nefarious cult called the Brotherhood of the Beast, and we seek proof of his connection. All this is on behalf of the Queen of course." He smiles and then continues, "I imagine your fee can be sufficiently covered by what you can carry out of the residency."

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:16 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus looks at Story with a confused face. "Brotherhood of the Beast? Is that a real thing? It sounds a little silly, specially for a Senator." He said before turning around and heading to the window.

"But I can't say no to such an offer, specially when there's so much potential in such an opportunity, certainly there must be something of interest there. I'm sold, my friends." He said as he looked at the moon through his window, just before turning around again, facing them and giving them a cocky crooked smile.

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:12 am
by Thorn
Brook nods and smiles. "Great, that's settled, then. By the way, he's Story and I'm Brook." She moves towards the door. "Let's go, boys."

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:19 am
by DrkRoxas
"Oh right, I never actually asked your names, how rude of me, nice to meet you." He said while bowing just a little bit.

"Sometimes I get carried away with excitement, let's proceed, shall we?" He then walked to the door and pointed them the way out. His crooked smile shining as always, not hiding his excitement for this unusual task.

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:13 am
by jaysun81
Instead of bowing or offering his hand Story merely nods at Marcus and says, "Yes, nice to meet you. Let's be on our way." As they begin to walk out he says to the thief, "If we are caught I trust you will not divulge why we're searching the Senator's house. Secrecy is of the utmost importance."

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:34 am
by Mr. Handy
Story, Brook, and Marcus proceeded out into the darkened streets of the city. Following the directions they had been provided, they soon arrived outside Senator Scaevola's house. Like other houses in this neighborhood, it was surrounded by a high wall broken only by a closed gate in front. There were a couple of storefronts on either side of the gate, but Marcus knew that they were rented out to shopkeepers and did not provide access to the main house. They were closed at this hour as well. No windows faced the street, but there were some that could be seen overlooking an open area in the interior of the house. No lights were visible within, and all was eerily quiet

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:32 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus sees the wall with patience, this was a really strong fortress, getting into it wouldn't be easy.

"So... This is the place, I've passed through here many times, but I never once thought I'd be trying to get inside." He said with a smile on his face, his eyes cocky and half open as always. The windows then got his attention and he proceeded to walk towards it, just before turning around, facing both of his companions.

"Is this a solo mission, or are you two tagging along?"

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:30 am
by Thorn
"It's a trio mission. We're definitely coming to," Brook answers, and follows towards the window.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:01 am
by Mr. Handy
None of the windows faced the exterior, and none of the visible windows were at ground level, though the wall probably blocked others from view. There were a few windows they could see from the side of the house, as well as a few balconies, but they were all inside the wall, overlooking the atrium (which they could not see with the wall in the way).
OOC,Anyone wishing to climb the wall must make a Climb roll. Failure doesn't mean you'll get hurt, unless you fail critically. You'll just take more time and be unable to get up the wall at first, and future attempts may be noisy.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:08 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus, after some pondering, decides that the only way for them to proceed is trying to climb the wall.

Fear got a hold of him, he was never a really good climber, but he had to try this time if he was to succeed, this mix of fear and excitement got his adrenaline pumping, he started sweating, all while still smirking.

"Well, this is the only way, it seems, let's proceed, the night won't wait for us much longer."
Marcus Climb = 40,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:39 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks up at the wall, and down on her Roman attire. "Oh well....if there's no other way..." She reaches for a handhold, trying to climb the wall.

Climb 40 % [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:51 am
by jaysun81
Looking at the wall Story says, "It's been many years since I've had to climb anything." Reaching for a good handhold he does his best.
SUCCESS,Climb - 40% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Story easily made it to the top of the wall, while Brook and Marcus were still struggling to find handholds and footholds. Peering over the wall, he saw a deserted, darkened open-air garden lined with marble columns of exceeding quality. There were some local trees, but some trees were also transplanted from Egypt, no doubt at great expense. The main house was visible off to the left, with two entrances: a corridor and a door. Balconies on the upper floor of the main house overlooked the gardens and had doorways leading inside, but they were darkened. The only light came from the moon and stars. There were two more structures visible on the opposite end of the garden, one in each corner, flush with the walls. The one at the opposite end of the garden had a door and a light-less window. The nearer one just had a gap in its wall. Story could see that he would be able to lower himself down inside the garden with no trouble.

