IC-Ep 2-Seeking a Senator(Story and Brook)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-Ep 2-Seeking a Senator(Story and Brook)

Post by Mr. Handy »

The House of Servilia- Rome, Italia
Early evening- March 14, 44 BC

Story and Brook walked away down the street to start their search for Senator Scaevola.
OOC,Both of you may roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Seeking a Senator(Story and Brook)

Post by jaysun81 »

Spoiler:
Idea - 65%[dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story,Roman Senators didn't usually go anywhere alone. They all had entourages: servants, bodyguards, and sometimes various hangers-on. A crowd like that would be easily noticed by passersby and might even leave detectable traces of recent passage. [b]Scaevola[/b] couldn't have left all that long ago, so there was a chance someone would remember seeing him. Senators often had a house in Rome itself as well as a villa somewhere outside the city, and those seemed likely possible destinations. The house was probably somewhere in this expensive neighborhood, as other Senators lived here too. Locals might know where to find them. He also recalled that [b]Caelia Alba[/b] was planning to meet [b]Scaevola[/b] tonight, which could be one reason he had left- or perhaps he left because [b]Story[/b] and his friends had shown up and given their cryptic message for [b]Cassius[/b] to a servant that would have told him in front of [b]Scaevola[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Thorn »

Idea[dice]0[/dice]
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks at Brook and says, "I wonder if our arrival is what caused Senator Scaevola's departure. Hmmm." After a moment he begins to look about to see if there's any reputable looking folks they can question. A second later he says, "Now that I think about it a bit I seem to recall something about Caelia meeting with the Senator tonight. Regardless, it should be too hard to track down where he went." Spotting someone to question he begins moving towards them. He calls out, "Ah... you there."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

An imperious looking man in a white toga being trailed by a servant stopped and looked Story up and down. "Are you speaking to me, stranger?" he asked.
OOC,[b]Story[/b], please roll Luck in addition to asking your questions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

With a sheepish grin Story says, "Yes indeed my good sir. I apologies for the crass way I got your attention, but I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of Senator Scaevola's abode? I was hoping to catch up with him before the evening carries the day away."
Spoiler:
Luck - 70%
[dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I know not," said the man. "Now out of my way! I have important business!" He brushed past Story and continued on his way, the slave following quickly behind him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook shrugs a little, looking at Story. "You should ask a woman. With me beside you you won't look intimidating, and she's likely to respect an elder man." She smiles.
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

"Excellent suggestion Brook." Story flashes a smile at her before turning to look for a woman to question as they continue to walk.
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story and Brook continued trying to flag down passersby to inquire about where Scaevola's house was for about half an hour, but they had no luck with men or women. Either people didn't know, or they couldn't be bothered to stop and help a couple of foreigners. The traffic gradually thinned out, and soon there was nobody else left on the streets. It was now nearly sunset.
OOC,You may both make a Track roll to try to detect traces of [b]Scaevola[/b]'s passage.
Story,In the worst case, it was always possible to enquire where [b]Scaevola[/b] lived at [b]Cleopatra[/b]'s palace.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story stops walking and surveys the area. Finally after a moment he says, "Perhaps we should just go back to Cleopatra's palace and ask where the Senator lives." Pointing he says, "If I'm not mistaken her palace is this way." He begins to walk and yells outs, "Come along Brook. No point in burning anymore daylight."
Spoiler:
Track - 10%
[dice]0[/dice]
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

"Alright. It just feels weird letting this happen..." Brook follows Story towards Kleopatra's palace.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Story and Brook made their way back up the Palatine Hill to Cleopatra's palace, arriving not long after dark. The guards admitted them into the antechamber, where Nefertiri and Adelphus awaited them. "What progress have you made?" asked Nefertiri.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story looks from Adelphu to Nefertiri and says, "Not very much at the moment to be honest. However, I've got an itch I'd like to scratch. Tell me, could you direct me to the house of Senator Scaevola?"
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"His house or his villa?" asked Adelphus. "He has a house in a wealthy neighborhood of Rome, where many Senators live, and he also has a villa outside the city, just off the road to Ostia. I can give you directions to both." He proceeded to do so.

"I think you are right to be suspicious of Scaevola," said Nefertiri. "Caelia Alba and two of our other friends stopped by a little while ago on their way to investigate him. It seems she has a dinner date with him this evening at his villa."

Adelphus nodded. "Which means, of course, that he will not be present at his house - which may be advantageous. Of course, his household staff will still be there, but he will have brought his lictors and personal slaves with him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
jaysun81
Disciple
Disciple

Post by jaysun81 »

Story takes a moment to mill over Adelphus' question, "Hmmm, his house or villa. Excellent question. With limited time which is the best choice?"

Before he provides himself an answer he turns his attention to Nefertiri and then says, "Caelia will be entertaining the Senator you say? That's interesting news."

He nods at Adelphus and says, "Quite right. The fact that he will not be at his house does present an opportunity." Turning to Brook he smiles and says, "I hope you brought your deerstalker my dear... for the game is afoot." Looking once more at Adelphus, "Directions to his house will do just nicely Adelphus."
Wood Planet Gaming Lodge
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Adelphus gave Story detailed directions to Scaevola's house. It was not far from Servilia's house, where they had just been.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Thorn
Adept
Adept

Post by Thorn »

Brook smirks. "Lead on, Sherlock."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"There is one other thing that may help," Nefertiri told them before they left. "You do not look as though you are experienced in housebreaking. Fortunately, there is a man with such skills who owes us a favor. He lives in the Subura. It is a dangerous area, especailly at night, but I have a feeling you will need his aid. When you see him, tell him that I sent you, and he will assist you - especially if he gets to steal a Senator's treasures in the process." She gave them directions to an apartment building in the Subura. "He lives on the top floor. Of course, there is always the chance that he is out...working, but the night is young yet. I have a feeling he will still be home."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Episode 2”