IC-Ep 2-Eat, Drink, and Be Merry(Everyone else)

Story and his companions infiltrate the conspiracy and break into various houses in an effort to uncover evidence, and Senator Scaevola is implicated. Caelia Alba courageously visits Scaevola's secret lair to gather information. While their Roman friends spend an uneasy night dreading what may come tomorrow, the TARDIS crew bluffs its way in to Scaevola's villa to thwart his schemes, but all does not go as planned.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-Ep 2-Eat, Drink, and Be Merry(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius hurried off to fetch some wine.

"I do not pretend to know the interpretation of the vision," said Caesar. "That I leave to the wisdom of the augur who saw it." He leaned over to look closer at Titus. "That can wait until you have recovered from your ordeal. I am sorry you had to endure that. Your service is truly appreciated. Is there any way I can help you?"

At that moment, Claudius returned with the wine.
Titus Iunius Philo,You should make a 1d100 roll against your current Sanity (64, after having lost one point for casting the spell). If you succeed at that, you do not lose any further Sanity for having seen the creatures. Only if you fail do you lose the further two Sanity.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by DrPeterson »

"Ah, but some wine is sure to fortify him after this task.
Now, Titus Iunius, drink and shed some light on this mystery.
"
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Victoria Silverwolf
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 7 years 8 months

Post by Victoria Silverwolf »

Titus Iunius Philo,You should make a 1d100 roll against your current Sanity (64, after having lost one point for casting the spell). If you succeed at that, you do not lose any further Sanity for having seen the creatures. Only if you fail do you lose the further two Sanity.
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
When offered the wine, the hands of the augur tremble. The cup falls to the floor. Titus points a shaking finger at the liquid as it flows in a thin red line. "There is Caesar's blood." He seems to be in a daze.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius quickly stooped to the ground to clean up the spilled wine, but at least he did not have far to bend. Caesar looked on, his face unreadable. "Thank you, good augur," he said. "You must rest now. I can see that the vision has taken much from you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Claudius, make sure the augur is properly fed and taken care of."

Germanicus looked at his friend and admired his steel countenance.

"Perhaps we should take another turn in the garden, my fig trees are doing exceptionally well."
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Caesar nodded. "Yes, let us walk," he said to Germanicus, strolling with him through the garden.

"Yes, Marthter," said Claudius. He guided Titus back into the house and to a guest room adjacent to the one in which Septimus was resting.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I can't admit to being reassured by what we've just witnessed, Gaius."

Germanicus frowns and looks at his friend.

"But it doesn't alter your decision, I take it?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You know me too well, old friend," said Caesar, his mouth set grimly. "Whatever my fate, it is the will of the gods, and I must face it with courage. If Caesar's blood must be spilled, it shall not be done easily."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Nor shall it be spilled alone. I am by your side as always."

Germanicus clasps his friend's wrist and smiles.

"From the start I've believed that the Republic needed you to set her straight. Without you at the helm Rome should be lost. The people prey to the greed of corrupt senators. We have come a long way already, Gaius, but our task has not yet ended. I do not believe the Fates would be so cruel as to leave it unfinished."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Caesar clasped Germanicus in return. "Thank you, Germanicus" he said. "You are as a brother to me. I also do not believe the Fates will let Rome fall. Whatever tomorrow brings, we shall face it."

Claudius returned to the garden, stopping some distance from them and staring at his feet. Germanicus knew this behavior well. It meant that he had something to say, but he was afraid to approach while he was speaking with Caesar.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus looks at the wretched slave and wonders again how he had angered the gods that they should have burdened him with this creature.

"Approach, Claudius, and speak. There are no secrets amongst brothers."
CrackheadC.
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by CrackheadC. »

OOC,Taking over for Aricus Callidus Gladio, the Ex-gladiator
Aricus stood at attention in the gardens near the senator Germanicus and the honored guest Caesar, attempting to maintain a stalwart martial presence among the two great veterans. Though he was supposed to be hired as a guard, Aricus felt it was more likely that his presence was more likely to be that of a show for the guest after being told he was favored in the arenas, thus his full glatiator's regalia.

Aricus kept his words to himself until the augur had his fit and he said to no one in particular,"Great prophesies and fates for great men and nations, yet mine is simply one obscured by battle and potential glory."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius approached, hearing Aricus's words. He's a famous gladiator, at least, he thought. People admire him, but I am despised. No great prophecies deal with me, and the Fates openly mock me. "Marthter," he said, bowing low before Germanicus and Caesar. "There is an Egyptian servant at the gate. He says he bears a message from Caelia Alba."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"Send him in at once, man! By Juno, I hope her plans didn't go awry!"

Germanicus turns to Caesar again.

"Caelia Alba has displayed bravery where it was not asked and a loyalty to the Republic, and to you, that can not even be asked of your lictors. I am most anxious to hear her tidings."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Claudius rushed off.

"As am I," said Caesar. "She shall be rewarded for her loyalty and courage."

Shortly afterwards, Claudius returned with a muscular Egyptian in the livery of Queen Cleopatra, who knelt. "Ave Caesar!" he bellowed, touching his head to the ground.

"You may rise, good man," said Caesar. "You bear a message from Caelia Alba?"

The man stood again. "Spurius Papirius Valens brought the message from her to the Queen's palace. Caelia Alba wishes Senator Germanicus and his friends to know that she and Aretmis remain at the villa of Senator Scaevola, where she is to undergo an initiation ritual and he explores the villa. Spurius is returning there with Lucius and Elizabeth."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I am unfamiliar with the latter two, are they men of war or subtlety? And can you tell us more of the nature of this initiation?"

Germanicus frowns and looks from the messenger to his friend.

"This vexes me, if she is being inducted in some sort of Mystery, she might be in more danger than she bargained for. Caelia Alba's courage is to be admired. I hope it is not foolhardy."

"Claudius, have Laetitia, my fairest slave, run to the temple of Artemis and pay for the sacrifice of two cocks. Tell her to pray that the Virgin Goddess look over our friend in her dire need."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Make it four," said Caesar, handing Claudius some coins. "She can use all the help she can get."

Claudius bowed again and scurried away.

"I do not truly know them," said the Egyptian, "but Elizabeth is a woman, Britannian by appearance. I've heard tales that some Britannian women can be fierce, but she does not seem so. She is, however, subtle and intelligent. It was her idea to have Lucius pose as a patient who needs Caelia Alba's skills as a physician. He truly is injured, but it is not that bad. Lucius is a Roman and seems like he can handle himself in a fight, and he has a subtle look about him too. I do not know anything about the initiation. I only know what Spurius told me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

Germanicus nods, acknowledging the depth of the description.

"You may rest and refresh yourself. Eat some of the leftovers from the party. We may need you to relay a message back when you've finished."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, Senator," said the servant with a smile. "You are most gracious."

"When you bring back your message," said Caesar, "please also convey my best wishes to your Queen, and let her know that I shall visit her before I depart from Rome."

"I shall let her know, mighty Caesar." The servant bowed and went back into the dining hall to partake of the food and drink that was still flowing freely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple

Post by DrPeterson »

"I'm afraid I'm being a poor host to my other guests, my friend. Thank the Graces for Aemilia and Tullia to cover me in my absence. "

Germanicus looks inside and smiles as he sees his family mix and mingle.

"I should find her a decent husband again, Gaius, but I'm afraid I'm growing sentimental in my dotage."

He laughs to dispel the gloom.

"You wouldn't know of a suitable candidate, would you?"

Return to “Episode 2”