"Hey," piped up Brook, though as quiet as she could while still being heard. "I don't weigh that much. Maybe you could give me a boost, and Story could pull me up the rest of the way."
OOC,[b]Brook[/b]'s Idea roll (70% stat) about the wall: [dice]0[/dice] If you want to try [b]Brook[/b]'s idea, either [b]Story[/b] or [b]Marcus[/b] should roll a Resistance Table roll of 1d100 pitting their combined STR of 21 against her SIZ of 12. This gives you a 95% chance of success.

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:59 am
by DrkRoxas
Seeing as Story had already made it to the other side, Marcus agreed to the idea of getting Brook to the other side of the wall with their combined strenght.

Marcus signals her to come to his side so he can lift her. "Off you go, miss."
Resistance 95%,[dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook almost effortlessly pulled herself up onto the top of the wall. Marcus, though he didn't look very strong, was actually able to propel her up even without Story's help. Then Story and Brook were able to hoist Marcus up to join them. From the top of the wall, they could now see another structure directly below, not quite as high as the wall. From here it would be no problem at all for them to lower themselves into the garden. Getting out again later might prove tricky, however.
Marcus Sabinus,[b]Marcus[/b] knew the layout of a typical Roman house. They were looking down upon the peristylium, usually found at the back of a house. The structure directly below most likely contained cubicula, small bedrooms. In this part of the house, they would probably be for guests. The room to the near right, which shared part of a wall with them, would be the exedra, a smaller indoor garden. The room on the far right would be the triclinium, where people dined. The corridor had to lead to the atrium, an open area near the main entrance. The door next to it should be the tablinum, a study where guests would be received. Business would be conducted there, and records would be kept there as well.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:50 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus thanks both of his companions for the help, it was nice, he was so used to working alone that when he found an obstacle, he often had to try a complete different approach and waste precious time, having some flexibility sure was a nice change of pace, however, now that he saw the house before him, he started to get worried about them stepping or bumping into something and alerting someone.

"Well, here we are, and as I see it, we have two options, we can either go all inside, or at least one of us can stay here, just in case we need help climbing this wall again in a hurry." he said to both of them, but not really caring about the outcome, he just wanted to get to work.

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:28 am
by jaysun81
Looking at Marcus, Story says, "I saw we all go, that way we can cover as much ground as possible as quickly as possible."

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:17 pm
by Thorn
Brook nods, not to keen on waiting on the wall alone.

(I'll be away again from the 6th. to the 14th. of August, please NPC Brook if necessary :) )

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:03 am
by Mr. Handy
It would be a trivial matter to descend into the courtyard. The burglars just needed to decide which entrance to use.
OOC,Sure, no problem! :)

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:57 am
by jaysun81
"For now perhaps you should lead the way Marcus. After all, you're the expert." Story said as he glanced around at the various entry points.

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Which way we should go from here depends on what you're hoping to find," said Marcus.
OOC,Since his player hasn't posted in a long time, I'll post for him for now to keep things moving.

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:09 pm
by CrackheadC.
Marcus looked expectantly at the pair, "Well, what exactly are you looking for? The complex has quite a number of rooms and buildings as you can see."

The thief began pointing them out and whispering, "We are near the back of the house now. Right below us are where guests usually sleep - hopefully since the head of the household is out, he is not entertaining guests. Directly to our right is a little garden, and further down is a dining room. Following this corridor leads to the atrium near the entrance - typically I don't go there when I'm burgling. Next to the atrium is a small study, a lot of business would be done there, probably records too. Next move really depends on what you folks are looking for." Marcus pauses for a moment, "You do know what you're looking for right?"
OOC,Hey guys, taking over for Marcus here

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:38 pm
by Thorn
Brook thinks. "I think we should try the study. There might be letters, ledgers..."

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:30 am
by DrkRoxas
"The study it is then." Marcus says while looking at Brook and Story, he couldn't help but being worried about their companions stealth, but this just excited him more in the end, he couldn't hide his enthusiasm and showed his characteristic crooked grin, cocky as always.

"Please be on the lookout for any ceramics or glass objects, we don't want our friends to wake up, that would be really unfortunate."

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
Marcus led Story and Brook through the door into the main house, which led them into the study. Very little moonlight trickled in from outside, though they were able to make out the outlines of the room's contents. It was definitely a study, with a writing desk against the left wall and shelves containing various scrolls against the right. A candle sat on the desk, but it had been snuffed out some time ago. The only other exit from the room aside from the one through which they had come was a wide opening opposite the door to the garden instead of a wall. Beyond it was the shadowy atrium. It was too dark to make out details from here, but there was a flickering light visible in the distance.

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:38 am
by jaysun81
Story nods at Marcus' warning. Heeding his advice he walks over to the opening and looks in the direction of the flickering light before saying, "Perhaps we should avoid the lit area for now."

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:23 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Spot Hidden.

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:57 am
by jaysun81
FAILURE,Spot Hidden - 28% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:14 am
by Mr. Handy
Story couldn't identify what the source of the light was, nor could he see anything around it.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:08 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus moves in the direction of the desk. "So, what are we looking for exactly, some kind of certificate or paper? Maybe there's something in this desk". He said while he looked over the surface of the desk, but there was something about that light at the distance that worried him.

"One of us should keep watch over that entrance, just in case. You can either tell me exactly what you're looking for, so I can speed things up, or I can stand watch over that entrance. Your call, mates". Marcus said with a smug smile on his face, waiting for instructions.

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:37 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks towards the light, then to Marcus. "Anything relating to a brotherhood. Or Cesar. I can keep watch." She stands in the doorway.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Brook[/b], please roll Spot Hidden as you keep watch. [b]Marcus[/b], please roll Spot Hidden as you search the desk. [b]Story[/b], you may also roll Spot Hidden if you search the desk.

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:23 pm
by Thorn
Brook spot hidden [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:37 pm
by Mr. Handy
Brook Davies,[b]Brook[/b] could barely back out the silhouettes of two tall men near the light, which was shed by a torch in the distance. They appeared to be talking to each other, though they were too far away to overhear, and they did not seem to notice the intruders in the study. They were standing near the front door of the house, most likely guards or servants.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:50 pm
by Thorn
Brook holds up two fingers to Story and Marcus, then points down the corridor and puts a finger to her lips.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:05 am
by jaysun81
Looking at the thief, Story says, "Honestly Marcus I don't know... something old, forbidden, and out of place I suppose." He smiles and continues, "I know... not very helpful." He turns and quickly glances over the desk, but the poor light reveals nothing to his aged eyes. He sighs in frustration.

Looking over at Brook he sees her gesture and nods.
FAILURE,Spot Hidden - 28% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:48 am
by Mr. Handy
"You mean like this?" whispered Marcus. From the jumble of papyrus scrolls on the desk, none of which Story could read in the dark, he pulled out one. "It's covered in Egyptian writing. Not really old, but it's got an elaborate broken seal with the image of the Sphinx." It was too dark for Story to make out the writing. He'd be able to if the candle were lit, but whoever was off in the distance might notice the light.
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b]'s Spot Hidden roll (75% skill) searching the desk: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Marcus[/b]'s Other Language(Egyptian) roll (1% base skill) reading the scroll: [dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:30 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus was excited, this was one of the strangest things he had seen, he was always happy to feel the thrill of unknown things, but at the moment they were inside a senator's house, he saved his childish excitement for later and entered a state of seriousness all of a sudden, he was not letting this job end poorly.

Since I can't understand this, you guys check it out while I keep watch, I will be harder to see if these guys choose to turn this way."

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:14 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], please roll Spot Hidden and Hide. [b]Brook[/b]. you may roll Spot Hidden to see if you can read the scroll in the dark. If you fail, both you and [b]Story[/b] may still read it by lighting the candle (there is a flint beside it).

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:36 pm
by Thorn
Brook spot hidden [dice]0[/dice]

Brook trades places with Marcus and moves over to Story to see if she can make out the text.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
Brook could not make out any of the writing in the dark. She couldn't even see her hand in front of her face. Lighting the candle would allow her to read it, but that could attract unwanted attention.

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:42 pm
by Thorn
She whispers:"I can't see a thing. Should we risk a light? Wish I had a lighter, at least, do they even have matches yet?"

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:37 am
by Mr. Handy
There was a flint on the desk beside the candle which could be used to generate a spark by striking it against the metal candle holder.

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:58 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks at the piece of flint and says, "We may find some additional coverage if one of us crawls under the desk with the scroll and candle. Perhaps it will help block some of the light, making it less obvious."

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:20 pm
by Thorn
Brook nods. "Alright. I guess I can fit under the desk." She crawls under the desk with the flint and scroll, trying to light the candle without setting herself on fire. Or the scroll.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:54 pm
by jaysun81
Story attempts to position himself as a shield, blocking as much light as he can.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b], please roll Conceal to see how well you're able to hide the candle's light.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:09 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus can see as his companions try to get some light in an effort to detail the papyrus, he starts to get a little nervous, but can't help but smile at the thrill. Still, he manages to look away from them and keep guard while trying his best to notice any strange movements, hiding the best he can.
Marcus Spot Hidden = 75,[dice]0[/dice]
Marcus Hide = 60,[dice]1[/dice]

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:34 pm
by Thorn
Brook Conceal [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:41 am
by jaysun81
FAILURE,Conceal - 15% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy
Marcus Sabinus,[b]Marcus[/b] could see two burly Egyptian men standing watch at the far end of the atrium, inside the vestibulum just before the front door. They had wicked-looking curved swords strapped to their backs. The light in that direction was cast by a torch carried by one of them. They seemed engrossed in conversation with each other, though they were too far away to overhear. They took no notice of the study even after the candle was lit.
Story/Brook Davies,By the light of the candle, [b]Story[/b] and [b]Brook[/b] were able to read the stylized Egyptian writing on the scroll: "Hail Adept [b]Scaevola[/b], I, Master [b]Kemnebi[/b], send you greetings from the Temple of Thoth in Khmun. Accompanying this missive you will find the Dagger of Ra. It is an ancient artifact of great power that we have only recently unearthed. Most of its powers remain mysteries to the Brotherhood for now, but it will certainly suffice for the purpose you have envisioned. In order to empower it for that purpose, you will need to slay an extremely powerful individual, and you must sacrifice a large portion of your essence in order to do so. However, there may be a way to lessen the cost to your ka. If you conduct this sacrifice in conjunction with as many others as possible, the cost will be shared with them, though you will still pay the highest price. It matters not which of you actually strikes the death blow, but it is essential that every one among you sheds the victim's blood. Once that is done, further sacrifices can made of any individual as long as it is done in the presence of Thoth, and you shall reap the benefits. Of course, the more powerful the victim's spirit, the greater the benefits to you. Those benefits will far outweigh the cost of the initial sacrifice. If Thoth wills it, you will become the greatest magician the world has ever seen, able to live through the centuries and witness the eventual awakening of the Beast. If you go down this path, you will surely succumb to madness, but as we both know, madness is merely seeing the world for what it truly is. The blessings of Thoth go with you."

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:25 pm
by Thorn
Brook looks up at Story, wispering:"This is bad.....like really bad. I always thought it was mostly political, but it's a sacrifice. I wonder who the Beast is....is it like the Devil?"

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:21 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus notices Brook's voice gets a little nervous when she talks, and seeing as the two men guarding ahead are still oblivious to their presence, he tries to hurry the act, they're sure to move on their route soon enough.

"So, did you guys find anything? These guys have been here for a while, I think they'll start moving soon enough, every guard has a route, is it something big you found?"

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:15 am
by jaysun81
Story scratches his head and exhales before saying, "Well, we know who the sacrifice is. As far as this Beast character I'd rather not meet him... don't you agree?" He smiles at Brook. Addressing Marcus' question Story says, "Indeed, we found something... something dangerous. However, we're missing a vital piece... the Dagger of Ra. It would be great if we could find it."

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:12 pm
by Mr. Handy
There was no sign of a dagger of any sort around the desk.
OOC,All of you may roll Idea.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:18 am
by DrkRoxas
Marcus Idea = 80,[dice]0[/dice]
OOC,Wow, what a delight with these rolls.

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:28 pm
by Thorn
Brook idea roll [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:29 pm
by jaysun81
FAILURE,Idea - 65% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:49 pm
by Mr. Handy
Brook Davies,It occurred to [b]Brook[/b] that the Dagger of Ra was most likely being kept somewhere close to [b]Scaevola[/b], perhaps even on his person, especially with the assassination only hours away. She also realized that the other conspirators might not be aiding the ritual knowingly, as they had their own reasons for bringing down [b]Caesar[/b]. She knew that [b]Scaevola[/b] was a minor figure in the assassination, and that [b]Cassius[/b] was the actual leader of that faction (along with [b]Brutus[/b], who had been convinced to join later). It might even be possible to thwart the ritual without changing history simply by removing either the Dagger of Ra or [b]Scaevola[/b] from the equation. The assassination could still go forward as planned with one fewer assassin.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:50 pm
by Thorn
Brook muses for a bit, then whispers:"So, we should either find the dagger and remove it from the equation, or stop Scaveola in participating in the...ah...event...It will still happen, but it won't be a sacrifice."

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:33 pm
by DrkRoxas
Marcus hears what Brook says and turns his head a little bit towards her, still keeping the two men on the corner of his eye.

"Are you suggesting we walk around the house and look for him directly? You have some serious guts, young lady." He said while letting out a soft laugh at the end, smirking and turning back completely to look at the two men.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:43 pm
by jaysun81
Story looks at Marcus and says, "Brook is quite right. We must either find the dagger, or at the least insure that the Scaveola doesn't use it. That said, I don't believe he is home tonight... so we either search for the dagger, or beat feet and get some place safe."
OOC,Wrote Jonathan instead of Story.

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:48 am
by DrkRoxas
"Well, my friend." Marcus says as he faces Story. "You're my employers, we do whatever you want, I'm okay with either option, I still need to grab something for my payment now that I remember..." He said as his crooked smile appeared and he started to look around for valuable things.

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:25 am
by Mr. Handy
Marcus found a few small, valuable-looking idols scattered about the study that found their way into his sack.

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:53 pm
by jaysun81
Story scratches his head and says, "Perhaps it is best to take our leave. At least we have a more informed idea of what is going on."

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I'll wait until Wednesday for the others to post. If nobody disagrees by then, I'll assume everyone is okay with leaving now.

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:49 pm
by Thorn
Brook nods. "Let's go. Perhaps the others have discovered something."

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:09 am
by Mr. Handy
The best way to leave would be the way they had come, back into the garden and over the wall.
OOC,Each of you will need to roll Climb to get over the wall if that's how you want to leave. Failure will not result in injury (unless it's a critical failure), but you'll still be stuck on the ground. Later attempts will risk making noise and alerting the occupants of the house, as well as taking more time. Just make one attempt for now if you want to climb the wall, and we'll see where everyone is after that.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:35 pm
by Thorn
Brook Climb [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:35 pm
by jaysun81
SUCCESS,Climb - 40% [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:36 am
by Mr. Handy
Story managed to swiftly climb back up the wall, and Marcus wasn't that far behind him. Brook had trouble, however, and was still stuck in the garden,
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b]'s Climb roll (40% base skill) scaling the wall: [dice]0[/dice] [b]Story[/b] or [b]Marcus[/b], you may attempt to pull [b]Brook[/b] up by rolling on the Resistance Table (whichever of you posts first), pitting your combined STR of 21 against her SIZ of 12. You will succeed on a 95 or less. If you fail, [b]Brook[/b] may make another Climb roll, as well as a Sneak roll to see how much noise she makes.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:30 pm
by jaysun81
Seeing Brook struggle Story nudges Marcus and works with him to quickly pull her up. As they began to hoist her up Story says quietly to her, "Come along now. We've got you."
SUCCESS,Resistance Table Roll [dice]0[/dice]

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
Story and Marcus effortlessly hoisted Brook up, and the three of them descended on the other side of the wall. As far as they could tell, their larceny had gone undetected. They made their way back to Cleopatra's palace, where the guards admitted them, and they made their way to the antechamber.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below:
After Midnight